Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back, what was i thinking 16:44 - Jan 6 with 5420 viewsBlackCrowe

When i saw the team announced i thought what the hell is Shteve playing at not resting Freeman and Eze but actually he was absolutely right. They bought the young 'uns into play and kept the team fluid and gelled. And all the youngsters did bloody brilliantly without exception. And their confidence will be high. And we really seem to have some depth now. And our form continues. And we're in the next round.

Really enjoyed that game and v good atmosphere.

Great stuff. Over and out.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:06]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:42 - Jan 6 with 1404 viewsChurchie

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:09 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

It was a genuinely brilliant bit of play.

Such a shame about the absolute disaster he was for the other 89:50.

On the sauce are we!
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:49 - Jan 6 with 1380 viewsbullythebear

From C block, Cousins had good game. He’s got a strong physical presence and the partnership with Scowen improving all the time. Both were very good at Villa too. Playing in his natural position now and benefitting from doing so. Bidwell MOM. Great to see Hall come through 90 mins.
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:51 - Jan 6 with 1369 viewstraininvain

Well there you have it- one person who thought Cousins was an ‘absolute disaster’ (despite us winning the game) and quite a few who thought he played well. Football, eh...
Just back, what was i thinking on 18:52 - Jan 6 with 1366 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:31 - Jan 6 by Esox_Lucius

I was there and bar a misplaced pass in the first half Jordan Cousins had a very decent game, at least a 7/10, and this scapegoating of him doesn't sit well with me. He is still young and has had a severe knock to his career through injury and is making his way back. He's not as good as he was with CAFC yet but is improving game by game and is certainly not worthy of the opprobrium visited upon him. Instead of looking for players to slag off, why not look for players who could do with some more encouragement and get behind then, not onto them. There are still people who think Eze is lazy and should be dropped FFS. Watch the 90 minutes again and tell me that he did less than any of the other players. When Smith came on there was a great chance to score and he went sliding on his knee to obfuscate the truth of the matter which was he was too slow to reach that chance. He did little closing down either in the short time he was on with his fresh legs yet is completely exempt from criticism. Ingram really grew into the game after the disaster that was the goal and near chance just after it and made some really good saves throughout the rest of the game. There were so many positives in todays performance and we still have posters who only want to pick faults.

"why not look for players who could do with some more encouragement and get behind then, not onto them."

I don't get to matches so I'm not going to tell those who do how to behave, but with things looking up all round it'd be cherry on the cake if the crowd can be 12th man and follow this advice.

We've a squad of players who are young or otherwise with us because no-one else much wants them; there're going to be mistakes but they're a decent bunch with bags of potential. When they screw up a bit of encouragement might make all the difference between them finding their best instead of falling apart.

If e.g. Cousins or Ingrams is the weak link, how about giving them more encouragement than the rest, not less?
Just back, what was i thinking on 19:19 - Jan 6 with 1277 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:51 - Jan 6 by traininvain

Well there you have it- one person who thought Cousins was an ‘absolute disaster’ (despite us winning the game) and quite a few who thought he played well. Football, eh...

Would be dull if we all thought the same.

FWIW I thought the ironic cheering of Ingram was unnecessary and unhelpful and I’m not one to loudly abuse players at the game. A discussion forum is a more productive outlet IMO.
Just back, what was i thinking on 19:20 - Jan 6 with 1267 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back, what was i thinking on 18:31 - Jan 6 by Esox_Lucius

I was there and bar a misplaced pass in the first half Jordan Cousins had a very decent game, at least a 7/10, and this scapegoating of him doesn't sit well with me. He is still young and has had a severe knock to his career through injury and is making his way back. He's not as good as he was with CAFC yet but is improving game by game and is certainly not worthy of the opprobrium visited upon him. Instead of looking for players to slag off, why not look for players who could do with some more encouragement and get behind then, not onto them. There are still people who think Eze is lazy and should be dropped FFS. Watch the 90 minutes again and tell me that he did less than any of the other players. When Smith came on there was a great chance to score and he went sliding on his knee to obfuscate the truth of the matter which was he was too slow to reach that chance. He did little closing down either in the short time he was on with his fresh legs yet is completely exempt from criticism. Ingram really grew into the game after the disaster that was the goal and near chance just after it and made some really good saves throughout the rest of the game. There were so many positives in todays performance and we still have posters who only want to pick faults.

