Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 19:48 - Nov 15 with 44811 viewsBlackCrowe

If we survive the 1st test, i think we might just sneak it. If we lose it, it'll probably be carnage.

Going to days 1-3 of Sydney. Anyone else there?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ashes Thread on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 2832 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Thread on 13:07 - Nov 25 by dubaistu

I'll be there for the full 5 days

Where?
Ashes Thread on 17:58 - Nov 25 with 2768 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ashes Thread on 09:40 - Nov 25 by Hunterhoop

Bugger.

115 for the final 3 wickets is such a game changer. Gave the Aussies a right lift and gave them an hour to run in all guns blazing.

Finishing the day 7-2 is not good. It's about as bad as it could realistically have been after yesterday. Twice in two days Eng have had great opportunities to hammer home the advantage, and twice they'be let Aus get on top.

Root, Stoneman, Malan and Bairstow are going to have to bat exceptionally well tomorrow. We need a lead of 250.

Yep. All not lost though. Australia have got into the driving seat almost solely because of Smith's innings. We need one comparable innings from someone to flip it back again. It's tough but not impossible.

If we can hold out then I think overall this has been more promising for England than Australia. Aus look too reliant on Smith, and to some extent Cummings in the bowling department. The Gabba is supposed to be a banker for Australia but until lunch on the 3rd day they were generally playing catch-up; which will make it all the more of a pisser of they go on to win it
Ashes Thread on 19:47 - Nov 25 with 2723 viewsjonno

Unfortunately I can see us being bowled - or bounced - out for fewer than 150 in the second innings.
Ashes Thread on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 2717 viewsdaveB

Ashes Thread on 09:40 - Nov 25 by Hunterhoop

Bugger.

115 for the final 3 wickets is such a game changer. Gave the Aussies a right lift and gave them an hour to run in all guns blazing.

Finishing the day 7-2 is not good. It's about as bad as it could realistically have been after yesterday. Twice in two days Eng have had great opportunities to hammer home the advantage, and twice they'be let Aus get on top.

Root, Stoneman, Malan and Bairstow are going to have to bat exceptionally well tomorrow. We need a lead of 250.

was very similar in last away Ashes series, we had several chances to win games and ended up losing all of them
Ashes Thread on 22:39 - Nov 25 with 2656 viewsRangersw12

Root needs to step up tonight . He we will only be considered a great batsman if he gets tough runs and wins more games for England

Sooner Stokes gets the ridiculous charges dropped so he can get out there the better
Ashes Thread on 22:44 - Nov 25 with 2655 viewsCiderwithRsie

Ashes Thread on 22:39 - Nov 25 by Rangersw12

Root needs to step up tonight . He we will only be considered a great batsman if he gets tough runs and wins more games for England

Sooner Stokes gets the ridiculous charges dropped so he can get out there the better

I don't know why the Stokes business is taking so long. Witnesses came froward stating that the was basically defending them from attack several weeks ago. AFAICT a couple of pissed-up bullies had a go at a couple of passing gay blokes, Stokes and Hales intervened, when the bullies wouldn't back down Stokes put one of them on the deck.

Quite right too. Give him a commendation and send him out to Oz. And then let's see Nathan Lyons making a dick of himself in front of the batsman.
Ashes Thread on 00:17 - Nov 26 with 2634 viewsdaveB

Big day this for England, if they can bat all day then we should have a very good lead but not overly confident England are capable of that
Ashes Thread on 00:25 - Nov 26 with 2625 viewseastside_r

Ashes Thread on 22:44 - Nov 25 by CiderwithRsie

I don't know why the Stokes business is taking so long. Witnesses came froward stating that the was basically defending them from attack several weeks ago. AFAICT a couple of pissed-up bullies had a go at a couple of passing gay blokes, Stokes and Hales intervened, when the bullies wouldn't back down Stokes put one of them on the deck.

Quite right too. Give him a commendation and send him out to Oz. And then let's see Nathan Lyons making a dick of himself in front of the batsman.

