Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man U take the sensible approach. 12:42 - Mar 28 with 1489 viewsrunningman75

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/mar/28/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-appointed-

After Jose losing the dressing room, appointing a manager who knows the club and will give younger players a chance. Though in the summer they will probably be looking to splash out still. With the fickle nature of football though if they have a bad start to next season the likelihood they will be looking for another big name manager.
Man U take the sensible approach. on 13:54 - Mar 28 with 1424 viewsNorthernr

Still think Pochettino was the man for that job, so pleased they haven't done that. In the ame way nobody wants to follow Fergie into that job, everybody should have wanted to follow Mourinho because he was so terrible and vile that it wouldn't take much to improve. The results could hardly have got any worse and being a bit nicer to the players was always going to go well.

Interesting to see if it carries on long term, or whether it's another RDM at the Scum where Big Racist John, Cashley and Fat Frank had decided they wanted rid of AVB so just stopped playing - Big Racist Jon, Captain leader Legend, never shy of downing tools on the job for his supposedly beloved "Chels" if he wasn't that keen on the manager in charge - only to then come out all guns blazing after he'd gone before regressing back to the level they were at previously.
Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 1399 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:08 - Mar 28 with 1392 viewstraininvain

Man U take the sensible approach. on 13:54 - Mar 28 by Northernr

Still think Pochettino was the man for that job, so pleased they haven't done that. In the ame way nobody wants to follow Fergie into that job, everybody should have wanted to follow Mourinho because he was so terrible and vile that it wouldn't take much to improve. The results could hardly have got any worse and being a bit nicer to the players was always going to go well.

Interesting to see if it carries on long term, or whether it's another RDM at the Scum where Big Racist John, Cashley and Fat Frank had decided they wanted rid of AVB so just stopped playing - Big Racist Jon, Captain leader Legend, never shy of downing tools on the job for his supposedly beloved "Chels" if he wasn't that keen on the manager in charge - only to then come out all guns blazing after he'd gone before regressing back to the level they were at previously.

This. I think they'll regret not going all out for Pochettino.
Man U take the sensible approach. on 13:57 - Mar 29 with 1187 viewsToast_R

Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:08 - Mar 28 by traininvain

This. I think they'll regret not going all out for Pochettino.

When Pochettino wins something with Spurs, then I'll believe the hype. At the moment he just seems to be another Arsene Wenger post 2005
Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:57 - Mar 29 with 1147 viewssimmo

He will be gone within a year. The players are reacting to being given the freedom to play and I'd imagine, do what the feck they want. When that novelty wears off and they have to go back to routine and some form of discipline, they will fall away. It might even happen immediately.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:59 - Mar 29 with 1143 viewsNorthernr

Man U take the sensible approach. on 13:57 - Mar 29 by Toast_R

When Pochettino wins something with Spurs, then I'll believe the hype. At the moment he just seems to be another Arsene Wenger post 2005

Or has done an incredible job to keep a team that hasn't played a home game for nearly two years, has a wage bill far lower than the five teams they're competing with, and has a chairman who's tight as a mouse's waistcoat competitive and stable at the top end of the league.
Man U take the sensible approach. on 17:09 - Mar 29 with 1060 viewssimmo

Man U take the sensible approach. on 13:57 - Mar 29 by Toast_R

According to UEFA report, Tottenham's wage bill is €148.

So you could double the wages of every single Spurs player, they could sign seven new players on £100,000 a week, and they would *still* have a lower wage bill than City.

Also the net spend of Poch vs Pep is £38m for Spurs and £380m for Citeh.

Not to mention that every time Spurs lose a player to a higher paying rival, they look first internally to see what they already have or buy a player to improve. Trippier replaced Walker, Eriksen/Alli replaced Modric, Davies will replace Rose, Winks will replace Dembele, etc etc.

It’s running things the way we want to run things, but at a PL level and whilst still competing with the richest clubs in the world. All whilst playing attractive football.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Man U take the sensible approach. on 17:25 - Mar 29 with 1046 viewsDavieQPR

Still think Fergusson is the big influence behind the scenes. He can only do this with Yes Men fronting things.
Login to get fewer ads

Man U take the sensible approach. on 07:55 - Mar 30 with 897 viewsToast_R

Man U take the sensible approach. on 14:59 - Mar 29 by Northernr

Or has done an incredible job to keep a team that hasn't played a home game for nearly two years, has a wage bill far lower than the five teams they're competing with, and has a chairman who's tight as a mouse's waistcoat competitive and stable at the top end of the league.

He just doesn't win the prize though at the end. Leicester's wage budget must have been far less than Spurs yet he was unable to reign them in to win the Premier League despite at one point being in a good position to do so and still managed to finish below Arsenal. He also keeps bottling semi finals.

I think he's good but I'm not convinced he's all hes cracked up to be, I'm still waiting for a trophy from him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024