Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Doorbell / WiFi / remote storage 16:31 - Feb 7 with 1387 viewsJuzzie

Hello you knowledgeable people, here’s a poser for you.....

Looking to get one of those doorbell/cctv camera thingys but the hook they get you in on is subscription to be able to record & store footage.
You don’t have to have the subscription but you just get a live feed, no ability to record.

I have a wifi enabled hard drive so what I’d like to know is there such a doorbell device that I can hook up to it to record?

I’ve done a bit of googling but not really getting far.

Doorbell / WiFi / remote storage on 16:38 - Feb 7 with 1348 viewsstowmarketrange

I have a couple of security cameras to record the outside of my house and that records to an app on my smartphone,so surely the same must be available for the doorbells too?
Doorbell / WiFi / remote storage on 17:04 - Feb 7 with 1278 viewsJuzzie

Doorbell / WiFi / remote storage on 16:38 - Feb 7 by stowmarketrange

I have a couple of security cameras to record the outside of my house and that records to an app on my smartphone,so surely the same must be available for the doorbells too?

I’ve found one by iGeek that records to a pre-installed 32Gb SD card that you can view, save etc via your phone/tablet.

Same with iGeek cctv camera.

Only thing is I’ve heard iGeek and the 3rd party app they use aren’t very secure.
Kind of defeats the object of having home security if some fkker can hack into it!
Doorbell / WiFi / remote storage on 19:50 - Feb 7 with 1146 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you get a Yi loT camera sold under different names, get the phone app then download the Home pc program and you can record to your hard drive, you do have to turn the record **on/off and have your pc running.

Other than that a whole cctv system with built-in hard drive. I think you can get some for around £150 nowadays 4//6 cameras.

** you can get some that auto record but more money

Yi loT Camera

Mine cost just £20 works on phone PC and Alexa show
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 19:59]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024