Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfer window changes 02:05 - Dec 12 with 2889 viewssuperhoopdownunder

First up I would get Gerry Francis back asap to help Ian Holloway out especially with the defence and team structure

Also given the opportunity I would get rid of the following players in the upcoming transfer window:-
Sandro
Nedum Onuoha
James Perch
Karl Henry
El Khayati
and see what offers they may be for Chery and Caulker and move them on as well

Ideally we would buy a quality right back, get some leaders into our squad, maybe a central midfielder and someone that scores plenty of goals.

Team that could look like this:-

Smithies
Kakay/new Right Back
Lynch
Hall
Robinson

Wszolek
Luongo
Borysiuk/A new midfielder
Shodipo

Sylla
Washington/JET/A new goalscorer

Subs
Ingram
Bidwell
Mackie
Ngbakoto
Cousins
Doughty (get him back from Swindon)
Polter/JET (get him back from Gillingham)

I am interested in what you all think we should do/change in the upcoming transfer window

U R's

[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 2:16]
January transfer window changes on 02:10 - Dec 12 with 2054 viewsWilloW4

'Get rid of Nedum Onuoha'.... Well said sir.!!
January transfer window changes on 06:07 - Dec 12 with 2010 viewsRs_Holy

Gerry Francis or Jacket in is a great shout.

I think we need 2 - 3 experienced players who can put in a proper shift (for 90+ minutes)... Not sure who off the top of my head??? A few in the in the Shaun Derry mould.

Mackie has to play (if he ever gets fit again)... Shadipo has to play more, and the Polish lads.

I would like to see us try and sign Peter Crouch on a 6 month loan,,, Send out an SOS, ask him to play for a fraction of his wages to help us out (he's nearly 36 and doesn't need the money).
January transfer window changes on 07:57 - Dec 12 with 1930 viewscorse

Out: sandro, henry, khayati. Wont get a single penny for them though. Nobody wants caulker either cause he is injured. Wouldnt be a bad idea to put holloway on the list too. Oh how i wish him to succeed but really cannot see that happening.
In: dont have a slightest idea at the moment who could help/sort out this mess. Player or a manager.
January transfer window changes on 08:03 - Dec 12 with 1919 viewssuperhoopdownunder

We have signed so many League One players since Les started managing our recruitment it is no surprise we are heading there.
January transfer window changes on 08:15 - Dec 12 with 1893 views2Thomas2Bowles

January transfer window changes on 08:03 - Dec 12 by superhoopdownunder

We have signed so many League One players since Les started managing our recruitment it is no surprise we are heading there.

Yay finally someone hits the nail on the head.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

January transfer window changes on 08:20 - Dec 12 with 1879 viewsisawqpratwcity

January transfer window changes on 08:15 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yay finally someone hits the nail on the head.

And buying a whole load of Premier players helped us stay there?

Things just aren't that simple.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

January transfer window changes on 08:28 - Dec 12 with 1869 views2Thomas2Bowles

January transfer window changes on 08:20 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

And buying a whole load of Premier players helped us stay there?

Calling them Premier players can only be in name only for most of them, and signed by prem managers to boot haha

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

January transfer window changes on 08:39 - Dec 12 with 1845 viewsisawqpratwcity

January transfer window changes on 08:28 - Dec 12 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Calling them Premier players can only be in name only for most of them, and signed by prem managers to boot haha

Yeah, calling them Premier players isn't strictly accurate, should I add Champions League and internationally capped, too?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

January transfer window changes on 09:59 - Dec 12 with 1745 views1MoreBrightonR

i do love our fans.

So we don't have any money, and we have previously signed tonnes of 'big name' players and hardly any of them performed for us...so what exactly do you think we should be doing then!?
January transfer window changes on 10:02 - Dec 12 with 1734 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I said what I thought we should do in the opening post

Yes I agree we have less money these days - all the changes I proposed won't cost much if any money (depending on who we offload)
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 10:29]
January transfer window changes on 10:31 - Dec 12 with 1691 viewsCamberleyR

"I am interested in what you all think we should do/change in the upcoming transfer window"

It's all very well saying get rid of him, him, him and him but there needs to be clubs willing to buy these players. Can you honestly see any club being daft enough to part with cold hard cash for Sandro, Henry and Perch?

