Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 12:05 - Jan 18 with 2951 viewsconnell10

Dropped completely!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Lumley on 21:53 - Jan 19 with 415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 21:44 - Jan 19 by Benny_the_Ball

I know you weren't, Brian, I was just placing into context of the earlier comments.

Good point but irrespective of how social media is consumed by QPR staff, you have to question why MW took so long to drop Lumley. Perhaps he was giving Joe a chance to play his way back into form but in retrospect MW effectively hung him out to dry. I suspect he feels some responsibility hence the remark about Lumley injuring his neck.

I thought that the Swansea cup game was the opportunity to make a natural change - Kelly comes in for the cup game, plays well, can't be dropped etc.

I'd love to know the logic in recalling Lumley for the Brentford game. I don't think that Lumley was terrible in that game (and Kelly was good yesterday, but 'good' is as far as I'd go) but playing Lumley at Brentford... I'd love to understand it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley on 21:58 - Jan 19 with 396 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Lumley on 21:53 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought that the Swansea cup game was the opportunity to make a natural change - Kelly comes in for the cup game, plays well, can't be dropped etc.

I'd love to know the logic in recalling Lumley for the Brentford game. I don't think that Lumley was terrible in that game (and Kelly was good yesterday, but 'good' is as far as I'd go) but playing Lumley at Brentford... I'd love to understand it.

And Manning for that matter.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lumley on 22:01 - Jan 19 with 375 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley on 21:58 - Jan 19 by CliveWilsonSaid

And Manning for that matter.

Manning maybe picked so he could pin them back down that wing, but it didn't work. Perhaps shorn of confidence, he didn't attack as often, also he didn't have the opportunities to safely commit himself to attack as we had no control in midfield. Besides which, Wallace likes to attack as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley on 00:14 - Jan 20 with 298 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Lumley on 22:01 - Jan 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Manning maybe picked so he could pin them back down that wing, but it didn't work. Perhaps shorn of confidence, he didn't attack as often, also he didn't have the opportunities to safely commit himself to attack as we had no control in midfield. Besides which, Wallace likes to attack as well.

Yes I was surprised by that selection too. At home Brentford are free scoring with a potent front three; our wing-backs were always likely to have some defending to do and choose their forays forward carefully.
Lumley on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 295 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Lumley on 00:14 - Jan 20 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes I was surprised by that selection too. At home Brentford are free scoring with a potent front three; our wing-backs were always likely to have some defending to do and choose their forays forward carefully.

I agree and expected to see a similar defensive set up to the Cardiff game but with Kelly in goal.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 0:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024