Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 11:06 - Dec 1 with 11899 viewsNotLoyal

It’s here at last, the hardest of all hard away games in a place in the middle of the borough. The cold wind and hailstones coming in from the east. The homely inspired dentistry from a local man will determine this fixture. The Boro are gnawing away at the middle of the table just like the swans. There’s nothing in this except a good old root canal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:06 - Dec 4 with 1321 viewsDr_Winston

No real reason why we can't challenge for top six with the right moves in January. Most people understand the concept of a work in progress.

Need to cut out the repeating mistakes though. Lessons have to be learned on and off the pitch.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 1316 viewsThornburyswan

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 16:55 - Dec 4 by LittleEnglandJack

Just one of those days by the looks of it. We never seem to get anything at Boro.

I don't actually think we've been all that bad today, a couple of kamikaze moments at the back aside.

The ref giving that as a free kick against Manning pretty much sums up our day.

Thought we were too passive in the first half, but better second & if Piroe had taken either of his two decent chances we’d have nicked a point which we probably deserved.

With our zero pace once we go behind if the opposition is happy to sit back & let us knock the ball around & play on the break we simply don’t work their goalkeeper enough to turn the game around - I’m expecting a similar challenge next Saturday.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:07 - Dec 4 with 1311 viewsGwyn737

Second angle here is conclusive IMO

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:09 - Dec 4 with 1285 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

From day one of this season, we have been getting caught out in defence through our centre backs standing on the half way line, sometimes even in the opponents half. Long balls over the top have proven to be something we cannot deal with due to the lack of pace in our defence - even Kyle Walker would struggle. It was only a few weeks ago Andy Carroll was able to sprint in behind our defence for heaven's sake.

Why does Martin still pursue this tactic of pushing our defence so high? None of them contribute anything going forward. It isn't as if they're stepping forward with the ball and pinging passes out to each wing etc. They just stand still, on their toes - sometimes not even in a line - and hope nobody kicks the ball over their heads.

It is bizzare.

The delusion amongst some supporters as to how we are doing is staggering. We aren't progressing at the moment. Let's hope we are able to do so once "Russ has got the players" to play this way.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:11 - Dec 4 with 1262 viewsNotLoyal

And it's goodnight from me, and I do belive it will be goodnight from him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:13 - Dec 4 with 1241 viewsAlgorfajack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:09 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

From day one of this season, we have been getting caught out in defence through our centre backs standing on the half way line, sometimes even in the opponents half. Long balls over the top have proven to be something we cannot deal with due to the lack of pace in our defence - even Kyle Walker would struggle. It was only a few weeks ago Andy Carroll was able to sprint in behind our defence for heaven's sake.

Why does Martin still pursue this tactic of pushing our defence so high? None of them contribute anything going forward. It isn't as if they're stepping forward with the ball and pinging passes out to each wing etc. They just stand still, on their toes - sometimes not even in a line - and hope nobody kicks the ball over their heads.

It is bizzare.

The delusion amongst some supporters as to how we are doing is staggering. We aren't progressing at the moment. Let's hope we are able to do so once "Russ has got the players" to play this way.

Dwight, Sometimes you make some obvious 'wind up' posts & I despair.

Then you make an astute post like this & you are on point for me.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:16 - Dec 4 with 1218 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:06 - Dec 4 by Dr_Winston

No real reason why we can't challenge for top six with the right moves in January. Most people understand the concept of a work in progress.

Need to cut out the repeating mistakes though. Lessons have to be learned on and off the pitch.

Right moves in January, need at least 3 or 4 players ready to come in and play, no pace in the side at the back or up front, nobody to break up the opposition down or breakdown teams.

2nd half we may have tried harder, but Borough either broke our play up or we took wrong options.

Massive work in progress.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:20 - Dec 4 with 1190 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:11 - Dec 4 by NotLoyal

Peanuts and Beer time for me, don't want to see a football let alone any actual games.

Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:21 - Dec 4 with 1184 viewsKeithHaynes

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:11 - Dec 4 by NotLoyal

Yup.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 1176 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:09 - Dec 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is bizzare.

Difficult to argue with any of that to be fair.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:28 - Dec 4 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 16:57 - Dec 4 by Flashberryjack

I thought we would have made the play offs again this season, but with a better chance of success, unfortunately I can't see that happening now.

I've been saying it, there's still lots of work to do. I haven't paid any attention to the football today, in fact I was asleep on the sofa. Turning this on though and reading the comments, it's another deja vu performance. Slow, negative, scared. It's everything I came to dislike about Cooper.

Martin has to get his act together, this is a big test. Williams has to go back, Grimes needs to shape up or ship out and so does Obafemi.
It seems fair to say that when times get hard, Grimes hides.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:28 - Dec 4 with 1118 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:47 - Dec 4 by shingle

Is it sarcasm or is he able to see the bigger picture a little clearer than you.