How about for once as a novel idea, rather than turning over yet more players (because that's really worked the last five years) we actually work and coach the players we have? I refuse to believe that with the players we have, properly coached and drilled so that everybody knows their role and played in their correct positions, that while they won't be play-off challengers, they are more than capable of top 10/mid table, which most I think would happily accept at this current time. When a team as ordinary as the fake hoops are sitting third having scored 27 and conceded 25 from 20 games, it tells you what a mediocre (though gruelling) division it is.

Ah yes, the old "someone that scores plenty of goals" platitude. Aren't the other 23 teams in this division (bar possibly Newcastle) all looking for the same thing? Fancy naming some names that are realistic seeing as the likes of Gayle were £10m at the start of the season and journeymen like Daryl Murphy went for £3m?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

January transfer window changes on 10:34 - Dec 12 with 1684 viewsDannytheR

Could we not just get a proper first team coach?
January transfer window changes on 11:03 - Dec 12 with 1644 views1MoreBrightonR

January transfer window changes on 10:02 - Dec 12 by superhoopdownunder

I said what I thought we should do in the opening post

Yes I agree we have less money these days - all the changes I proposed won't cost much if any money (depending on who we offload)
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 10:29]

i've not seen many cheap players knocking around that dont come from the league below...
January transfer window changes on 11:10 - Dec 12 with 1624 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooooo we need to get rid of loads of players, the manager, the coach and the DOF and everything will be OK?

Brilliant!
January transfer window changes on 11:34 - Dec 12 with 1591 viewsdaveB

We've signed 4 players from league one under Ferdinand in Luongo, Gladwin, Washington and Nasser. 1 of them has done very well, the others have had good and bad moments but look as raw as you'd expect. I think it's a bit much to say we've signed so many players from that league.

You can be sure that if we go back to the transfer policy of signing players we saw on Match of the day once then we'll be quickly be moaning again that we don't look for rough diamonds in the lower leagues
January transfer window changes on 11:41 - Dec 12 with 1566 viewsJuzzie

Problem is, in order to get rid of players you have to find a buyer. If the players are not good enough for QPR then quite frankly there's not going to be many other clubs they are good for and if they're on stupid salaries no one can match it and the player isn't going to want to take a drop in pay. Easier to sit out the contract.

Quite frankly we're stuck with most, if not all, of them until their contracts expire.

As far as getting players in, very easy to say "we need a goalie, a box-to-box midfielder and a striker" without actually naming any possible players. They don't grow on trees and any that are good enough will more than likely already be at a club and will only come to us if we double their salary which we're not going to do, anymore.

I think we're pretty much stuck with who we have and any acquisitions that might come in January will be equal to or less than what we are as a club as it is.
January transfer window changes on 11:53 - Dec 12 with 1530 viewsWadR

- Recall Doughty
- Loan an attacking right back from a prem side - Trent Alexander Arnold, Kyle Walker-Peters or someone.
- Leave Sandro out with the recycling on Wednesday night and hope by morning he's gone.
January transfer window changes on 14:01 - Dec 12 with 1427 viewsHooped_Pullie

I agree we need to recall the loan players, most of whom have been doing very well...and hope they don't get infected by the failure bug currently going around the 'first' team squad.

Liverpool could badly do with Smithies and we could do with the wedge : we've got Ingram, and there's no end of good Championship keepers we could sign for a few quid. Sad to see him go, might be for the best though.

Talking of transfers, looks like Preston have pulled off a coup of sorts with the two Dundalk lads, excellent centre-back and tricky winger. Where was Les when this was going down ?
January transfer window changes on 14:26 - Dec 12 with 1387 viewsqpr1976

January transfer window changes on 14:01 - Dec 12 by Hooped_Pullie

I agree we need to recall the loan players, most of whom have been doing very well...and hope they don't get infected by the failure bug currently going around the 'first' team squad.

Liverpool could badly do with Smithies and we could do with the wedge : we've got Ingram, and there's no end of good Championship keepers we could sign for a few quid. Sad to see him go, might be for the best though.

Talking of transfers, looks like Preston have pulled off a coup of sorts with the two Dundalk lads, excellent centre-back and tricky winger. Where was Les when this was going down ?

