Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The referee yesterday 18:08 - Aug 8 with 5306 viewsterryb

Overall, I thought he was quite good, but IMO he made one massive mistake. I expect the refereeing community won't agree & would say that the accessors demoted his mark if he had done as the laws state. Or did do when I twice passed the exam!

After scoring, all of the Millwall team crossed the halfway line to celebrate & the referee then stopped us from kicking off. As there were none of their players in our half of the pitch, we were fully entitled to restart the game. Another pet hate of mine is delaying the game to allow a player to change or put his boot back on! Yes, players have to wear boots, but they can leave the pitch to carry this out.

A comparable poinbt is waiting for a side to get all of their players back on ther pitch for the second half. If they are late returning (this is normally Rangers) he should restart the match & allow the missing players back on when the ball is dead.

On the allowing the kick off when the other team are celebrating, I rememvber that we suffered from this at Ipswich in the Lague Cup in 1983. We equallised with about two minutes left, celebrated in our own half & they correctly kicked off with eleven against four. We lost 2-1!
The referee yesterday on 16:50 - Aug 10 with 467 viewsBexley

The referee yesterday on 16:47 - Aug 10 by PinnerPaul

No worries mate, I always like a good referee discussion, even when most don't agree with me!

That is what refereeing is all about, opinions and angles. Invariably, I reckon the PGMO lot get much more right than they get wrong.
The referee yesterday on 16:54 - Aug 10 with 463 viewsPinnerPaul

The referee yesterday on 16:50 - Aug 10 by Bexley

That is what refereeing is all about, opinions and angles. Invariably, I reckon the PGMO lot get much more right than they get wrong.

We agree at last!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024