I have questioned Martin from the beginning..hos obsession with possesion again today lots if pointless sideways and backwards passing even when forward options available.
Let's consider his selections playing players out of position playing on their wrong strong side ...pitting Naughton against tall strong forwards.
Whittaker didn't appear to have an attitude problem last season. .yes he had that reputation but why this season? then again in any walk of life if you perform ie score a hat trick yet get overlooked continuously for someone who does little wouldn't you get an attitude
why discard a versatile 27 year old midfielder for a 30 year old who constantly underperformed
Manager who believed we went to to toe with Fulham yet when they had the ball tore through us and scored...yet we having most of the possession were toothless.
we were better second half today but as others have said good managers will have us sussed.. .

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:30 - Dec 4 with 1111 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like another display of pretty passing without any end result. Still need to get the ball forward quicker instead of letting the opposition time to organise defensivly.

Slipped below halfway in table.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:33 - Dec 4 with 1083 viewsonehunglow

Seems Martin is being criticised on this site.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:41 - Dec 4 with 1051 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 15:47 - Dec 4 by shingle

Is it sarcasm or is he able to see the bigger picture a little clearer than you.

Definitely sarcasm, though we could ask him ? Any sarcasm in your post vetch ?
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:42 - Dec 4 with 1043 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:33 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

Is he immune from criticism or are you happy with being in lower part of table.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:45 - Dec 4 with 1027 viewsTreforys_Jack

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:42 - Dec 4 by felixstowe_jack

We can definitely criticise team selection today without a doubt.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:46 - Dec 4 with 1015 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:42 - Dec 4 by felixstowe_jack

1.It all tarts with Martin.
2.He is in no way a great coach
3.He does not merit the ludicrous love on here
4.We are utterly ineffective
5.He selects the team
6.He is responsible for results
7.Results drive the club
8.Results fund the club
9.He should develop players.He doesnt
10.He selects Grimes as captai.As weak and fey a captain as we have ever had

Hope not to have upset the Admin with these comments but I read all opinion were welcomed.

Finally, we need to look to replace Martin and reset.

So there.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:50 - Dec 4 with 1004 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:33 - Dec 4 by onehunglow

The team today was miles away from the team that beat WBA and Cardiff, had to fathom out as both teams selected were virtually the same.

We had chances, but couldn't hit a Cows arse with a Banjo, we haven't played for a week and the way we played you'd swear we'd played twice since last Saturday.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:56]

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:57 - Dec 4 with 955 viewsonehunglow

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:50 - Dec 4 by max936

The team today was miles away from the team that beat WBA and Cardiff, had to fathom out as both teams selected were virtually the same.

We had chances, but couldn't hit a Cows arse with a Banjo, we haven't played for a week and the way we played you'd swear we'd played twice since last Saturday.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 17:56]

and this is down to the manager .
It's that simple

The manager prepares and selects the team and results define his competency

And we are told to wait until January for reinforcements? One of which apparently a kid at MK Dons as he is good" on the ball".Nothing about hot saving capability though.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:12 - Dec 4 with 915 viewsshingle

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 16:55 - Dec 4 by LittleEnglandJack

Just one of those days by the looks of it. We never seem to get anything at Boro.

I don't actually think we've been all that bad today, a couple of kamikaze moments at the back aside.

The ref giving that as a free kick against Manning pretty much sums up our day.

Just another one of those days guess we are going to have to put up with these comments for quite a while yet.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:17 - Dec 4 with 897 viewsvetchonian

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 17:41 - Dec 4 by Treforys_Jack

Definitely sarcasm, though we could ask him ? Any sarcasm in your post vetch ?

A little but read my other post too
Let’s take a perspective 1 win in 4 games and that against a side who had only had 2 wins this season
We have dominated possession in virtually all our games yet we have lost more than we have won
Martin had a similar record at MK Dons and even at the end of last season after one and three quarter seasons in charge he was asking for patience as they were building…..
I’m not convinced that switching personnel in January will yield a step change it’s his philosophy and his set up that’s the issue

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:18 - Dec 4 with 884 viewsshingle

Early days yet, i would imagine it will take while for reality to sink in with many on here, i will say this time next year,they will be all wanting Martin gone, question is then will those in charge be capable of appointing some one decent and just as importantly support him which is very doubtful.
Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:21 - Dec 4 with 871 viewsmax936

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:17 - Dec 4 by vetchonian

A little but read my other post too
Let’s take a perspective 1 win in 4 games and that against a side who had only had 2 wins this season
We have dominated possession in virtually all our games yet we have lost more than we have won
Martin had a similar record at MK Dons and even at the end of last season after one and three quarter seasons in charge he was asking for patience as they were building…..
I’m not convinced that switching personnel in January will yield a step change it’s his philosophy and his set up that’s the issue

Work in progress mun, my opinion is that Winter needs to put his size 12 steelies on and kick Martin up the arse.

Middlesbrough v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 on 18:25 - Dec 4 with 855 viewsJohnw102

“I thought we were outstanding in the second half, I will take that performance every single week. I thought we were excellent to a man,” said Martin

“Flynn Downes, Ben Cabango, Kyle Naughton, Matt Grimes. I could go through the whole team.

Wish I had watched that game!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024