Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Totti Day 04:22 - May 29 with 2258 viewsFredManRave

Unfortunately this is not a Monday version of the previosuly successful yet ultimately banished Sexy Friday but just a thread to recognise the amazing career ot Francesco Totti. The below link says it all. A 25 year one club career at the highest level although he only won the league once (once more than Gerard!).

307 goals in 786 games is a simple summary of a truly amazing career.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40036023

Francesco Totti was in tears after a presentation to mark the final appearance of his 25-year Roma career. The 40-year-old forward, who has scored 307 goals in 786 games for his only club, came on in the 54th minute in the win over Genoa to a standing ovation. Roma won the game 3-2, with Diego Perotti's last-minute winner securing a Champions League group stage spot. After the game, Totti read a letter to the fans, including: "I'm afraid. I can't see what the future looks like." He also said: "Imagine you're a child having a good dream… and your mother wakes you up to go to school. "You want to keep dreaming… you try to slip back into the dream but you never can. "This time, it's not a dream, but reality. And I can no longer slip back in." Captain Totti was also presented with a framed number 10, his famous shirt number, and had his wife and children on the pitch with him. He is expected to become a Roma director but a statement during the week has led to reports he could play on elsewhere.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Totti Day on 07:48 - May 29 with 2224 viewsexiled_dictator

i saw a bit of that
what a great guy and a great servant to roma
had numerous chances in his career to move to bigger clubs, and probably win more gold, but chose to stay at his boyhood club. not many one team players any more, all in to for the money nowadays.
very emotional crowd, grown men and women crying, and everyone joining in the songs. many a tear was shed in rome, and it will take them some time to get over him. hope he gets a job with them, and he continues to have success.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Totti Day on 11:12 - May 29 with 2165 viewsDorse

Totti Day on 07:48 - May 29 by exiled_dictator

i saw a bit of that
what a great guy and a great servant to roma
had numerous chances in his career to move to bigger clubs, and probably win more gold, but chose to stay at his boyhood club. not many one team players any more, all in to for the money nowadays.
very emotional crowd, grown men and women crying, and everyone joining in the songs. many a tear was shed in rome, and it will take them some time to get over him. hope he gets a job with them, and he continues to have success.

Fcuking disgrace. He didn't even arrange his own guard of honour.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Totti Day on 11:39 - May 29 with 2131 viewsMrSheen

Totti Day on 15:31 - May 29 with 2018 viewsFredManRave

Totti Day on 11:39 - May 29 by MrSheen

Maybe he thought he was Robbie Savage?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Totti Day on 21:35 - May 29 with 1939 viewsBoston

Totti Day on 15:31 - May 29 by FredManRave

Maybe he thought he was Robbie Savage?!

Italian banter,

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024