Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO TVOS 09:23 - Aug 10 with 30460 viewswalkley_owl

Morning fella,

Hope you've had a decent summer, good win on Saturday too, any idea what the away figure was?

cheers
FAO TVOS on 14:21 - Aug 10 with 10898 viewsTVOS1907

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

FAO TVOS on 16:09 - Aug 10 with 10800 views_dezzy

FAO TVOS on 14:21 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Blimey, it looked more than that.

KHBA

FAO TVOS on 17:31 - Aug 10 with 10664 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How does Saturday's attendance compare to the opener in 2014?
FAO TVOS on 17:38 - Aug 10 with 10297 viewsdingdangblue

FAO TVOS on 17:31 - Aug 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

How does Saturday's attendance compare to the opener in 2014?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

FAO TVOS on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 10253 viewsYorkshire_Dale

FAO TVOS on 17:38 - Aug 10 by dingdangblue

Thanks.......perhaps Tazzy's right?............San Spotty is getting expensive.

Where are the missing 300?

What a pity.............they missed a cracker.
FAO TVOS on 18:21 - Aug 10 with 10196 viewsaleanddale

FAO TVOS on 17:54 - Aug 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks.......perhaps Tazzy's right?............San Spotty is getting expensive.

Where are the missing 300?

What a pity.............they missed a cracker.

Cricket season ( CLL ) still on.

Plus holidays.

Taz is right though it is expensive. The club had to put the prices up that's to be expected. They need a master plan now though on how to deliver some added value.

What do you use this info for walkley?
FAO TVOS on 18:46 - Aug 10 with 10139 viewsColDale

There's all sorts of things you could say.I think there was a larger number of Posh fans last year (possibly 900?), and a first game back in League One would always bring more interest from our point of view, but it's rare to have such a direct reference point to analyse the figures from.

Cold hard economics would say that an 8% drop in crowd with prices having gone up between 10 and 13% would lead to a slight increase in matchday income (don't know how much impact the kiosks, Dale Bar, programmes etc fetch in)
FAO TVOS on 19:15 - Aug 10 with 9885 viewsD_Alien

FAO TVOS on 18:46 - Aug 10 by ColDale

There's all sorts of things you could say.I think there was a larger number of Posh fans last year (possibly 900?), and a first game back in League One would always bring more interest from our point of view, but it's rare to have such a direct reference point to analyse the figures from.

Cold hard economics would say that an 8% drop in crowd with prices having gone up between 10 and 13% would lead to a slight increase in matchday income (don't know how much impact the kiosks, Dale Bar, programmes etc fetch in)

Agree with that analysis, and I don't think there's any need for anyone to feel despondent about Saturday's attendance. About par for the course I'd say, and doubt there will be any Dale fans leaving the ground thinking they won't be back - so something to build on.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

FAO TVOS on 19:21 - Aug 10 with 9857 views442Dale

FAO TVOS on 18:46 - Aug 10 by ColDale

There were 799 away fans last year so 2601 home fans this year against 2814 a year ago. Definitely think the 'first game after promotion' aspect will be behind that difference.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

FAO TVOS on 19:30 - Aug 10 with 9830 views1mark1

FAO TVOS on 19:21 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

There were 799 away fans last year so 2601 home fans this year against 2814 a year ago. Definitely think the 'first game after promotion' aspect will be behind that difference.

That theory about why there was more home fans last season would certainly suit those who think it was right to increase prices. We will never know for certain why there was 213 less home supporters turning up, and maybe more of them might have been higher paying adults, in the more expensive stands, and maybe they paid a couple of quid per head more on refreshments in the kiosks and Dale Bar/Radcliff Bar.

