Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives and Negatives 23:32 - Oct 20 with 1951 viewsbaz_qpr

Ok lets start with the positives, as I said in another thread all I wanted was progress and today we saw progress, even if it was not popular.

POSITIVES

Clean sheet - yeah baby!! We got a bit lucky, we should have been down to 10 we dropped a few rickets but we got it and we needed it

Hill / Hall Partnership - I thought they did really well put into trouble a few times by team mates in possession, they were dominant in the air against a team that was supposed to be strong in that department. Ok Hill should have got red but we got away with it

Sandro - Was excellent protecting the defence and made a huge difference, different class to Henry

Defensive organisation / defending as a team - Yes we actually had some and we defended as a team much much better

NEGATIVES

Toszer was woeful again he put us into trouble so many times first half, nearly got Hill sent off, failed to offer for the defence, past sideways or backwards or gave the ball away a lot

Matt Phillips - He's at his best in a 4-4-2 with a simple task of holding wide taking 3 touches and putting a cross in or winning a long diagonal, that was what he was so effective at in the last half of the season. If he has to think or play more central he just makes the wrong decision time after time

The Bench - Did we really need 4 central midfielders on the bench where 3 would have done with a striker

The substitution, this where Ramsey needs an old head next to him to say What the feck? Right player to come on but surely it was a straight swap for Luongo who was pretty ineffective, to see us pumping long balls to Fer by choice was bizarre. How did Toszer stay 90 minutes surely 10 minutes of Hoilet might of been worth a go. Sure I get we did not want to concede come what may, but when you've already lost the crowd it just seemed a bit strange

Right Back - Still a problem

Creativity - Ok I get the lets not concede at all costs and why but we don't see, to be able to get behind teams

Conclusion. We need to grind a 0 against, it won't be popular, but Saturday we need to get back to creating chances but also keeping it tight at the back. Faurlin needs a recall and Fer should start in the 10 role for me
Positives and Negatives on 23:46 - Oct 20 with 1900 viewsgeorgiosfs

Pretty much agree with this post.

One thing that does me head in is that CR looks to have no tactical nous and seems like he has an inability to make tactical changes to the team during a game and it is highlighted by his lack of substitutions or incorrect player substitutions..
Positives and Negatives on 23:55 - Oct 20 with 1856 viewsbosh67

You are far more positive than me tonight Baz.

Wednesday were there for the taking tonight. Green didn't have a shot to save and one punch away from a corner. They had no shots on goal all night.

Hill made a big difference to the back 4 but I, like most people, thought he should have got a straight red. Had the other Wednesday player not got straight back up then Sandro would have also got a straight red.

The moments we put together were more about instinct than a game plan, shape or anything.

I'll reserve judgement on JET's substitution incase it transpires he was injured. BUT... it was utterly brainless if he wasn't.

He played Fer, a forward running midfielder in the holding the ball up position up front and put Luongo, a deep line midfielder in at the number 10 position, which we now know he has never played. Rather than playing Chery in forward position, Fer behind him and possibly even Hoilett on the left. That I thought was brainless.

I didn't like a lot of the body language tonight from the players. They were willing but most of the time didn't know where they were meant to be or what shape to play. I have half a feeling that Chris is losing the dressing room. The one thing we did do was mark better at set pieces, that was it.

More importantly he is losing the fans. That was the quietest I can remember Loftus Road.

It was a soulless performance, with zero tactical skill and the crowd reaction was a feeling of hopelessness and disillusionment. Chris said the fans on his back wasn't helping. I understand that but we have now watch a dozen games and there is simply no evidence of team that plays with any shape or plan.

If anyone disagrees, please tell me what shape or style we play?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Positives and Negatives on 00:05 - Oct 21 with 1825 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I thought Wednesday were surprisingly poor. I expected much more from them and we did have a couple of good chances to win.
Poor first half. Defensively we looked better but I was baffled by the substitution and not having a striker on the bench
Luongo, Konch and Chery played ok I thought and JET was a handful.
Positives and Negatives on 01:32 - Oct 21 with 1677 viewslave16

Positives and Negatives on 00:05 - Oct 21 by CroydonCaptJack

I thought Wednesday were surprisingly poor. I expected much more from them and we did have a couple of good chances to win.
Poor first half. Defensively we looked better but I was baffled by the substitution and not having a striker on the bench
Luongo, Konch and Chery played ok I thought and JET was a handful.

I'm fairly positive we didn't bring on SWP

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Positives and Negatives on 08:19 - Oct 21 with 1420 viewsDesertBoot

I expected more from Wednesday as they're unbeaten in five but they were decidedly average. Despite that with better decision making and finishing they'd have scored at least once - not uncommon in this division.
We looked very disjointed, a team of individuals and there was nothing in that ninety minutes that suggested a well drilled and confident group of players. Very poor.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Positives and Negatives on 08:30 - Oct 21 with 1387 viewsDiscodroids

Positives,

Chris is still smiling and remaining 'Decent' at all times regardless .

he hasnt reached the stage of converting his house into a 174 bedroom crib, and storing his own piss in a kilner jar .

negatives

jamies mackies, bland , insipid ,high pitched nasal twang on radio london. The inspiration for Harry enfields 'lee and lance ' characters.

i missed' Nazi megastuctures' on national geographic last night. If poor chris stays in the job much longer perhaps he'll be building his own on his front lawn.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Positives and Negatives on 08:34 - Oct 21 with 1372 viewsN12Hoop

The only positive I took from last night was that it wasn't too cold. Other than that it was pretty dire and I still have no idea what style of play we have (a recurring theme since the days of the "pass it to Adel" tactic).
As for taking off your striker with 10 mins left, I'm trying to give Ramsey a chance but he doesn't help himself.
Good to see Clint again. Thought he made a difference.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024