Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Erm..... 17:01 - Feb 24 with 2691 viewskropotkin41

Erm, weather's nice for the time of year....... got any plans for tonight?....... how's the rugby going? Any good films coming out? The new Star Trek Discovery on Netflix is pretty good....

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Erm..... on 17:07 - Feb 24 with 2662 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Weather's alright.
Heading out later.
No idea about the posh-eggball.
Might watch that Star Trek film - I have never (honestly) watched a Star Trek film.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Erm..... on 17:10 - Feb 24 with 2640 viewskropotkin41

Erm..... on 17:07 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Weather's alright.
Heading out later.
No idea about the posh-eggball.
Might watch that Star Trek film - I have never (honestly) watched a Star Trek film.

Couldn't agree more about the egg chasing , Brian! What a waste of f*cking time and space.

Enjoy your evening out..... I'll be sitting here just over the water from you, under my blanket feeling crap, more or less like I am now.

Erm..... on 17:12 - Feb 24 with 2628 viewsjoolsyp

Close to a foot of snow here in Vancouver this morning. Going to walk the dog up the local mini-mountain.
Erm..... on 17:15 - Feb 24 with 2614 viewsBrightonhoop

Freezing here.
2nd night of Alien on Film 4,but I think I'm just going to go out and get $hit faced instead lol Sunday lunch still to come manana. Reminds me, gotta get that chicken outta the freezer. Might throw caution to the wind and do a bread sauce too. Red cabbage; check. Brussells; check. Turnips? Or swede? Or both? Maybe some mash as well as roasties. And a pan top gravy. Is it wrong to have a yorkshire with chicken? Think I'll do a home made cranberry too, cant get ocean spray here.
Anything to keep my mind off that result!
Erm..... on 17:20 - Feb 24 with 2591 viewskropotkin41

Erm..... on 17:12 - Feb 24 by joolsyp

Close to a foot of snow here in Vancouver this morning. Going to walk the dog up the local mini-mountain.

A City I would very much like to visit....... I visited Canada as a young man, stayed with cousins in Winnipeg. Loved it, but Manitoba is not the most erm....... fascinating place.

Erm..... on 17:22 - Feb 24 with 2577 viewskropotkin41

Erm..... on 17:15 - Feb 24 by Brightonhoop

Freezing here.
2nd night of Alien on Film 4,but I think I'm just going to go out and get $hit faced instead lol Sunday lunch still to come manana. Reminds me, gotta get that chicken outta the freezer. Might throw caution to the wind and do a bread sauce too. Red cabbage; check. Brussells; check. Turnips? Or swede? Or both? Maybe some mash as well as roasties. And a pan top gravy. Is it wrong to have a yorkshire with chicken? Think I'll do a home made cranberry too, cant get ocean spray here.
Anything to keep my mind off that result!

I see nothing wrong with Yorkshire puddings with chicken.......might be considered a little unusual. I must add that I'm a vegetarian so my opinion may carry less weight than some.

Erm..... on 17:35 - Feb 24 with 2534 viewsBklynRanger

I might do a full roast tomorrow but it depends what we're doing tonight - if we end up staying in that might be too much 'in' time if we stay in tomorrow too so we'll have to see what happens there in respect and in terms of regarding that.
Erm..... on 17:35 - Feb 24 with 2535 viewsjoolsyp

Erm..... on 17:20 - Feb 24 by kropotkin41

A City I would very much like to visit....... I visited Canada as a young man, stayed with cousins in Winnipeg. Loved it, but Manitoba is not the most erm....... fascinating place.

It's changed a lot over the past 20 years (as Vancouverhoop will testify) - ridiculous house prices driven in part by dodgy foreign ownership and tax loopholes. Gentrification of all the previously interesting areas. The left-leaning coalition (not really a coalition) between the NDP and Greens have promised all sorts of progressive policies but as soon as they get in power we find out they are just protecting business interests like any other capitalist political party.

Still, its a beautiful city and I'm very lucky to live here. It has loads to offer - try and get out here someday if you can.
Login to get fewer ads

Erm..... on 19:26 - Feb 24 with 2349 viewsAshdown_Ranger

After that drivel against Forest, I'll be getting a very big beer.

And crying into it all evening.

:(
Erm..... on 19:34 - Feb 24 with 2337 viewsSimonJames

Happily, Bath rugby had an unexpected 33-32 win over Sale (considering we were down to our 5th choice players in several positions).

Star Trek was excellent... although I had to double check my hearing when I heard what Ensign Sylvia Tilly said in episode 5.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Erm..... on 19:48 - Feb 24 with 2300 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Night out has been cancelled. Other Mate's kids are vomiting so I have night in. consolation is watching Catalan underdog heroes against Barca and a food-delivery* and a bottle of red.

