Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... 17:45 - Mar 5 with 6995 viewsthompsonridd

.....we needed a striker in January!!
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 14:50 - Mar 7 with 1083 viewsParkRoyalR

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 14:36 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Gray has 6 and has Clive has pointed out if that 'hasn't worked', there's an awful lot of strikers signed in this league who 'haven't worked'

Think we're in danger of letting a bad month (and a bit) cloud our judgement - 3rd highest scorers in the league maybe points to the fact that picking over the faults of our strikeforce in ever greater detail and throwing in wild guesses (because however you dress it up, that's what they are) about salaries maybe isn't the way to go?

I would'nt call an assumption that Austin and Gray are our highest earners 'wild guesses', 'educated guesses' maybe more accurate, but I am sure if you asked our fan-base who are our two highest earners, a large majority would give 'educated guesses' as to it being these two.

I feel Gray is becoming another scape-goat / decoy for those who are completely underwhelmed with Austin's performances this season. Its almost like they cannot accept how poor Austin has been without saying well Gray's not much better and neither is Dykes.

I admire Warburton's work ethic and professionalism and have confidence he will fix this problem in the close season.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 15:28 - Mar 7 with 1000 viewsDannytheR

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 14:36 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Gray has 6 and has Clive has pointed out if that 'hasn't worked', there's an awful lot of strikers signed in this league who 'haven't worked'

Think we're in danger of letting a bad month (and a bit) cloud our judgement - 3rd highest scorers in the league maybe points to the fact that picking over the faults of our strikeforce in ever greater detail and throwing in wild guesses (because however you dress it up, that's what they are) about salaries maybe isn't the way to go?

If you're seriously arguing Gray *has* worked out for us, we'll just have to agree to differ.

It also doesn't feel much of a 'wild guess' to assume signing Austin on a permanent deal will have taken up a decent chunk of our budget. Strikers don't come cheap, especially when they're only a season and a half out of the Premiership. There's a reason why Dykes had been the first one we'd signed permanently in 3 and a half years. Clearly we pushed the boat out a bit to get the Austin deal done. Hardly schoolgirl gossip to say so.

Can't help thinking the tone of your post might be better used on someone who didn't explicitly credit the excellent work the recruitment set-up has done elsewhere, or had even demanded that we sign someone else in January. 3rd highest scorers in the league is great, obviously. But the fact that Gray and Austin have 12 goals between them feels quite a lot less impressive, especially when you consider how patchy/non-existent their contribution has often been to the rest of our game.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 15:29]
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 15:33 - Mar 7 with 982 viewsPinnerPaul

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 14:50 - Mar 7 by ParkRoyalR

I would'nt call an assumption that Austin and Gray are our highest earners 'wild guesses', 'educated guesses' maybe more accurate, but I am sure if you asked our fan-base who are our two highest earners, a large majority would give 'educated guesses' as to it being these two.

I feel Gray is becoming another scape-goat / decoy for those who are completely underwhelmed with Austin's performances this season. Its almost like they cannot accept how poor Austin has been without saying well Gray's not much better and neither is Dykes.

I admire Warburton's work ethic and professionalism and have confidence he will fix this problem in the close season.

Austin, hmmm maybe, but its still a guess and you are guessing what all the others are on as well.

Gray, as above, PLUS we have no idea what % of his unknown wage we are paying, so yep I'm sticking with 'wild' on THAT one!
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 15:36 - Mar 7 with 963 viewsPinnerPaul

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 15:28 - Mar 7 by DannytheR

If you're seriously arguing Gray *has* worked out for us, we'll just have to agree to differ.

It also doesn't feel much of a 'wild guess' to assume signing Austin on a permanent deal will have taken up a decent chunk of our budget. Strikers don't come cheap, especially when they're only a season and a half out of the Premiership. There's a reason why Dykes had been the first one we'd signed permanently in 3 and a half years. Clearly we pushed the boat out a bit to get the Austin deal done. Hardly schoolgirl gossip to say so.

Can't help thinking the tone of your post might be better used on someone who didn't explicitly credit the excellent work the recruitment set-up has done elsewhere, or had even demanded that we sign someone else in January. 3rd highest scorers in the league is great, obviously. But the fact that Gray and Austin have 12 goals between them feels quite a lot less impressive, especially when you consider how patchy/non-existent their contribution has often been to the rest of our game.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2022 15:29]

Apologies Danny, any 'tone' wasn't directed at you.

Sticking with my and borrowing Clive's point - 12 goals for 2 strikers is a lot more than many other strikers in this div, bought in for more money.

Nice try on the wages but the fact that lots of people would make the same 'guess' doesn't make it any less of a guess.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 19:22 - Mar 7 with 827 views1JD

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 15:36 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Apologies Danny, any 'tone' wasn't directed at you.

Sticking with my and borrowing Clive's point - 12 goals for 2 strikers is a lot more than many other strikers in this div, bought in for more money.

Nice try on the wages but the fact that lots of people would make the same 'guess' doesn't make it any less of a guess.

Oh, come on. Whilst we fans do not have access to wage slips, it’s pretty damn obvious that Johansen, Austin, and Gray will be top earners at the club given where they come from. The average premier league wage is 50k a week.

It’s also highly likely the club further increased our wage structure as a result, given the recently announced 20/21 wage bill increase of a cool +4m. That +4m increase last season included Austin and Johansen on half season loans.

In fact, I dread to think what further amount we have increased this wage bill this season in order to accommodate these three.
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 20:21 - Mar 7 with 758 viewsMyke

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 19:22 - Mar 7 by 1JD

Oh, come on. Whilst we fans do not have access to wage slips, it’s pretty damn obvious that Johansen, Austin, and Gray will be top earners at the club given where they come from. The average premier league wage is 50k a week.

It’s also highly likely the club further increased our wage structure as a result, given the recently announced 20/21 wage bill increase of a cool +4m. That +4m increase last season included Austin and Johansen on half season loans.

In fact, I dread to think what further amount we have increased this wage bill this season in order to accommodate these three.

Maybe they are our highest earners. But if we we hadn't 'pushed the boat out' for these three, you know what would happen, don't you? We'd we accused of 'lacking ambition'
GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 20:32 - Mar 7 with 737 viewsParkRoyalR

GALLEN WAS RIGHT...... on 20:21 - Mar 7 by Myke

Maybe they are our highest earners. But if we we hadn't 'pushed the boat out' for these three, you know what would happen, don't you? We'd we accused of 'lacking ambition'

Yep, and one's carrying on like some Love Island celebrity wannabee while hanging his Manager (a thoroughly decent person) out to dry.

And guess who our fans are turning on, the bloke working 24/7 to improve our club, or the one tweeting about recommending a decent curry house for him and Goldstein, as thats just what he needs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024