Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline 19:35 - Sep 9 with 4053 viewsDrewster

Recently went on holiday and Easyjet lost my luggage in the way out, 3 weeks later no trace despite them trying all avenues.
They have now accepted that it's lost and given me the links to start a claim.
Anyone had any experience with claiming off them or travel insurance?
Already had the conversation with my insurance company who want to see proof of ownership of my collection of tee shirts, shirts and pants, of which I have none.

Any tips and advice welcome
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 19:52 - Sep 9 with 4024 viewsShotKneesHoop

Check your insurance and see what the limit of repayment is. What your insurance company will pay and what EasyJet will pay is not the same thing.

Put in a claim on the airline - but be prepared for them to knock it back.

They bust a trout rod of mine going out to Bordeaux and it took a second flight there with a photo of the same rod on a baggage trolley to get them to pay up. Even though I could prove the rod cost £150, they allowed me to replace one that was "similar" costing £75 - and it wasn't as good.

And you'll lose your premium of £50 or so for making a claim, so make sure your claim covers everything that was in your case which is priced at M & S prices and not Poundland.

Best of luck.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:06 - Sep 9 with 4003 viewsDrewster

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 19:52 - Sep 9 by ShotKneesHoop

Check your insurance and see what the limit of repayment is. What your insurance company will pay and what EasyJet will pay is not the same thing.

Put in a claim on the airline - but be prepared for them to knock it back.

They bust a trout rod of mine going out to Bordeaux and it took a second flight there with a photo of the same rod on a baggage trolley to get them to pay up. Even though I could prove the rod cost £150, they allowed me to replace one that was "similar" costing £75 - and it wasn't as good.

And you'll lose your premium of £50 or so for making a claim, so make sure your claim covers everything that was in your case which is priced at M & S prices and not Poundland.

Best of luck.

Cheers, I don't expect the airline to stump up much.
Travel insurance cover is good, but they have all the caveats around proof of ownership as I mentioned. Have I any pictures of me in the clothes was their question!
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:40 - Sep 9 with 3945 viewsPommyhoop

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:06 - Sep 9 by Drewster

Cheers, I don't expect the airline to stump up much.
Travel insurance cover is good, but they have all the caveats around proof of ownership as I mentioned. Have I any pictures of me in the clothes was their question!

Time for a little trip down to a few shop's changing rooms.Don't forget the camera and make sure the price tags are out of shot.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:49 - Sep 9 with 3925 viewsizlingtonhoop

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:40 - Sep 9 by Pommyhoop

Time for a little trip down to a few shop's changing rooms.Don't forget the camera and make sure the price tags are out of shot.

Thereby helping to increase the premiums for everyone else.

Just out of interest, what was your view on MPs' fraudulent expenses?
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:53 - Sep 9 with 3915 viewsPommyhoop

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:49 - Sep 9 by izlingtonhoop

Thereby helping to increase the premiums for everyone else.

Just out of interest, what was your view on MPs' fraudulent expenses?

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:55 - Sep 9 with 3904 viewsizlingtonhoop

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:53 - Sep 9 by Pommyhoop

You or me?

I'm serious, fraud is fraud, you may be joking.
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:59 - Sep 9 with 3885 viewsPommyhoop

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 20:55 - Sep 9 by izlingtonhoop

You or me?

I'm serious, fraud is fraud, you may be joking.

It's a fair cop guv.
You're a right bastard Regan..

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 22:27 - Sep 9 with 3823 viewsFredManRave

I feel for you Drewster, not in a Chaka Khan way but because I know what a shite experience that is. Many years ago I went on a winter break to Sri Lanka with my then girlfriend, her baggage never turned up at Colombo airport. Suffice to say the holiday was pretty much ruined, although she dealt with it alot better than I would have. The worse thing about it wasn't the monetary value of the loss but the sentimental value that most of her clothes had. And she never got them back. So as I said a really shite experience.

Anyway getting back to the point, seeing your post reminded me of a BBC article headline I saw just yesterday about lost luggage and in that articel they mention World Tracer which I'd never heard about beforehand so just in case you haven't the links are below.

Anyway, I hope it turns up and Good Luck with the insurance claim.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-32166737

http://www.sita.aero/solutions-and-services/products/worldtracer

Edit: Just seen the link was from April but might still be of help.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 22:31 - Sep 9 with 3817 viewsCiderwithRsie

No tips at all I'm afraid, airlines are bastards who seem to have made up some sort of international convention agreed by themselves on this subject which apparently puts them above the law of the land when they are negligent
Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 22:43 - Sep 9 with 3797 viewsDrewster

Non QPR - claiming for lost baggage by an airline on 22:27 - Sep 9 by FredManRave

I feel for you Drewster, not in a Chaka Khan way but because I know what a shite experience that is. Many years ago I went on a winter break to Sri Lanka with my then girlfriend, her baggage never turned up at Colombo airport. Suffice to say the holiday was pretty much ruined, although she dealt with it alot better than I would have. The worse thing about it wasn't the monetary value of the loss but the sentimental value that most of her clothes had. And she never got them back. So as I said a really shite experience.

Anyway getting back to the point, seeing your post reminded me of a BBC article headline I saw just yesterday about lost luggage and in that articel they mention World Tracer which I'd never heard about beforehand so just in case you haven't the links are below.

Anyway, I hope it turns up and Good Luck with the insurance claim.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-32166737

http://www.sita.aero/solutions-and-services/products/worldtracer

Edit: Just seen the link was from April but might still be of help.

Cheers Fred, been using World tracer since it went missing and it's a blank.
Like it literally vanished, luton said it went on the plane, faro said it never arrived.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024