Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsung Heroes 13:06 - Nov 5 with 3857 viewsngbqpr

Bit of a lockdown diversion thread. Great former players you think don't get quite the adulation they deserve.

So...not yer cast iron legends, but equally not a random player you and you alone had a bit of a thing about.

To set the ball rolling, my definition of such a player is Glen Roeder. I thought he was absolute quality, and with his style of play would be worth tens of millions in the modern game. We had a 15-20 year period where we really were spoilt for quality centre backs, but for me he's right up there with Macca, Wicks, Parker, Maddix etc

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Unsung Heroes on 11:19 - Nov 11 with 336 viewsTheChef

Unsung Heroes on 01:09 - Nov 7 by LeedsR

Always had a soft spot for Peter Ramage and to me he was a real unsung hero. Yes, he was a limited player. I felt he was a better CB than RB, but he always gave 100% in pretty poor to mediocre sides. I think it was always going to be a challenge in an era where so much more was expected of the team because of the investment, but never seemed to click until Warnock came along.

What epitomises Ramage for me was that he played on after having torn his acl!! I think he had been playing quite well at cb, but when his knee went, he had to go up front as we’d used all our subs (I think!). Also think that that was his last game for us, because of his injury.

Always a dedicated, honest, hard working pro who always gave his best and always appreciated the fans, even when the team played like s**t. Rambo for me.

Walking in a Ramage wonderland...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024