Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice Dave Thomas interview... 10:48 - Mar 3 with 1897 viewsPhildo

https://www.nessundormapod.com/2020/03/03/going-past-players-crossing-the-ball-i

Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 12:13 - Mar 3 with 1815 viewssmegma

Best winger I've ever seen. Two footed, took no prisoners/could handle himself on the pitch, could head the ball. In today's market he would be priceless. Criminal how few caps he won. I had the privlege of seeing him play for England at Wembley the night 3 QPR players played.
Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 22:54 - Mar 3 with 1599 viewsCiderwithRsie

We all know he was a great player, but what a good bloke he seems in that article. Not a word of bitterness about going blind in his 50s and his only comment on the fact that after football he was making a living as a gardener, unlike stars of today, is that he loved it.

Interesting that it was Venables (as player) who got him moved to the wing, I never knew that. Also interesting that like everyone else he says Sexton never ranted or raved but notes that he was a hard man who you wouldn't cross.
Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 23:21 - Mar 3 with 1585 viewsDannyPaddox

Dave Thomas. What a player. I just can’t imagine growing up watching football as a kid without there being a Dave Thomas. As much as a hero to me as Stan.
Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 09:38 - Mar 4 with 1502 viewsRangersDave

Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 12:13 - Mar 3 by smegma

Best winger I've ever seen. Two footed, took no prisoners/could handle himself on the pitch, could head the ball. In today's market he would be priceless. Criminal how few caps he won. I had the privlege of seeing him play for England at Wembley the night 3 QPR players played.

I have the the honour of saying i was there too.
In fact it was the first time i had been to Wembley.

I remember him tearing Derby a new one at the Baseball ground too. no shin pads for Dave, he wasnt around long enough to get kicked. lol

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 13:33 - Mar 4 with 1444 viewssmegma

If you havnt already, buy his autobiography. All monies go to Guide Dogs. Very good read as well
Nice Dave Thomas interview... on 22:31 - Mar 4 with 1363 viewsLazyFan

Was too young to see him play except for one game.

Maccas testimonial. I think he was 40's then. Chelsea put out a select XI which had a lot of first-teamers in it.

I remember Thomas played on the left and absolutely skinned their first team RB again and again. He took the complete piddle out of him. So, much for the modern athlete.
QPR fans around the ground were saying "we should bring him back, he's amazing".

Gerry played as well but could not run. But what he did do, was ping the ball around. To the extent, it reminded me of the way Hoddle/Becks passed the ball. But seeing as Gerry was before Hoddle/Becks, then it should the other way around of course.

And of course, Gerry had pace, could shoot and dribble as well which Hoddle and Becks were not at the same standard.

I can see why the team of 76 were robbed from it.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024