Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pointless media world cup stats watch 11:38 - Jun 18 with 9558 viewsTW_R

One of my biggest bugbears - crappy stats that mean nothing. I heard my first one today - please feel free to add to this.

"England haven't won their first game at the World Cup since 2006". There have only been 2 WCs between now and then - FFS!!
Pointless media world cup stats watch on 21:19 - Jul 2 with 1683 viewsTW_R

Pointless media world cup stats watch on 20:44 - Jul 2 by Dorse

Not a stat but the ITV commentator has just said that 'the Belgian handbrake has been released'.

We can make it into a stat and add “for the first time” to the end of that sentence.
Pointless media world cup stats watch on 17:40 - Jul 8 with 1554 viewssmegma

In one of today's football supplements there is an article by the great Roberto Carlos. The headline states " Neymar play-acting ? It's just jealousy..." does he mean Neymar is jealous or those that point out that he's a cheat and a diver are jealous?? In the article Roberto writes "I still cannot believe my Brazil-the best team in the tournament-lost to Belgium on Friday night."......."Brazil were the better team over the 90 minutes"

Roberto, you were also the better team against Germany in the 2014 semi final as well. Apart from the SEVEN goals, Brazil were the better team. And don't start me on the 1998 final when you and your team mates were robbed in Paris.

Deluded or what ????
Pointless media world cup stats watch on 17:45 - Jul 8 with 1540 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pointless media world cup stats watch on 17:40 - Jul 8 by smegma

In one of today's football supplements there is an article by the great Roberto Carlos. The headline states " Neymar play-acting ? It's just jealousy..." does he mean Neymar is jealous or those that point out that he's a cheat and a diver are jealous?? In the article Roberto writes "I still cannot believe my Brazil-the best team in the tournament-lost to Belgium on Friday night."......."Brazil were the better team over the 90 minutes"

Roberto, you were also the better team against Germany in the 2014 semi final as well. Apart from the SEVEN goals, Brazil were the better team. And don't start me on the 1998 final when you and your team mates were robbed in Paris.

Deluded or what ????

Roberto Carlos!

Serious talent, but colossal ego. Hit more impossible free kicks into walls than even Cristiano Ronaldo. A kind of left-footed Joey Barton?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Pointless media world cup stats watch on 22:44 - Jul 8 with 1427 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pointless media world cup stats watch on 17:45 - Jul 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Roberto Carlos!

Serious talent, but colossal ego. Hit more impossible free kicks into walls than even Cristiano Ronaldo. A kind of left-footed Joey Barton?

Only in Joey's dreams
Pointless media world cup stats watch on 19:01 - Jul 15 with 1307 viewssmegma

At the end of tonights final BBCs Guy Mowbray came up with the classic " tonight in Paris they will party like its 1998 "........it took a while but a commentator actually said something that made me smile/laugh. The previous 4 weeks had been full of shite.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024