Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oktoberfest 09:31 - Sep 6 with 2383 viewsToast_R

Piss up with some mates last night who I ain't seen in months I bought myself 4 mini kegs of Paulaner Munchen Helle, brutworst, saurkraut the whole nine yards. Whoever said German beer with its strict rules on ingredients that gives you no hangover... is a lying fuktard.

However last night I was feeling no pain and it is great beer. Anyone ever been to the real Oktoberfest and is it worth a visit or just way too touristy?
[Post edited 6 Sep 2015 9:31]
Oktoberfest on 10:11 - Sep 6 with 2324 viewseghamranger

I'm going with 9 other fellas on 25th Sept for 3 nights. Never been before, but it looks fantastic. Big steins of beer, chicken and sausages to eat and women wearing traditional German dress. It's a yes from me. We are flying there from Heathrow and staying at a holiday inn in Munich somewhere near a station. Haven't organised it and I'm just turning up at Heathrow with a passport and euros.

Anyone else going?
Oktoberfest on 10:55 - Sep 6 with 2253 viewssuttonranger

Oktoberfest on 10:11 - Sep 6 by eghamranger

I'm going with 9 other fellas on 25th Sept for 3 nights. Never been before, but it looks fantastic. Big steins of beer, chicken and sausages to eat and women wearing traditional German dress. It's a yes from me. We are flying there from Heathrow and staying at a holiday inn in Munich somewhere near a station. Haven't organised it and I'm just turning up at Heathrow with a passport and euros.

Anyone else going?

I've been to the real one twice it's quality (last time 2 years ago) steins were about 11 euros each but you don't need as many 🍻. Great atmosphere at the site with massive beer tents holding like 10000 people each. If you can I would try and book a table in one of the tents as there's 9 of you going you won't find an empty one, they'll be booked or you can just bowl about each of the tents. You'll see people stood on tables necking/chugging their steins (& women)
The town is good too I recommend the hoffbrau house beer Keller (I think where hitler stormed a meeting)
If you've never met Germans before they're decent folk (some birds are gorgeous) have a good time and post yr thoughts upon return, you'll see some proper mashhhup people out there but no grief.
Oktoberfest on 10:58 - Sep 6 with 2242 viewsizlingtonhoop

It's plenty touristy in places, but absolutely fun. But that was 1996. Christ, how time flies. It's a very traditional festival so shouldn't imagine it has changed much in 19 years.
Oktoberfest on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 2085 viewsItalianR

Been there, very touristy for sure but great beer and great food. I love Augustiner. Speaking with some German friends, if you want the real Oktoberfest spirit, just drive a few miles out of Munich and enjoy even greater beer and great atmosphere at the Oktoberfests in the Bavarian towns.
Oktoberfest on 15:12 - Sep 6 with 2071 viewslondonscottish

Or you can just go to Kilburn.

http://www.london-oktoberfest.co.uk/

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Oktoberfest on 20:00 - Sep 6 with 1906 viewsMark1

Took some clients there a few years back and got absolutely Gerd Mullered - Brilliant atmosphere.

Hofbrau Haus good too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024