Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 23:15 - Jul 14 with 1414 viewsEmpireStateRanger

He's been very good recently, hasn't he? He's made 2-3 class saves in the last few games, including the one tonight that saved the point for us.

With that said... how do we feel about our goalkeeper situation now? Should we still go into next season with Lumley and Kelly, or should we look for more consistency? I'm a bit torn, because with the way Lumley has been playing he should be the No. 1 choice, but when the fans come back...
Lumley on 06:39 - Jul 15 with 1286 viewsWokingR

I was just as impressed with him getting in the face of the Luton players before the penalty.
He’s grown up and more confident now
Lumley on 07:15 - Jul 15 with 1229 viewsmcqpr10

Has done well to come back after such a tricky spell. Pleased for him but has to maintain this over a much longer period before we think he's solved our goalkeeper problems.
Lumley on 09:44 - Jul 15 with 1103 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's a fairly safe bet that Kelly would have been too short to stop at least one of those saves that Joe made so that is one edge he has. I suspect that not having toxic fans screaming at him no matter whose fault a goal was has helped him no end. Maybe Joe & Seny next season?

The grass is always greener.

Lumley on 10:29 - Jul 15 with 1065 viewsHayesender

He's done very well from what I've seen of him these last few games, but I noticed last night with the penalty, he still goes too early making it very easy for the taker

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lumley on 11:07 - Jul 15 with 999 viewsBuckR

Lumley on 06:39 - Jul 15 by WokingR

I was just as impressed with him getting in the face of the Luton players before the penalty.
He’s grown up and more confident now

Sorry but disagree with what he gets up to before he faces a penalty. All he does is fire up the penalty taker, hes yet to get anywhere near a penalty he's faced. Smithies never said a word and would just save the bloody thing.

Big improvement last few games aside from that however
Lumley on 12:17 - Jul 15 with 943 viewsthompsonridd

I've been anti Lumley for a while but can't believe how well he's done recently. His kicking has improved the most.

Maybe it's not having the pressure of fans having a go at him.
Lumley on 12:18 - Jul 15 with 940 viewsrsonist

Lumley on 09:44 - Jul 15 by Esox_Lucius

It's a fairly safe bet that Kelly would have been too short to stop at least one of those saves that Joe made so that is one edge he has. I suspect that not having toxic fans screaming at him no matter whose fault a goal was has helped him no end. Maybe Joe & Seny next season?

Paying punters are beyond reproach, didn't you get the memo?
Lumley on 12:23 - Jul 15 with 930 viewsaston_hoop

I honestly thought we'd seen the last of him but he's been great the last few games. Shown great strength to come back refreshed and looking good. I do wonder if Dieng will be shifted on and we'll bring in an older experienced keeper to join the goalkeeper's group for next season

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 12:38 - Jul 15 with 908 viewsNorthernr

Lumley on 12:18 - Jul 15 by rsonist

Paying punters are beyond reproach, didn't you get the memo?

If that's to do with my lame attempt at defending Finney ranting on on the podcast the week before last let me try and be less clumsy in this clarification:
- Crowds setting upon players at matches, abusing them, booing them, our own players, obviously completely counter productive and sht. Agree with the point above that Lumley may actually benefit from a few games in empty grounds.
- People copying players, managers, club figures into some of the horrendous Tweets they put out about them, likewise. Seen some hideous pile ons for our young players, Lumley included, and a good few of them have deleted their socials because of abuse from their own fans, which cannot be right.
- But people are entitled to their opinions, albeit I only agree with about 10% of those I see expressed about QPR atm. When Warburton started talking about good fans and bad fans it made me a bit uncomfortable. He was probably just saying it out of frustration at the way his season has been derailed through little fault of his own but you can't perform as we did against Barnsley and Charlton and say good fans will understand/accept it and bad fans won't - or words to that affect. It rarely ends well for a manager that sort of thing.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Lumley on 14:39 - Jul 15 with 828 viewsLazyFan

He has played well by cutting out his casual attitude towards the game.
No more does he just casually pass the ball to players, yes he goes long more, but it's less risky.

He flaps less at crosses removing the Robert Greeness we all fear. He will get better at pens as we shall provide him with so many chances too :p

zzzzzzzzzz

Lumley on 15:13 - Jul 15 with 788 viewsNov77

aren't keepers supposed to make saves? isn't that why they're in the team? I think expectations of Lumley had become so low that any save he makes is blown out of proportion.
the one he made at the end last night was good but I would expect most keepers to have got to it.

he's done fairly well since he got back but I fear he's our own Oliver Postgate in so much as he'll always be associated with clangers.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024