Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jarred Gillett 14:14 - Apr 22 with 653 viewsbosh67

Having watched the game back this ref is one of the best I've seen (or not seen) in ages. He has authority, he's right up with play, he both commands respect of the players and has a bit of banter with them as well. It feels like teams can just get on and play football and he doesn't seem to attract or tolerate any of the 'running Rooney in the ear' bollox either. Plus a lot of the time you forget he's there, which is the mark of a very good ref.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2021 14:15]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jarred Gillett on 14:35 - Apr 22 with 591 viewsParkRoyalR

Yep, maybe Nigel Owens (gladly now retired) could take a leaf out of his book!

Its not like Rugby Nigel, its not all about you being the centre of attention, its about trying to let the players play + entertain the fans without your constant interruption + pontificating.
Jarred Gillett on 14:58 - Apr 22 with 557 viewsW7Ranger

He officiated one of our games earlier this year (Millwall at home I think?) and he was good that night too I seem to recall.
Jarred Gillett on 18:35 - Apr 22 with 387 viewsPinnerPaul

Been top Aussie ref for a while.

Mentioned before, he's over here doing some kind of post graduate course/qualification - not related to football.

From Wiki

He has refereed five Hyundai A-League Grand Finals (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018) and has been named the Hyundai A-League Referee of the Year on five occasions (2011/12, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024