Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? 17:45 - Aug 10 with 10656 viewsSK_hoops

Anyone know of any? Don't know that part of London at all.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 17:57 - Aug 10 with 10608 viewsstowmarketrange

There is a supporters club bar at the ground which is £1 to get in,but it only holds 200.The Leyton technical pub is a real ale pub is in the old Leyton town hall.The northcote arms on grove green road is another one.The coach and horses on the high road is home fans only.The Birkbeck tavern on langthorne road is another one according to the football ground guide.
I’m meeting a couple of Orient mates at 5pm so hopefully they’ll know where to go.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:04 - Aug 10 with 10593 viewsJAY

I believe Leyton technical is probably best bet for away fans that is close to the ground (last time I checked they took away fans). Quite nice pub, old converted town hall.

The Birkbeck Tavern is round the back of Leyton station and is as about as much and old school east london boozer as you can get carpet on the floors etc. And I believe also takes away fans, but bit further away from the ground. One of my favourites pubs in the area.

Coach and horses is closest but possibly home fans only

Northcote also another good pub in the area but a bit further out.

I’m in Leytonstone hence the local knowledge... looking forward to this one as a 15 minute walk for me. Will probably go to the technical myself for ease.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:06 - Aug 10 with 10575 viewsJAY

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 17:57 - Aug 10 by stowmarketrange

There is a supporters club bar at the ground which is £1 to get in,but it only holds 200.The Leyton technical pub is a real ale pub is in the old Leyton town hall.The northcote arms on grove green road is another one.The coach and horses on the high road is home fans only.The Birkbeck tavern on langthorne road is another one according to the football ground guide.
I’m meeting a couple of Orient mates at 5pm so hopefully they’ll know where to go.

Looks like I was reading your mind with my reply there...
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:07 - Aug 10 with 10568 viewsSK_hoops

Thanks! Looks like the Birkbeck followed by the Leyton technical then.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:09 - Aug 10 with 10553 viewsstowmarketrange

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:06 - Aug 10 by JAY

Looks like I was reading your mind with my reply there...

I just read the ground guide and tried to remember them while I was posting it.They don’t serve alcohol in the away end if I remember rightly.
Proper pie and mash available in the ground though.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:15]
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:20 - Aug 10 with 10408 viewsbarbicanranger

I went to Leyton Orient as a teenager for an FA Cup replay with my local side where I grew up; Northwich Victoria FC. The home fans smashed our bus up and beat up a load of the traveling Vics fans. We drove back up the M6 on a cold (thankfully dry) night with a broken window on our coach it was freezing.

God speed to all those going.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:33 - Aug 10 with 10365 viewsstowmarketrange

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:20 - Aug 10 by barbicanranger

I went to Leyton Orient as a teenager for an FA Cup replay with my local side where I grew up; Northwich Victoria FC. The home fans smashed our bus up and beat up a load of the traveling Vics fans. We drove back up the M6 on a cold (thankfully dry) night with a broken window on our coach it was freezing.

God speed to all those going.

I think a regular poster on here got a beating at Orient a long time ago.I think it’s all different now as I sat in with the home fans in 2002 with no trouble.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:38 - Aug 10 with 10351 viewsbarbicanranger

Cool. Yeah, it was a sucker punch to beat up a bunch of non-league fans in their big FA Cup outing.
Login to get fewer ads

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:50 - Aug 10 with 10287 viewsBoston

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:33 - Aug 10 by stowmarketrange

I think a regular poster on here got a beating at Orient a long time ago.I think it’s all different now as I sat in with the home fans in 2002 with no trouble.

The recently deceased Dave Frodsham was stabbed after a game there in the early 70’s. Apart from that, two very good mates of mine were bred born and reared a couple of streets up the High Rd from the Coach and Horses. Went to the O’s the occasional time, just twice with the Rangers though and always drank in the aforementioned C&H, which was usually swamped by away fans. The only serious issue I’m aware of occurred about 10/12 years ago when the O’s boys pwoppa, were having a drink in a Liverpool St bar and a rough ‘n’ ready bunch of Rangers happened in. Unfortunately the pleasantries stopped after a couple of pints and mayhem ensued. Sad to say the R’s went over the top and there were a few badly injured Leyton men. Course cctv had them nailed and a fair number served real time for their evenings entertainment.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 19:53]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 23:11 - Aug 10 with 10084 viewsKonk

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 19:50 - Aug 10 by Boston

The recently deceased Dave Frodsham was stabbed after a game there in the early 70’s. Apart from that, two very good mates of mine were bred born and reared a couple of streets up the High Rd from the Coach and Horses. Went to the O’s the occasional time, just twice with the Rangers though and always drank in the aforementioned C&H, which was usually swamped by away fans. The only serious issue I’m aware of occurred about 10/12 years ago when the O’s boys pwoppa, were having a drink in a Liverpool St bar and a rough ‘n’ ready bunch of Rangers happened in. Unfortunately the pleasantries stopped after a couple of pints and mayhem ensued. Sad to say the R’s went over the top and there were a few badly injured Leyton men. Course cctv had them nailed and a fair number served real time for their evenings entertainment.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 19:53]

I used to love Orient away - always drank in the Coach & Horses on the High Road, which was very much an away pub. Got a lot of time for the O’s, but can’t get on with the ground redevelopment; it used to be a great old school, lower division ground. Along with Brentford, the only away ground where I’ve stood/sat in all four stands.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 01:59 - Aug 11 with 9957 viewsBoston

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 23:11 - Aug 10 by Konk

I used to love Orient away - always drank in the Coach & Horses on the High Road, which was very much an away pub. Got a lot of time for the O’s, but can’t get on with the ground redevelopment; it used to be a great old school, lower division ground. Along with Brentford, the only away ground where I’ve stood/sat in all four stands.

