Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) 12:33 - Dec 31 with 3810 viewsthame_hoops

Hi,

couldn't find the old thread, despite using the search.

i had a private parking ticket a few years back, took advice on here from others about not paying it (unenforceable invoice from a ltd company etc) after 9 months of letters, fake solicitor letters and fake bayliff letters, they gave up...great.

Have the rules recently changed, can you stll ignore private parking tickets?

I ask as my Dad got one for £60 for overstaying in a hospital, he appealed and they blatantly refused his appeal for an overstay of 45 minutes..private company, not council.

I just read about a guy actually being taken to court and losing, i thought they never took you to court?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3379976/Fury-parking-fine-appeals-body-d

should he pay up or refuse?

happy new year!

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 12:54 - Dec 31 with 3782 viewsA40Bosh

Others may well have a different opinion Thame, but I suspect that there is a big difference between a private company who own a pub car park and a private car park company who manage hospital car parks. Probably scale of the operation means they may have more resources to chase non payment and more likely to pursue.

If he has the money then I would recommend to pay up as it is often not work the stress and worry that can come from being pursued for double the amount and then threats of courts and fines and costs etc.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 12:55 - Dec 31 with 3776 viewsTacticalR

Some previous threads...

Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE!
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/131292

How far to push parking ticket appeal - advice/opinions please
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/78864

Air hostess clique

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 13:15 - Dec 31 with 3742 viewsLoomesy

Well I'm on my second one as we speak!😉
First one I kept ignoring after the wife parked it in budget supermarket car park, heard nothing after the 2nd and 3rd demand and it's been a long time since then now.
Just had my 'final demand' letter for the second saying it is going to be transferred to debt collection company but I have to say they have used the word 'may' take you to court and 'could' result in etc etc obviously no guarantees and guess you have to make judgement call but for me worth the the gamble!!
Good luck!!
Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 13:37 - Dec 31 with 3699 viewsLblock

The first thread above was mine -- I'm happy to say I was successful and didn't pay a penny, in fact it cost them money with POPLA

I got the bit between my teeth out of principle which is why I went all the way.
It's a long story that I wont go into but it's outlined on that thread.

Reflecting back I would say that if I priced up my time spent researching, writing, taking photos, contacting the management of the private car park I was in etc then it would've come to a fair penny. That was made clear in my counter invoice!!!

If it happened to me again it was my risk to park then I'd pay up if caught but if it was sharp practice and underhand tactics then I'd tough it out again.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 13:53 - Dec 31 with 3674 viewsthame_hoops

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 12:55 - Dec 31 by TacticalR

Some previous threads...

Parking Charge Notice? ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE!
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/131292

How far to push parking ticket appeal - advice/opinions please
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/78864

Thanks for this, I tried searching for these.

Thanks all, I've told him to pay it but he's stubborn and on principle is annoyed they didn't listen to his appeal
Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 14:29 - Dec 31 with 3629 viewsstansleftfoot

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 13:53 - Dec 31 by thame_hoops

Thanks all, I've told him to pay it but he's stubborn and on principle is annoyed they didn't listen to his appeal

Its not a fine, its a charge, Your Dad created a contract by parking wherever....unless he can prove the contract couldn't have been created....no visible sign...a charge must be reasonable.
I'd suggest he writes a registered letter enclosing a postal order in the sum of two hours car parking on the local street at Local Council Rates plus £5.00 admin.
Then point out that this is the local cost of car parking, any further correspondence will attract a £25.00 charge per letter.
A full and final offer.
Good Luck.
Its a civil matter! They don't want to go to Court.
Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 15:05 - Dec 31 with 3581 viewsTacticalR

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 13:53 - Dec 31 by thame_hoops

Use Google search instead of the LFW search.

You can use the Google keyword 'site' to confine the search to LFW e.g.

parking tickets site:fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parking+tickets+site%3Afansnetwork.co.uk%2Ffoo

Air hostess clique

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 15:19 - Dec 31 with 3563 viewsRangersDave

I got done myself in Aldi Barnsley of all places where I popped in for something that was out of stock, and didn't realize they had ANPR cameras registering your entrance and exit.

To be free, you had to be there less than 10 minutes or under an hour then you had to go in store and put your registration into a screen in store.

I complained vociferously to the chairman and his underlings ang was graciously (we are doing you a favor attitude) let off the 'fine'

I'll never go to an Aldi again if that's now turning into their game. And won't recommend them to anyone.

By the way, the 'fine' for 22mins was £45.00 doubled after 10 days.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 15:41 - Dec 31 with 3527 viewsDWQPR

Got a fine last season at Burnley parking in a car park that catered for a pub and a cinema. First five hours free then £1 after that. I bought a ticket unbeknown to me that the woman ahead of me for the ticket machine had put her car registration in and didn't collect the ticket. Hence the ticket I had displayed her registration. I got a letter in the post a week later requesting a payment of £65. I explained my situation and that I had paid in good faith and sent the ticket to them. As expected they' declined my explaination so I sent them a letter back telling them to either take me to court or go forth and multiply, adding that I would very much look forward to meeting them in court. Never heard another word.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 15:52 - Dec 31 with 3519 viewsisawqpratwcity

Private Parking Tickets (again...i know i know!) on 15:05 - Dec 31 by TacticalR

Use Google search instead of the LFW search.

You can use the Google keyword 'site' to confine the search to LFW e.g.

parking tickets site:fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=parking+tickets+site%3Afansnetwork.co.uk%2Ffoo

Always wondered how you found 'em. I've schlepped through dozens of pages sometimes looking for a particular thread.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024