Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer reading 12:35 - Jun 7 with 2037 viewsSonofNorfolt

Yes you lucky people, 'Guilty by association' is a perfect fit for lying next to the pool with, at least to throw at the waiter to attract his attention or hitting unruly kids with.
I've been waiting for a reader to give it the thumbs up so you'll just have to take my word on how good it is. Very.

£13 plus £3 postage, message me melh64@hotmail.co.uk
Summer reading on 12:49 - Jun 7 with 1991 viewsthemodfather

finally reading this signed copy!! just past the bit where you go to colditz, if they knew you they'd
have kept you in lol
Summer reading on 12:50 - Jun 7 with 1985 views81A

I did just that and read it cover to cover in Tenerife last week. If you fancy reading tales of football, travel and drinking on an industrial scale, interspersed with a hint of wit and historical insight, then this is the tome for you.
Summer reading on 14:15 - Jun 7 with 1855 viewsjohann28

I'd also recommend:

Ian Marchant - The Longest Crawl (For pub-lovers)
John Higgs - Watling Street (Travel with knowledge and wit Bill Bryson style)
Norman Baker - And What Do You Do (Best book against the monarchy I've come across)
Harari - Sapiens: A Brief History of Mankind (Astonishing work, wish I'd written it)
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 14:16]
Summer reading on 14:54 - Jun 7 with 1816 viewsMrSheen

Just finishing The Wake by Paul Kingsnorth, not new (2014), but I just heard of it. It’s written from the view of an English (or Aenglisc) farmer after the Norman Conquest, in the author’s own version of Anglo-Saxon. Once you get used to it, it really adds depth to the story and the character is extraordinarily well-written despite or because of it. Can’t recommend it highly enough, best novel I’ve read since I-don’t-know-when.
Summer reading on 16:34 - Jun 7 with 1728 viewsSonofNorfolt

I'm reluctant to use Amazon so will stick with direct from me for now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024