Of course, it may well be that overall takings are up and that overall the income will be up, and even up from just the home fans, even IF there is less.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

FAO TVOS on 19:32 - Aug 10 with 9819 viewsPDIDDY

We have 3 prices this season, £18- £20-£22, reckon this will put plenty off popping down for the odd game. Donny was £23 , we took 1101 decent money for donny, heard blackpool is £25 , that is too much for lg 1 . Wigan in cup tomorrow is £10 , £5 and kids a quid, we've only sold 350 tickets so lucky if we take 1000,shame at tese prices, bury v dale on weds is £8

Gissa job

FAO TVOS on 19:40 - Aug 10 with 9783 viewsdingdangblue

FAO TVOS on 19:21 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

I know the old saying 'Rome wasn't built in a day' but after 3 good home pre season wins and the excellent poster campaign around the town - it must be saddening for those at the club to see less fans than last season. All we can do is keep on winning and playing superb football and hopefully the more attractive games coming up will see improvements.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

FAO TVOS on 19:42 - Aug 10 with 9770 views442Dale

FAO TVOS on 19:30 - Aug 10 by 1mark1

That theory about why there was more home fans last season would certainly suit those who think it was right to increase prices. We will never know for certain why there was 213 less home supporters turning up, and maybe more of them might have been higher paying adults, in the more expensive stands, and maybe they paid a couple of quid per head more on refreshments in the kiosks and Dale Bar/Radcliff Bar.

Of course, it may well be that overall takings are up and that overall the income will be up, and even up from just the home fans, even IF there is less.

I certainly don't think it was right to break through the £20 barrier and would rather try and build the numbers of home fans at the expense of an increase in gate receipts due to the away followings paying a couple of quid more.

Hopefully the figures will be analysed over a longer term basis eg. are numbers in the Main Stand decreasing while those in other stands increase? The new marketing manager will be onto things like this. Hopefully from there she will then get the majority of say in the pricing of games/season tickets etc.

FAO TVOS on 20:28 - Aug 10 with 9679 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 19:42 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

I certainly don't think it was right to break through the £20 barrier and would rather try and build the numbers of home fans at the expense of an increase in gate receipts due to the away followings paying a couple of quid more.

Hopefully the figures will be analysed over a longer term basis eg. are numbers in the Main Stand decreasing while those in other stands increase? The new marketing manager will be onto things like this. Hopefully from there she will then get the majority of say in the pricing of games/season tickets etc.

Think there is a lot of merit in this.

I would argue it's better to increase prices incrementally over a longer period.

The club is trying to increase attendance with better marketing, increase revenue from merchandise sales and improve the atmosphere with more fans in the ground backing the side? This could also even turn out to be a virtuous circle fuelling better attendance if the "buzz" spreads round the town.

Increasing prices will probably at worst mean attendance is down but gate revenue is up to offset. At best, you replace the "lost" fans with new fans and make more money on gate receipts but not increase numbers of bums on seats.

Surely it would be better to try to get more local fans through the turnstiles now when the club is at its high watermark in terms of playing performance and the new marketing manager is implementing lots of new campaigns, then increase prices when new fans are on board, rather than lose momentum at this crucial juncture?

I have no dog in this race either - I don't get to loads of games so when I do go, price isn't a deterrent.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 21:03]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

FAO TVOS on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 9515 viewsboromat

With the amount of Northern teams in the league it was the perfect time to increase the prices and even a drop in home fans will not change that. The club will make more on gates this year due to the increase and the away followings will maximise that.

We might not like it but I think it was probably a very good move from a business perspective.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

FAO TVOS on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 9472 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 21:39 - Aug 10 by boromat

With the amount of Northern teams in the league it was the perfect time to increase the prices and even a drop in home fans will not change that. The club will make more on gates this year due to the increase and the away followings will maximise that.

We might not like it but I think it was probably a very good move from a business perspective.

Still could have increased away prices by £2 but home prices by only £1?

FAO TVOS on 21:50 - Aug 10 with 9469 views_dezzy

The price increase was inevitable . How many businesses do you know that kept their product the same price for 5 years?

KHBA

FAO TVOS on 22:05 - Aug 10 with 9429 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 21:50 - Aug 10 by _dezzy

The price increase was inevitable . How many businesses do you know that kept their product the same price for 5 years?