Probably looking for a RB, a CM leader & a Goalscorer, which most agree we need more than a CB or another Winger......
how Ryan Manning doing these days ? Wasn't he supposed to be the next best thing from RoI ? Do Present want him too ?
January transfer window changes on 15:53 - Dec 12 with 1325 views1MoreBrightonR

Are we going to question Les every time a team signs a player that someone vaguely rates? Not sure he can ever win that one. Maybe he was doing his job elsewhere...or focusing on payers we need...or looking at players that Holloway wants instead of those a fan on a messageboard wants.
January transfer window changes on 15:54 - Dec 12 with 1323 viewsBerkoRanger

January transfer window changes on 11:41 - Dec 12 by Juzzie

Problem is, in order to get rid of players you have to find a buyer. If the players are not good enough for QPR then quite frankly there's not going to be many other clubs they are good for and if they're on stupid salaries no one can match it and the player isn't going to want to take a drop in pay. Easier to sit out the contract.

Quite frankly we're stuck with most, if not all, of them until their contracts expire.

As far as getting players in, very easy to say "we need a goalie, a box-to-box midfielder and a striker" without actually naming any possible players. They don't grow on trees and any that are good enough will more than likely already be at a club and will only come to us if we double their salary which we're not going to do, anymore.

I think we're pretty much stuck with who we have and any acquisitions that might come in January will be equal to or less than what we are as a club as it is.

A very realistic post, Juzzie.
January transfer window changes on 16:34 - Dec 12 with 1272 viewsterryb

January transfer window changes on 06:07 - Dec 12 by Rs_Holy

Gerry Francis or Jacket in is a great shout.

I think we need 2 - 3 experienced players who can put in a proper shift (for 90+ minutes)... Not sure who off the top of my head??? A few in the in the Shaun Derry mould.

Mackie has to play (if he ever gets fit again)... Shadipo has to play more, and the Polish lads.

I would like to see us try and sign Peter Crouch on a 6 month loan,,, Send out an SOS, ask him to play for a fraction of his wages to help us out (he's nearly 36 and doesn't need the money).

1) The chances of Gerry Francis leaving his part time role at West Brom must be close to zero.

2) Please will somebody explain to me this fascination with Kenny Jacket? Yes, we did quite well with him as coach under Holloway over a decade ago. What has he done since that would make him a "good" signing? Yes he was at Wolves when they were promoted. As he was when they were relegated from the Championship. A man of good character? I doubt that Rotherham think so!

3) Mackie has to play? Ye Gods! The man was way past his best when he signed for Forest & was finished before we resigned him.

Please, please, please, can we stop this wanting to employ everybody that did reasonably well for us in the past! We now have Forever R's to support them rather than registering as a charity to hand over cash in the disguise as an employee!

How about a quiet window with the club concentrating on how the players perform on the pitch?
January transfer window changes on 16:50 - Dec 12 with 1239 viewsdaveB

If Les had signed these two he'd be moaned at for signing part time players rather than Championship standard
January transfer window changes on 16:51 - Dec 12 with 1239 viewskensalriser

January transfer window changes on 10:34 - Dec 12 by DannytheR

Could we not just get a proper first team coach?

Nail on head!

Said this before. Has to be #1 priority. Bircham is not qualified for the job. Maybe he will be one day, but not now.

We have been largely shite since McLaren left and that's probably the last time we had a decent coach.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

January transfer window changes on 17:11 - Dec 12 with 1202 viewsCFW

January transfer window changes on 16:34 - Dec 12 by terryb

1) The chances of Gerry Francis leaving his part time role at West Brom must be close to zero.

2) Please will somebody explain to me this fascination with Kenny Jacket? Yes, we did quite well with him as coach under Holloway over a decade ago. What has he done since that would make him a "good" signing? Yes he was at Wolves when they were promoted. As he was when they were relegated from the Championship. A man of good character? I doubt that Rotherham think so!

3) Mackie has to play? Ye Gods! The man was way past his best when he signed for Forest & was finished before we resigned him.

Please, please, please, can we stop this wanting to employ everybody that did reasonably well for us in the past! We now have Forever R's to support them rather than registering as a charity to hand over cash in the disguise as an employee!

How about a quiet window with the club concentrating on how the players perform on the pitch?

Excellent post - exactly what I have been saying on other threads.

1 Gerry Francis - one of the best midfield players I have ever watched at Loftus Road - no way is he ever returning.

2 Kenny Jackett - exactly my thoughts - past his best - move on.

3 Mackie - I doubt if he will ever play again - great bloke and a real trier but past his best move on.

Why is it decent players who we sign do not improve under our guidance? Yet lets call back the loan players who are playing for Swindon - who cannot win a game at a lower level and Gillingham who are below half way at a lower level.

Rather than spunking money on more players why not pay for a decent coach who can work with the manager and other coaches at the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024