Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has this season met your expectations? 10:31 - May 7 with 3578 viewsE17hoop

Has this season met your expectations?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:36 - May 7 with 3562 viewslondonscottish

If there was a category between partly and fully met Id have gone for that.

Wage bill halved, youngsters blooded, some promising performances, Warren Farm maybe round the corner (??)

On the other had, wild fluctuations in form and woeful away record.

On the whole roughly where I'd have hoped things to have ended up.

Could have been a LOT worse

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:55 - May 7 with 3529 viewshoopdog

Yes I too wanted to vote between part and fully met ,
Bear in mind we was in a dire state at the start of this season as we was over the last three years many crap players playing crap boring football
Has this season met your expectations? on 12:12 - May 7 with 3484 viewsloftboy

I voted not met purely on the fact I thought we were going to go down! So I’m confused as to whether I should have voted exceeded instead!!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Has this season met your expectations? on 12:17 - May 7 with 3473 viewsRangersw12

Has this season met your expectations? on 12:12 - May 7 by loftboy

I voted not met purely on the fact I thought we were going to go down! So I’m confused as to whether I should have voted exceeded instead!!!

Every club has got one....
Has this season met your expectations? on 17:55 - May 7 with 3351 viewskomradkirk

For me expectation was met,delighted with the blooding of the kids but would hope for more consistency next season .
Has this season met your expectations? on 22:38 - May 7 with 3231 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

As my expectations have never been lower in 50+ years it was hard not to meet most of them. I expected it would take Ollie forever to realise that three at the back/wingbacks wouldn't work, pressing the opposition high up the pitch wouldn't work, and going for 0-0 draws away from home with our leaky defence wouldn't work and those things turned out to be as expected. So I can agree that expectations have been largely met.
Has this season met your expectations? on 05:42 - May 8 with 3152 viewsOnlyMe

"Fully met" --- in that it was as poor as I expected it to be (though never quite poor enough to fall below the ones who would clearly --- Sunderland excepted --- always likely be deepest in the relegation mire. Even the cups lived fully down to expectations.

There was little sign of any improvement in performances or results (especially on the road) and it would be no surprise if the few that performed better than the rest (and/or showed potential) were gone before the new season to be replaced with unknowns (or, knowing IH) players who were very well known mainly because they had been around a very long long time. It'd be nice if we could stick with the kids but then again, IH can't coach so he'd probably actually be better with aging journeymen who he can just tell to go out and get on with it. All things staying equal, I can't see any likely improvement for next season and, since football rarely allows clubs to stand still. the chances of us sliding nearer to (or into) relegation trouble would seem to be a fair bet. IMO.
Has this season met your expectations? on 09:50 - May 8 with 3066 viewssmegma

Partly met.

I expected us to finish mid table. But I didn't expect to hear repeats of 'I picked the wrong team' which happened a few times last season. Or promises that we will get our revenge in a local derby. Which also happened the previous season. Proving some people never learn lessons.
Login to get fewer ads

Has this season met your expectations? on 01:39 - May 9 with 2922 viewstimcocking

Uncle Tony are you reading?

Everybody at Rangers recognises the fact we've done quite well considering everything this season.

So with the loss of our senior pros and the league's youngest and smallest team, are you absolutely sure you're not making another mistake brought on by listening to weirdos on twitter? Stability is the only thing you've yet to try.
Has this season met your expectations? on 03:11 - May 9 with 2898 viewsisawqpratwcity

Has this season met your expectations? on 01:39 - May 9 by timcocking

Uncle Tony are you reading?

Everybody at Rangers recognises the fact we've done quite well considering everything this season.

So with the loss of our senior pros and the league's youngest and smallest team, are you absolutely sure you're not making another mistake brought on by listening to weirdos on twitter? Stability is the only thing you've yet to try.

Read the posts. It's a badly worded and ambiguous poll.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Has this season met your expectations? on 00:05 - May 10 with 2772 viewsOnlyMe

Has this season met your expectations? on 03:11 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

And the post you have quoted by timcocking gives the impression he hasn't bothered reading the thread.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 0:06]
Has this season met your expectations? on 23:21 - May 10 with 2694 viewsE17hoop

Has this season met your expectations? on 03:11 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

Why ambiguous?

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:33 - May 10 with 2684 viewsisawqpratwcity

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:21 - May 10 by E17hoop

Why ambiguous?

Loftboy's post opens it up. If you had very low expectations, say, a relegation struggle all season, then you could reasonable say your expectations were exceeded. But that would not necessarily mean that you were satisfied with the season's outcome, a degree of contentment that some apparently want the poll results to be indicating.

Has this season met your expectations? on 00:03 - May 11 with 2659 viewsE17hoop

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:33 - May 10 by isawqpratwcity

Loftboy's post opens it up. If you had very low expectations, say, a relegation struggle all season, then you could reasonable say your expectations were exceeded. But that would not necessarily mean that you were satisfied with the season's outcome, a degree of contentment that some apparently want the poll results to be indicating.

I wanted to find out people's perceptions and doing that with a subjective expectation measure means the result is subjective.

This poll wasn't about satisfaction with the outcome or contentment - if it was, that's what I'd have asked.

Has this season met your expectations? on 04:49 - May 11 with 2623 viewsisawqpratwcity

Has this season met your expectations? on 00:03 - May 11 by E17hoop

I wanted to find out people's perceptions and doing that with a subjective expectation measure means the result is subjective.

This poll wasn't about satisfaction with the outcome or contentment - if it was, that's what I'd have asked.

Fair enough, but, if so, then I fail to see what useful information your survey was intended to attain.

The word 'expectation' is the source of the ambiguity: 'that which is expected or looked for'. It can mean either a predicted outcome or a desired outcome. Loftboy saw the difference between the two quite clearly.

Not that it really matters much. Despite popular opinion, the question has already been answered on the basis of desired outcomes by the club and Holloway is carrying the can for that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024