Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players in out 22/23 09:50 - Jul 12 with 3041 viewsstanistheman

Apart from the extra keepers we signed and then let go these are the main exits.
Austin Ball Barbet De Wijs Gray McCallum Odebajo Wallace and only signed Clarke-Salter, Paal & Roberts. Even if we add bringing back Masterson and Bonne it still only makes 5 to replace the 8 that have left. I didn’t include Sanderson or Hendrick . We already had a small squad and with 5 subs allowed we surely need to bring in another 4 or 5.
I know we want to give the young players more chances than Warburton gave them, but unless we see them play in the friendly games we are only able to guess at how they might perform.
We all surely know that the likes of Kakay Hamalainen Owens (only able to guess as he has always been injured) Thomas Gubbins are not Championship quality. The season kicks off in less than 3 weeks and then we will have games coming up every 3 or 4 days until the window shuts in September.
I had hoped for more than the 3 signings by now, but if we are only signing freebies and loans I shouldn’t be surprised really.
Players in out 22/23 on 10:26 - Jul 12 with 2917 viewsMaggsinho

Don't worry, we'll sign plenty of players. If we're going to be using the loan market that won't kick in until the season almost starts.

We'll sign at least another two strikers, a right back and a midfielder I bet.
Players in out 22/23 on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 2907 viewsMyke

I think several of the players you mentioned Thomas, kakay Shodipo will be the squad. I am actually happy with the business we have done so far especially Robert's as I thought strikers would be later coming in
Players in out 22/23 on 10:54 - Jul 12 with 2838 viewsstanistheman

Players in out 22/23 on 10:28 - Jul 12 by Myke

I think several of the players you mentioned Thomas, kakay Shodipo will be the squad. I am actually happy with the business we have done so far especially Robert's as I thought strikers would be later coming in

I agree that those players will be in the squad and that is a worry, because Thomas , whilst plenty of effort and energy, has not shown that he is good enough at Championship level. He has not shown any end product or composure in front of the goal when given the chance.

Kakay is a liability and the least said about Hamalainen the better, yet they are our back up players and will be on the bench.

If the aim is for a top 6 challenge we will need better.

Hopefully Shodipo will be an improvement on what he was before he went out on his loans to Oxford and Sheffield Wednesday.
Players in out 22/23 on 11:55 - Jul 12 with 2728 viewsMyke

Players in out 22/23 on 10:54 - Jul 12 by stanistheman

I agree that those players will be in the squad and that is a worry, because Thomas , whilst plenty of effort and energy, has not shown that he is good enough at Championship level. He has not shown any end product or composure in front of the goal when given the chance.

Kakay is a liability and the least said about Hamalainen the better, yet they are our back up players and will be on the bench.

If the aim is for a top 6 challenge we will need better.

Hopefully Shodipo will be an improvement on what he was before he went out on his loans to Oxford and Sheffield Wednesday.

But where has it been suggested we are aiming for a top 6 finish? I'm certainly mot expecting that. What I'm hoping for is a top half finish and a stellar season from one player (most likely Willock) which will lead to a big money move this time next year
Players in out 22/23 on 17:21 - Jul 12 with 2494 viewsstanistheman

Players in out 22/23 on 11:55 - Jul 12 by Myke

But where has it been suggested we are aiming for a top 6 finish? I'm certainly mot expecting that. What I'm hoping for is a top half finish and a stellar season from one player (most likely Willock) which will lead to a big money move this time next year

Good to see such ambitions at QPR.

As the squad stands or even with 2 or 3 more additional players (depending on who)
I don’t expect a top half finish, but do wonder what the point of not keeping Warburton was if all the club wants is a mid table season.
Players in out 22/23 on 18:00 - Jul 12 with 2414 viewsMyke

Players in out 22/23 on 17:21 - Jul 12 by stanistheman

As the squad stands or even with 2 or 3 more additional players (depending on who)
I don’t expect a top half finish, but do wonder what the point of not keeping Warburton was if all the club wants is a mid table season.

What part of the incremental process of improvement illustrates lack of ambition? We have 5 or 6 players (without really knowing much about Salter and Paal) that should leave us too good for a relegation battle (Dieng/Dickie/Field/Stef/Willock/Chair) but we are equally 5 or 6 short of top material, so mid-table is the logical conclusion. So that, the overall improvement of the younger players and one player really kicking on for a big money sale is what a successful season looks like to me.
Of course it could all go breasts up and we replicate the end of last season with the beginning of this and Beale could be gone by Christmas - but the same risk was hanging over Warburton
Players in out 22/23 on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 2165 viewsfrancisbowles

Players in out 22/23 on 17:21 - Jul 12 by stanistheman

The club wants to recruit younger, smarter and cheaper, as well as go more with the players we have. Something Mark wasn't willing to embrace and as he was out of contract it was a convenient time.

What the outcome will be we wait to see.
Players in out 22/23 on 09:47 - Jul 13 with 2113 viewsTonto

one of the notable remarks in Clive's Beale interview was that Beale said we only lost 2 starters...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Players in out 22/23 on 10:07 - Jul 13 with 2063 viewsSydneyRs

Players in out 22/23 on 11:55 - Jul 12 by Myke

Beale pretty much said it in his interview with Clive.
Players in out 22/23 on 12:56 - Jul 13 with 1935 viewsderbyhoop

I made a similar point earlier.
9 out, including 3 keepers, but only 3 in.
I suspect we will add some more, probably at least 2 loanees. It won't happen until PL sides have confirmed their squads.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players in out 22/23 on 13:36 - Jul 13 with 1894 viewsLogman

It's all dealt with in Beale's interview. Looking to get a few more in and confident that we will have enough in the next few weeks to get going. May need to top up later on in the season. End of (for now).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024