I'm not contesting an increase.
Flip side - how many businesses increase their price to customers by 10-13.3% in one go and sell more of their product?

FAO TVOS on 22:16 - Aug 10 with 9394 views442Dale

FAO TVOS on 21:49 - Aug 10 by DaleiLama

No, they have to be the same price as the Main Stand. Cannot agree with this theory of getting as much as possible out of away fans either. Said it before, they're fans like we are.

I accept that at £22 we're still around the average, but would prefer we stuck to £20 and under or at worst raise it by a quid.

FAO TVOS on 22:26 - Aug 10 with 9371 viewsdingdangblue

FAO TVOS on 21:49 - Aug 10 by DaleiLama

I suppose that could have been feasible - it is the best stand ( view wise) with no obstructions.

FAO TVOS on 22:47 - Aug 10 with 9320 viewsD_Alien

Is there anyone who posts on this forum who didn't go due to the price increase?

Not that factor and others (e.g. it was a nice day and wanted to spend some time with the family) - just that factor alone

And if so, what did you do during the afternoon?

It's not a case of being nosey or judgmental - just trying to ascertain to what extent the price increase actually made any difference, since this seems to be the crux of the discussion. I don't personally think it played such a big part, as opposed to other factors.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

FAO TVOS on 22:48 - Aug 10 with 9317 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 22:16 - Aug 10 by 442Dale

No, they have to be the same price as the Main Stand. Cannot agree with this theory of getting as much as possible out of away fans either. Said it before, they're fans like we are.

I accept that at £22 we're still around the average, but would prefer we stuck to £20 and under or at worst raise it by a quid.

Other clubs do it. Other clubs charge a lot more than we do at their grounds too! We still charge less at £22 for away fans to watch a game at our place than we have to pay to watch at most/all of theirs. £25 at Blackpool for example. Needs must imho.

FAO TVOS on 22:56 - Aug 10 with 9293 viewsDaleiLama

FAO TVOS on 22:47 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

Is there anyone who posts on this forum who didn't go due to the price increase?

Not that factor and others (e.g. it was a nice day and wanted to spend some time with the family) - just that factor alone

And if so, what did you do during the afternoon?

It's not a case of being nosey or judgmental - just trying to ascertain to what extent the price increase actually made any difference, since this seems to be the crux of the discussion. I don't personally think it played such a big part, as opposed to other factors.

213 less fans out of 2814 is ~7.5% reduction in home fans - probably not statistically significant with holidays etc. as you say.

I guess the club will have to crunch the numbers at seasons end and assess the true extent of this. Sure families will be hit hardest.

FAO TVOS on 23:03 - Aug 10 with 9262 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 22:48 - Aug 10 by DaleiLama

Other clubs do it. Other clubs charge a lot more than we do at their grounds too! We still charge less at £22 for away fans to watch a game at our place than we have to pay to watch at most/all of theirs. £25 at Blackpool for example. Needs must imho.

Other clubs can only do it if they are providing different levels of accommodation.

For example, whatever it costs in the away end at Chesterfield will have to be the same as at the home end because the accommodation is equivalent.

If they stuck us on the side again, we would have to pay the same as whatever their fans pay on the side.

It will be costing Blackpool fans £25 for similar accommodation to what we have on Saturday.

As DDB says, one get out clause at Spotland could be that the Main Stand has some obstructing pillars, whereas the away stand doesn't.

Personally, I'd prefer us not to go down the 'other clubs do it' route.

FAO TVOS on 23:04 - Aug 10 with 9259 viewsTVOS1907

FAO TVOS on 18:21 - Aug 10 by aleanddale

Cricket season ( CLL ) still on.

Plus holidays.

Taz is right though it is expensive. The club had to put the prices up that's to be expected. They need a master plan now though on how to deliver some added value.

What do you use this info for walkley?

CLL and holidays were happening at the same time last year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024