Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
samba diakite? 12:46 - Aug 18 with 6866 viewsbrad

whats happening with this guy?are we gonna give him a chance or what,better than henry?or not,from hero to zero in 3 seasons,i thought he had a bit of talent with a bit of agression,just what we need for this league!any thoughts?
samba diakite? on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 1403 viewsadhoc_qpr

samba diakite? on 11:55 - Aug 19 by Northernr

11 appearances for Watford? He started once, and was sent off. He never started again and only made five sub appearances. They looked into sending him back early. My Watford season ticket holder at work says he's one of the worst Watford players he's ever seen.

7 for Ittihad - even if that is accurate does 7 appearances in an awful standard of football over an entire season not ring a few alarm bells? In total, by age 26, he has made just 52 starts in European football.

If you're looking for a stick to beat Chris Ramsey with, not picking Samba Diakite shouldn't be one of them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Just going off wikipedia to be honest!

Not digging at Ramsey for Diakite at all, he's just a genuine puzzle for me and a shame because we still lack any midfielder with the sheer dynamism he's showed in flashes.
samba diakite? on 12:55 - Aug 19 with 1348 viewsGetMeRangers

samba diakite? on 11:36 - Aug 19 by jamois

Diakite or Karl Henry?

Or following Neil_Si suggestion, Samba or Perch (or Cole)

If this is just to be a middle table season, then I would love to see him for entertainment value, maybe coming on when a game is all but lost (though in this league that is never quite the case). For me, he livened up the Atalanta game just as it was beginning to peeter out
samba diakite? on 13:05 - Aug 19 with 1340 viewsqprnaas

I would love to see him get a run out... his tackling is obviously shocking but hopefully he is working on that cos if he's on form he is one of our best players (remember that Arsenal game)

He should be at least making the bench
samba diakite? on 13:19 - Aug 19 with 1302 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hard to play football when you have a debilitating illness I'd imagine, if that is the issue. Personally I'd consider a fit in form Diakite a bonus rather than a rock QPR depend on.

Let's forget he exists, and if he pops up and plays a worldy then terrific.

Good luck to him, be it at Rangers or elsewhere .
samba diakite? on 13:31 - Aug 19 with 1288 viewsbaz_qpr

samba diakite? on 11:02 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Yes he was terrific against Arsenal, but the Fulham game was before that when he only lasted 33 minutes and was lucky to manage that. I don't think he has regressed, I think that Arsenal game - in hindsight, because I thought he was going to be brilliant too - was a dog having its day.

He did also have 41 league games (9 Goals)in the French 1st division which brought him to our and others attention as well as being a key player in the ANC in 2012 for Mali.

He is only 2 years older than Jay Emmanual Thomas

Given the philosophy is supposed to be coaching and developing our players rather than keep buying more, if he is willing and enthusiastic then maybe he should be given an opportunity
samba diakite? on 14:03 - Aug 19 with 1247 viewshoops_legend

Anyone who would have Henry in there team over Diakite has forgotten the reason they originally love football and is now purely results driven.

Henry is anti-football but reliable

Diakite is crazy but potential to change the game...

Whats the worst that can happen
samba diakite? on 14:14 - Aug 19 with 1223 viewsWatford_Ranger

samba diakite? on 14:03 - Aug 19 by hoops_legend

Anyone who would have Henry in there team over Diakite has forgotten the reason they originally love football and is now purely results driven.

Henry is anti-football but reliable

Diakite is crazy but potential to change the game...

Whats the worst that can happen

The worst that can happen is that he kills someone on the pitch and maims an important player in training.

Yeah it would be entertaining if he wins some tackles and beats players but there would be nothing entertaining about him being sent off in the first half hour or having to be brought off to save him from himself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024