Couldn't agree more. Innocent until proven guilty.

He seems to have been found guilty of having a party lifestyle. Ian Botham anyone?
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 02:03 - Nov 26 with 2600 viewsQPR_Nippon

Ashes Thread on 00:17 - Nov 26 by daveB

Big day this for England, if they can bat all day then we should have a very good lead but not overly confident England are capable of that

Root gone Australia totally on top now.
Ashes Thread on 02:43 - Nov 26 with 2577 viewsHunterhoop

Cider, mate, I've heard what's happened and that's not it at all.

Friends in the media, even seen some photos.

The gay thing is complete PR guff.

Stokes was defending Hales, who, shall we say, was caught on camera. That was it. He was being overly loyal to the wrong person, and he committed ABH. He's got little defence.

Anyway, from what I've seen Hales is a wrong un....allegedly (although I have the photos and it's a subjective assessment). But yeah, in my view, a dick. He went and played golf and turned his phone off the next at too, even knowing what happened to Stokes.
Ashes Thread on 03:24 - Nov 26 with 2569 viewsjonno

Moin out stumped - game over.
Ashes Thread on 03:25 - Nov 26 with 2569 viewseastside_r

Ashes Thread on 02:43 - Nov 26 by Hunterhoop

Cider, mate, I've heard what's happened and that's not it at all.

Friends in the media, even seen some photos.

The gay thing is complete PR guff.

Stokes was defending Hales, who, shall we say, was caught on camera. That was it. He was being overly loyal to the wrong person, and he committed ABH. He's got little defence.

Anyway, from what I've seen Hales is a wrong un....allegedly (although I have the photos and it's a subjective assessment). But yeah, in my view, a dick. He went and played golf and turned his phone off the next at too, even knowing what happened to Stokes.

Can't believe the beard was given out for that.
Ashes Thread on 03:53 - Nov 26 with 2564 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 03:25 - Nov 26 by eastside_r

Can't believe the beard was given out for that.

I think the Aussie accent of the "third umpire" who made the decision tells you why!
Ashes Thread on 04:34 - Nov 26 with 2551 viewsSydneyRs

Ashes Thread on 03:53 - Nov 26 by jonno

I think the Aussie accent of the "third umpire" who made the decision tells you why!

Absolutely disgraceful hometown decision. 3rd umpire was desperate for a reason to give it out, couldn't find one and then gave it anyway. Critical as Moeen would put quick runs on the board if he stayed around.
Ashes Thread on 06:04 - Nov 26 with 2541 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 04:34 - Nov 26 by SydneyRs

Absolutely disgraceful hometown decision. 3rd umpire was desperate for a reason to give it out, couldn't find one and then gave it anyway. Critical as Moeen would put quick runs on the board if he stayed around.

Kiwi decision. Not behind the line is out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11948138

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ashes Thread on 06:23 - Nov 26 with 2531 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yeah, right...

Ashes Thread on 06:59 - Nov 26 with 2513 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 06:04 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

Kiwi decision. Not behind the line is out.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11948138

Couple of things. Not shown on that video is the view from the other side, where his foot does appear to be very slightly behind the line. The benefit of any doubt must be given to the batsman, and there was certainly an element of doubt. Plus the line had erroneously been made wider previously by the groundstaff, wider than it should have been (you can see the proper width of the line on the video where it had not been widened) and this had the effect of pushing the line further back than it should be as stipulated in the laws of the game. This should have been taken into account by the umpire, because it meant that Moin's foot was actually not out of the stipulated ground.
Ashes Thread on 07:39 - Nov 26 with 2482 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 06:59 - Nov 26 by jonno

Couple of things. Not shown on that video is the view from the other side, where his foot does appear to be very slightly behind the line. The benefit of any doubt must be given to the batsman, and there was certainly an element of doubt. Plus the line had erroneously been made wider previously by the groundstaff, wider than it should have been (you can see the proper width of the line on the video where it had not been widened) and this had the effect of pushing the line further back than it should be as stipulated in the laws of the game. This should have been taken into account by the umpire, because it meant that Moin's foot was actually not out of the stipulated ground.