Absolutely bang on to point out Eze's workrate today, Esox. He tackled, harried and dispossessed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 1252 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:19 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

FWIW I thought the ironic cheering of Ingram was unnecessary and unhelpful and I’m not one to loudly abuse players at the game. A discussion forum is a more productive outlet IMO.

Are you serious? Did some Rangers fans actually do that to one of our players? Christ...

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:22 - Jan 6 with 1251 viewstraininvain

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:19 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

Very true. Sorry, it wasn’t intended as a dig at you. Just pointing out that people who watched the same game came away with such differing views.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:25 - Jan 6 with 1230 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:22 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Are you serious? Did some Rangers fans actually do that to one of our players? Christ...

More than a few. Seemed to be from the Upper Loft but I was in G block so may have been more or less audible elsewhere.
Just back, what was i thinking on 19:46 - Jan 6 with 1149 viewsNoDiddley

A lot of 'Tourists' there today due to the pricing (which I am in favour off) but as they don't go every week they come up with stupid FCUKING comments after watching one player on one occasion.
Dick Heads
Just back, what was i thinking on 19:54 - Jan 6 with 1115 viewssmegma

Aramide Oteh. 12 goals in 16 games this season. 18 in 28 last season.

Just saying like.
Just back, what was i thinking on 19:55 - Jan 6 with 1107 viewsdannyblue

I was there. I thought cousins struggled, as he has done recently, until that excellent run and shot. He looked much better after that.

I think with all the injuries and being in and out of the team his confidence is shot and he’s ateufgling to get back the touch and rhythm you need in midfield. He’s obviously a great athlete and can show some really good energy. But he looks terrified to put his foot on the ball or make a pass. Often he just seems to abdicate responsibility and get rid of it to someone else to take charge of. Last week a few times he was facing forward but rather than looking for a pass he just offloaded it to scowen even though he was running back facing his own goal. The fear with the ball leads to the errors as described above.

But with mass away, a run of games, the obvious faith of his manager...hopefully he can become the player we thought he was...just in time to win a new contract at some other team in the summer. Oh.
Just back, what was i thinking on 20:31 - Jan 6 with 1026 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:09 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

It was a genuinely brilliant bit of play.

Such a shame about the absolute disaster he was for the other 89:50.

Keeping to the scapegoat agenda nicely there.
I thought Cousins had a reasonable game.
Just back, what was i thinking on 20:34 - Jan 6 with 1008 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:46 - Jan 6 by NoDiddley

A lot of 'Tourists' there today due to the pricing (which I am in favour off) but as they don't go every week they come up with stupid FCUKING comments after watching one player on one occasion.
Dick Heads

Eh?
Just back, what was i thinking on 20:41 - Jan 6 with 975 viewsconnell10

Just back, what was i thinking on 17:56 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

My ratings:-

Ingram - 7. Would have been an 8 or 9 only for the goal and the blocked clearance. Made a succession of saves and his distribution was better than I've seen it before.
Kakay - 7. Faded towards the end, maybe through tiredness or a knock. Excellent first half when he was overloaded.
Furlong - 8. Excellent all game.
Hall - 7. Also very good. Great to see him get a full game. Such a classy, confident player.
Bidwell - 8. MOTM. A goal, an assist, a constant danger in attack and some superb tackling.
Scowen - 6. Our midfield was often bypassed by excellent Bielsa-typical movement and changes of positions. Even so, Scowen coped well without being spectacular. One lovely pass in the first half had me thinking it was Freeman until it landed at the feet of...Freeman!
Cousins - 6. See above. Some poor touches and the usual Barton pass-that-was-never-on, but I thought his positioning was solid and that he and Scowen allowed very little through the middle. That run and shot was a sign of confidence returning, we hope.
Freeman - 6. Different position today, and it showed. Still, a decent performance.
BOS - 7. Superb in the first half and good in the second half. Pace and good passing. Left Kakay somewhat exposed, however.
Eze - 7. The confidence is back. Great touches again today, silky passing and great imagination.
Oteh - 7. Extremely assured, linked up with Eze in particular, looked so mature. What confidence to take the ball for the pen!

