Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years 18:21 - Dec 11 with 5575 viewsthemodfather

too many to55er managers have been given too much money, mostly wasted imo now we are in deep trouble again, he will need a serious injection of cash to buy the quality we need and keep sir les away from the deals, the current squad is not strong enough in all areas so time for a fresh think and fresh faces. over to TF and co.....
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 20:40 - Dec 12 with 1280 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

In the mannequin challenge.....

That board he's writing on does have another use. Just saying...
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 21:03 - Dec 12 with 1268 viewsLadbrokeR

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 12:57 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

Then actually why we changed the manager.Under JFH we were a solid mid-table team never in danger for relegation.Holloway bring us to the path down and to give him money to save hims own mess is mad.Before we bring JFH back where showed already is capable for mid-table.I would give Holloway the next 3 games to find the way.

3 games and what
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 21:45 - Dec 12 with 1247 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 21:03 - Dec 12 by LadbrokeR

3 games and what

That's the thing on this thread and others, as soon as you say to them, then what ? they have no answer and go missing.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 22:35 - Dec 12 with 1226 viewsLadbrokeR

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 21:45 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's the thing on this thread and others, as soon as you say to them, then what ? they have no answer and go missing.

For all of Holloways potential shortfalls he needs to be a given a decent chance. People seem to think that they can apply a big brother or I'm a celebrity mentality to football club management. For the record I was never a big fan but I had grown tired of Jimmy. I think Jimmy may even have got a bit more than zero points in our last three games but that is immaterial. He's here and this is what we have got.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 22:52 - Dec 12 with 1206 viewsswissqpr

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 16:22 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

I thought it was too soon to sack JFH, but that doesn't prejudice me against Holloway.

Holloway had no input into building this squad.

Things were a long way from perfect under JFH and a lot of those problems have dropped square into Olly's lap.

And even if Olly doesn't get on top of things and relegation looks probable, or even certain, I still don't want another manager this season. Give the bloke a decent chance, and if he fails, plan a replacement properly. This knee-jerk response stuff hasn't worked too well for us the last few seasons, imo.

I think the word plan doesn't exist with QPR.We had one with JFH and stability,exactly what we needed and it worked more or less but gave it up.With Holloway its only a mess til now and it looks like it will get bigger.I hope he finds a formula for the next games and if not stability with the wrong manager can be deadly or we are happy to go down.But i hope we will win against Derby and the world looks again rosy.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 1204 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 22:52 - Dec 12 by swissqpr

I think the word plan doesn't exist with QPR.We had one with JFH and stability,exactly what we needed and it worked more or less but gave it up.With Holloway its only a mess til now and it looks like it will get bigger.I hope he finds a formula for the next games and if not stability with the wrong manager can be deadly or we are happy to go down.But i hope we will win against Derby and the world looks again rosy.

Bullshite

What you going to do if we lose the the next 3 games.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:08 - Dec 12 with 1197 viewsisawqpratwcity

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 22:56 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bullshite

What you going to do if we lose the the next 3 games.

He might find the subject difficult.

If Olly were a dog, swiss would probably tell you "He's gone to a farm..."

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:14 - Dec 12 with 1189 viewsDannytheR

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 13:14 - Dec 12 by Burnleyhoop

We are showing all the signs of typical relegation fodder. It's not formations and a lack of ability that is the issue. We are spineless with a soft underbelly that opens up as soon as we concede.

The teams that invariably go down, are the ones that throw the towel in because they haven't got the stomach for a fight. And right now, that looks like us. Where's Clint Hill when you need him?

I man love Clint Hill as much as the next man, but you do remember we got relegated twice with him in the side?
Login to get fewer ads

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:21 - Dec 12 with 1183 viewsisawqpratwcity

"I think the word plan doesn't exist with QPR."

Now that's just not true. As a necessary reaction to the profligate spending of our Premier seasons, we have a strict regime of Not Spending Money. That means:

> trying hard to get rid of our high wage earners;
> squad improvement via the bargain bin of lower leagues (short and mid term) and the youth setup and scouting (long term);
> realistic wages (that rise or fall with our status) and contract terms;
> hard-nosed approach to club favourites deemed surplus to requirements (very unpopular);
> saying no, frequently, to manager's requests.

The aim is two-fold: to prevent us being punished under FFP and to stop the owners saying "I'm not shovelling money into this club anymore, goodbye!"

This plan has been like the diet from Hell, but it is working, sort of. It makes the manager's and the DoF's jobs difficult, but the wheels haven't fallen off yet...

That's why our managers require time, because one of the hardest bits of their job is 'deal with what you're given'.

(Edit: accidentally first posted half-way finished)
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 23:39]

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:22 - Dec 12 with 1173 viewsLadbrokeR

Ring the number and vote for eviction.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:31 - Dec 12 with 1165 viewsBrightonhoop

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:08 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

He might find the subject difficult.

If Olly were a dog, swiss would probably tell you "He's gone to a farm..."

If Ollies a dog he's welcome on my farm 8 days a week.
hope olly gets money for xmas and new years (n/t) on 23:35 - Dec 12 with 1157 viewsisawqpratwcity

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:31 - Dec 12 by Brightonhoop

If Ollies a dog he's welcome on my farm 8 days a week.

He's got a Ruff job...
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 23:36]

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 08:04 - Dec 13 with 1095 views2Thomas2Bowles

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 23:22 - Dec 12 by LadbrokeR

Ring the number and vote for eviction.

hope olly gets money for xmas and new years on 10:13 - Dec 13 with 1054 viewsSomersetHoops

I want Olly to succeed and I'm hoping what he has learnt about the players during his few games will make him realise what doesn't work, so he can get going with something that does. The problem is he probably wants to play the way we did when he was playing, but doesn't think we have the Sintons, Brevitts, Maccas, Willo's et al to do it and he hasn't got the time to mould what we have into that kind of set-up. We want QPR to be playing like they did in those days and that involved wingers and/or wing-backs. I'm not sure if he should be looking at players that we have to try to get them to play what used to be the QPR way. It might take time to do that and recent results will limit what time he has. I wish we could inject some of Macca's DNA into one of our central defenders, as a bollocking from Macca seemed to get his defensive partners to shape up. TBH that is what we are missing, that strong leader in the centre of the pitch and if Olly could find a player with some of that fire and commitment in January I would hope it could start the changes that are clearly required. I know what has happened for months even years now has been awful, but its going to take time to change it and I would prefer that a real QPR man like Olly is given enough time to do it. Having said that he needs to be honest with the players and fans to accept that what is happening is not good enough and have a real plan to get to what is.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024