Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kilimanjaro 14:39 - Nov 28 with 3285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Help needed. Anyone done it?

I've agreed to do it next Summer with Peter, a clubmate of mine. Last year our GAA club lost a young lad to suicide. He was Peter's nephew and I was one of his mentors. So Peter's doing Kilimanjaro to raise money for suicide prevention and to raise suicide awareness in our club and area. And I'm tagging along. I think it's important to do something positive. We can't just be doom and gloom.

All I know so far:-

1) This will not be 'charity tourism'. We're paying our own way 100%, and 100% of what we raise will go to charity - no admin, no fees, no charges.

2) Kilimanjaro's in Africa

Anyone got any advice on:-

1) Fitness - I go to the gym four times a week and play 5-a-side once a week, probably need to do more cardio and endurance, though.

2) Mountain-climbing - what's good prep?

3) Fundraising - what's the best way to raise? Justgiving?

Any help would be gratefully received, no matter how obscure!

Thanks in advance.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kilimanjaro on 23:41 - Nov 29 with 548 viewsted_hendrix

Brian, forgot to add that a few weeks before climbing Kilimanjaro Dave went down bad with bloody malaria whilst in Mozambique so nothing to worry about

Mr Sheen the Mother in law done Croagh Patrick barefoot and at night , Iv'e climbed it twice with the Missus, the first time I thought there would be a cafe at the top where I could get a bacon roll and a mug of tea, there ain't there's only a bloody chapel that you have to walk round 15 times!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Mary etcetera,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[Post edited 29 Nov 2017 23:42]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024