Chair - 6. I would have brought him on earlier. Great workrate chasing and harrying and some nice footwork, as ever.
Pav - Not on long enough.
Smith - not on long enough.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 18:02]

Mate i respect you greatly as a poster on here but Freeman 6????? For me he was MOM and at least a 8/10!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:42 - Jan 6 with 968 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:31 - Jan 6 by CroydonCaptJack

Keeping to the scapegoat agenda nicely there.
I thought Cousins had a reasonable game.

FFS we won the fking game. The “scapegoat” accusation makes no sense.
Just back, what was i thinking on 20:45 - Jan 6 with 953 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:41 - Jan 6 by connell10

Mate i respect you greatly as a poster on here but Freeman 6????? For me he was MOM and at least a 8/10!

Ya, I've been thinking since that that was harsh by me.

I wouldn't have had him as MOTM myself (I did at Villa where I thought he was extraordinarily good) but I could upgrade that to a 7 really.

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:55 - Jan 6 with 928 viewsLblock

I wasn’t there but watched on a stream

Cousins was unnoticeable first half - did okay but nothing amazing or terrible
Second half he started terribly and was Leeds best passer of the ball for about 25 minutes
Fair play he stuck at it and had a great effort on goal but he’s yet to be the player I thought we were signing
Hope his January run sees him find that form

Ingram won’t cut it at this level. Seen enough of him to call that one I’m afraid. You’ve got to face facts that 90% of his first team appearances have goals down to him directly within them. Across the last two seasons he’s shipped seven twice and not been commanding in any single game that I’m aware of.
Real shame and I’d hope I’m wrong and he has me eating my words but I’d doubt it.
Transfer filed next to Washington

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 919 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:45 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I wouldn't have had him as MOTM myself (I did at Villa where I thought he was extraordinarily good) but I could upgrade that to a 7 really.

The ‘problem’, for want of a better word, with Freeman is he’s now excellent more often than not so every time he is just good it’s a bit of a let-down.

And he takes the tube to work, which is worth an extra point.
Just back, what was i thinking on 20:58 - Jan 6 with 904 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:45 - Jan 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes an 8/10 for me too for Freeman. I love that diagonal slow run with the ball through the middle he's developed. He did it against Villa before releasing Wsolek down the right for the winner. He did it again today over about 50 yards. The Leeds players couldn't get near him. Then there's his set pieces!

My other stand out players were BOS and Bidwell. Great to see Hall back too. My only reservation from today was I'm not sure Leeds were trying very hard towards the end.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 21:01]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back, what was i thinking on 21:02 - Jan 6 with 877 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back, what was i thinking on 20:56 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

The ‘problem’, for want of a better word, with Freeman is he’s now excellent more often than not so every time he is just good it’s a bit of a let-down.

And he takes the tube to work, which is worth an extra point.

I think I may have been subconsciously guilty on the first count.

Just back, what was i thinking on 21:04 - Jan 6 with 866 viewsNoDiddley

Eh?
Shouting abuse at players they’ve not watched week in week out
Just back, what was i thinking on 22:03 - Jan 6 with 775 viewsDorse

Just back, what was i thinking on 19:54 - Jan 6 by smegma

Aramide Oteh. 12 goals in 16 games this season. 18 in 28 last season.

Just saying like.

The Force is strong in this one.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024