*Which poster on here recently said that we all call delivered food a 'take-away' when we haven't taken anything away at all? It's a delivery.

Erm..... on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 2173 viewsBrightonhoop

Erm..... on 19:48 - Feb 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Night out has been cancelled. Other Mate's kids are vomiting so I have night in. consolation is watching Catalan underdog heroes against Barca and a food-delivery* and a bottle of red.

*Which poster on here recently said that we all call delivered food a 'take-away' when we haven't taken anything away at all? It's a delivery.

Back in the day my Scots ancestors used to call it a kureout. 'Carry out'. Which always sounded marvellous, and said with such aplomb, conviction and passion it always sounded better than a local chinese.

There's a Brighton Sunday Roast review on Faceache and one bloke last week was complaining, with pics, at a sunday roast delivery, in chinese style tins, of a bit of chicken, some cauliflower and tatties that looked like bullets. His complaint was it was 2 hours late, cold and the pictures told a story. He'd also payed £15 for the roast and a £10 delivery. I told him he deserved it. I said where's the gravy? He said Oh yeah. Told him he was a mug, that $25 would have put 5 chickens in the freezer and he didn't deserve gravy lol.

Carry out yes. Delivery no. Make yer own sunday roast is a must. Fcking love Sundays despite QPR.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:16]
Erm..... on 23:04 - Feb 24 with 2086 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Erm..... on 22:13 - Feb 24 by Brightonhoop

Back in the day my Scots ancestors used to call it a kureout. 'Carry out'. Which always sounded marvellous, and said with such aplomb, conviction and passion it always sounded better than a local chinese.

There's a Brighton Sunday Roast review on Faceache and one bloke last week was complaining, with pics, at a sunday roast delivery, in chinese style tins, of a bit of chicken, some cauliflower and tatties that looked like bullets. His complaint was it was 2 hours late, cold and the pictures told a story. He'd also payed £15 for the roast and a £10 delivery. I told him he deserved it. I said where's the gravy? He said Oh yeah. Told him he was a mug, that $25 would have put 5 chickens in the freezer and he didn't deserve gravy lol.

Carry out yes. Delivery no. Make yer own sunday roast is a must. Fcking love Sundays despite QPR.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 22:16]

An eloquent spiel!

Erm..... on 23:07 - Feb 24 with 2085 viewsPunteR

Had to work today. Loft conversion in Isleworth. Big L shaped flat roof, 4m x 8 m , struggling to make the firrings work.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Erm..... on 10:16 - Feb 26 with 1875 viewsMick_S

Erm..... on 17:35 - Feb 24 by BklynRanger

I might do a full roast tomorrow but it depends what we're doing tonight - if we end up staying in that might be too much 'in' time if we stay in tomorrow too so we'll have to see what happens there in respect and in terms of regarding that.

Did you have your roast? I had one in a pub yesterday, and it was lovely. Beef, cabbage (red) parsnips, carrots, broccoli, roast potatoes and yorkshire pud.

I hope you found the time to enjoy the greatest meal ever.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 10:23]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Erm..... on 14:52 - Feb 26 with 1794 viewsSimonJames

Erm..... on 10:16 - Feb 26 by Mick_S

Did you have your roast? I had one in a pub yesterday, and it was lovely. Beef, cabbage (red) parsnips, carrots, broccoli, roast potatoes and yorkshire pud.

I hope you found the time to enjoy the greatest meal ever.

[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 10:23]

I don't like parsnips, but the rest of it sounds great...

BTW anything happen over the weekend, it all seems a bit tumbleweeds on the message board these last couple of days?

Erm..... on 02:26 - Feb 27 with 1693 viewsisawqpratwcity

Erm..... on 14:52 - Feb 26 by SimonJames

I don't like parsnips, but the rest of it sounds great...

BTW anything happen over the weekend, it all seems a bit tumbleweeds on the message board these last couple of days?

Are you only seeing threads that you have already posted to?

Check the filter near the top of the Forum page, left hand side. If "Your Posts" is highlighted, click on "All Posts".

It's a trap for young players!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Erm..... on 11:15 - Feb 27 with 1642 viewsSimonJames

Erm..... on 02:26 - Feb 27 by isawqpratwcity

Are you only seeing threads that you have already posted to?

Check the filter near the top of the Forum page, left hand side. If "Your Posts" is highlighted, click on "All Posts".

It's a trap for young players!

No I was trying to keep in line with the thread... obviously things kicked off to Defcon 4 over the weekend.

Erm..... on 13:50 - Feb 27 with 1614 viewsisawqpratwcity

Erm..... on 11:15 - Feb 27 by SimonJames

No I was trying to keep in line with the thread... obviously things kicked off to Defcon 4 over the weekend.

Sorry, mate. My fault. The batteries are flat on my irony detector.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024