Actually, the Brentford contributors to this board may well have a different view of Orient away from the idle chatter I've heard over the years.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 08:21 - Aug 11 with 9872 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 18:09 - Aug 10 by stowmarketrange

I just read the ground guide and tried to remember them while I was posting it.They don’t serve alcohol in the away end if I remember rightly.
Proper pie and mash available in the ground though.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:15]

I just had a look and it says;

Alcohol

O’s Lager (pint): £4.00

IPA Ale (pint): £4.00

Bulmers Cider: £3.80

Red / White / Rose wine: £3.80

https://www.leytonorient.com/away-fans-guide/

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 09:10 - Aug 11 with 9796 viewsstowmarketrange

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 08:21 - Aug 11 by londonscottish

I just had a look and it says;

Alcohol

O’s Lager (pint): £4.00

IPA Ale (pint): £4.00

Bulmers Cider: £3.80

Red / White / Rose wine: £3.80

https://www.leytonorient.com/away-fans-guide/

Thanks mate.I was going by the info on the football ground guide and it says on the bottom that alcohol isn’t available in the ground for away fans.
They probably haven’t sold any wine since they last played Fulham.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2021 10:16]
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 10:50 - Aug 11 with 9708 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 09:10 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

Thanks mate.I was going by the info on the football ground guide and it says on the bottom that alcohol isn’t available in the ground for away fans.

....hmmmm don't fancy piling in and finding it's dry.

I might give them a call.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 11:05 - Aug 11 with 9675 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 09:10 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

FWIW I tried calling them but everythings closed. Sent an email instead.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 12:30 - Aug 11 with 9604 viewsstowmarketrange

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 10:50 - Aug 11 by londonscottish

....hmmmm don't fancy piling in and finding it's dry.

I might give them a call.

There is definitely a supporters bar that allows away fans in for £1,but it’s only a small venue.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 12:58 - Aug 11 with 9575 viewsrobith

As a kinda local, got to be the Tech imo
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 13:48 - Aug 11 with 9517 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 12:30 - Aug 11 by stowmarketrange

There is definitely a supporters bar that allows away fans in for £1,but it’s only a small venue.

That was also listed on their website - as a separate thing.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 13:54 - Aug 11 with 9508 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 12:58 - Aug 11 by robith

Thanks R

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 13:58 - Aug 11 with 9496 viewsDieByYourSide

Birkbeck Tavern likely to be any good for a mixed group of R's/O's?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 14:02 - Aug 11 with 9483 viewsstowmarketrange

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 13:58 - Aug 11 by DieByYourSide

Birkbeck Tavern likely to be any good for a mixed group of R's/O's?

It was mentioned by an away fan in the ground guide as a decent pub.
Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 16:30 - Aug 11 with 9309 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It doesn't mention alcohol in the ground guide on the QPR app.

It does say "The stadium offers a range of refreshments inside, with pie and mash, sausage rolls, hotdogs, nachos, chicken wings and a range of snacks serving the needs of many. Leyton Orient also offer a range of soft and hot drinks"

So I'm assuming no alcohol inside.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 16:52 - Aug 11 with 9273 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 16:30 - Aug 11 by CliveWilsonSaid

It doesn't mention alcohol in the ground guide on the QPR app.

It does say "The stadium offers a range of refreshments inside, with pie and mash, sausage rolls, hotdogs, nachos, chicken wings and a range of snacks serving the needs of many. Leyton Orient also offer a range of soft and hot drinks"

So I'm assuming no alcohol inside.

Molly from the club assures me it will.

I emailed them asking "QPR fan here - can I buy beer in the away end tonight?".

She replied with "Alcohol will be server inside the ground".

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 20:59 - Aug 11 with 9149 viewsBoston

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 16:52 - Aug 11 by londonscottish

Molly from the club assures me it will.

I emailed them asking "QPR fan here - can I buy beer in the away end tonight?".

She replied with "Alcohol will be server inside the ground".

Alcohol will be server....nice touch, a waiter.

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 13:21 - Aug 12 with 8904 viewslondonscottish

Decent pubs near Leyton Orient ground? on 12:58 - Aug 11 by robith

In the end I was running late. I did swing by the Tech (which I thought was great) but the people I was trying to meet had already legged it to the ground so I headed off there instead.

Good recommendation all the same.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024