Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan 21:51 - Feb 19 with 5438 viewsLowerloftLad

Just kept going was a great fa cup tie and have only gone and done city 1-0 again in the fa cup
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:53]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Wigan on 10:31 - Feb 22 with 655 viewsMrSheen

Seeing them at Warrington tomorrow. Up the Wire!
Wigan on 16:47 - Feb 22 with 587 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan on 00:47 - Feb 22 by elnombre

Actually, even Wigan 'rested' six for the Bournemouth 3rd round replay.

While they have been a little more serious since (in a cup run largely based on opposition teams having players dismissed) it would be fair to note how badly their League form has declined since mid-Jan - down to 3rd, lost to Blackpool at home before City, key player (Powell) injured, etc etc.

Sadly, 'concentrating on the League' might not be such a bad strategy.

Plus of course Rochdale are rock bottom of League 1 - they have games in hand, but the other night the question being asked again and again was 'Why don't you play like this in the league?'!
Wigan on 17:31 - Feb 22 with 570 viewselnombre

Wigan on 08:30 - Feb 22 by ElHoop

What do you think will last for longer in the eyes of those glancing at the record books or visiting the Wigan trophy room - The FA Cup win or the Premier League relegation?

Which footballing regimes of the early 21st century will be viewed as primitive spearchuckers one hundred years from now?

Absolutely - better to live one day as a lion and all that - the whole town is buzzing - there are Bacofoil FA cups in the windows, including ours (I have a season ticket for the DW as well as LR - I know, I know).

The problem is that, as we remember, League One is horrible - rotten for fans, the football, finances. everything. I couldn't blame a manager or chairman for swapping one lion-day for 100 years as a sheep in a higher division.

Wasn't Lincoln's form after the 5th Round last year something like three draws and a loss in six?
Wigan on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 541 viewsisawqpratwcity

Wigan on 16:47 - Feb 22 by PinnerPaul

Plus of course Rochdale are rock bottom of League 1 - they have games in hand, but the other night the question being asked again and again was 'Why don't you play like this in the league?'!

They've got four games in hand, but they'd have to get 10 points out of the 12 to get them out of the relegation places. That's a big ask for a team that has got 26 points from 29 games.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024