That is clearly out. In that video at 0:41 you can see the white line behind his shoe. Dream on.

Ashes Thread on 08:07 - Nov 26 with 2458 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 07:39 - Nov 26 by isawqpratwcity

That is clearly out. In that video at 0:41 you can see the white line behind his shoe. Dream on.

At 0:41 the bails have not yet been removed. His foot moves slightly back just as the bails get removed.
Ashes Thread on 09:10 - Nov 26 with 2418 viewsrbsranger

this feels like it is going the way of previous Ashes series down under. We knew both batting lineups were suspect but they have the bowlers to put the foot on the throat in tight situations and we don't. We lost this game when we couldn't get the 8th wicket in the first innings and a possible significant lead became enough of a deficit to get their bowlers excited.
From here i really fear that the wheels will come off completely and we could be looking at another 5-0
Ashes Thread on 09:22 - Nov 26 with 2407 viewsRangersw12

A typical Root performance gets to 50 and doesn't kick on . Ali dismissal looked out to me but very dodgy about the paint being thicker !

Going forward we have to be more assertive to Lyon, as soon as he is put under pressure he crumbles and with the Aussies bowlers having suspect injury records we need to get them back for more spells

We've thrown away this test but the next test is a day nighter which should suit our seamers.

Bit surprised about the Aussie crowd as the stadium looked a third full which was surprising seeing as the Aussies usually turn up when there team is on top
Ashes Thread on 09:58 - Nov 26 with 2377 viewsted_hendrix

England head towards a not unexpected defeat, nothing to see hear then.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 10:25 - Nov 26 with 2354 viewsElHoop

I think that Broad and Anderson bowled well at the start of their first innings but then seemingly Anderson got injured as did Moeen. Root clearly has a bad back. We didn't want to spend so long in the field and we probably paid the price in all sorts of ways. We needed to bat for longer to give their bowlers a chance to also get injured. We also needed another bowler to step up and a couple more batsmen to do so, but they didn't really do it.

We're probably going to be depleted now so whoever comes in will have to learn pretty fast.
Ashes Thread on 11:34 - Nov 26 with 2309 viewsjonno

Ashes Thread on 09:22 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

A typical Root performance gets to 50 and doesn't kick on . Ali dismissal looked out to me but very dodgy about the paint being thicker !

Going forward we have to be more assertive to Lyon, as soon as he is put under pressure he crumbles and with the Aussies bowlers having suspect injury records we need to get them back for more spells

We've thrown away this test but the next test is a day nighter which should suit our seamers.

Bit surprised about the Aussie crowd as the stadium looked a third full which was surprising seeing as the Aussies usually turn up when there team is on top

Spot on about the Aussie spinner, as I said on here the other day. Event Ricky Ponting is saying the same thing on commentary. Need to attack him and knock his confidence, don't let him settle into a rhythm. No point in just blocking ball after ball, eventually you will get out. I often get the impression many of our batters don't know how to play spinners. Also, when their pace bowlers start with the inevitable bouncers just leave them alone because eventually they will get tired out and realise that tactic doesn't work. They only have four bowlers so can't afford for that to happen. There is very little lateral movement and I don't think their pace bowlers are all that accurate when trying to bowl a good line and length. Their only real weapon is the short pitched delivery which we need to negate.
Ashes Thread on 01:07 - Nov 27 with 2166 viewsisawqpratwcity

Ashes Thread on 08:07 - Nov 26 by jonno

At 0:41 the bails have not yet been removed. His foot moves slightly back just as the bails get removed.

I can't get that NZ Herald vid to work now. Have a look at this one instead, 1:04.

Nb, I was able to watch this on YouTube from Oz without using a VPN, but previewing it from LFW with Hola set to UK I couldn't view it. You might need a VPN set to Oz to view it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024