Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens before next season? 14:45 - Apr 23 with 12130 viewsSnipper

Yesterday’s astonishing result means we’re likely to still be in the Championship next season.

There’s no doubt about it, there needs to be an overhaul in players and upstairs.

1. What should happen?

2. What will happen?
What happens before next season? on 14:09 - Apr 25 with 957 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What happens before next season? on 10:46 - Apr 25 by Antti_Heinola

Good point Baz, but sadly irrelevant. Fans have been treated as 'customers' for such a long time now, that they have become 'customers' not fans. That's why the demands have elevated.

True.
What happens before next season? on 17:47 - Apr 26 with 571 viewsPinnerPaul

What happens before next season? on 23:20 - Apr 24 by davman

I get that Paul, but surely saving unnecessary money will mean that the owners don't end up putting £2m a month in. Next season could be an utter disaster and they may well get p'd off eventually. When that happens, we need our bills to be lower than they are right now.

The number of staff highlighted in the accounts was inexplicably high for the output they are producing. I can't see how it is value for money at all. I mean everyone goes on about the B team, 'cos they actually won a few games, but aside from Dixon-Bonner none of them are realistically anywhere near a Championship First Team are they?

Fair enough - all good points.

Just pointing out that, as you say, IF we got rid of academy and all associated costs, would help the owners, but not FFP so much - bonkers as that sounds!
What happens before next season? on 17:52 - Apr 26 with 553 viewsPinnerPaul

What happens before next season? on 07:10 - Apr 25 by SimonD

While the £4m is an estimate, I’ve said on a number of occasions that of Swiss Ramble, the man that Kieran Maguire refers to as “The Guvnor”, not just that of a very irregular contributor to this forum.

However, I think, in this instance, you are focusing on the wrong number. It is the £10 million shortfall that is important. This isn’t a number that was reached as a result of a number of estimates applied to the previous sets of accounts. It was first announced at a meeting that Clive, I and a number of others attended at the new training facility by that bastion of integrity, Mr M. Beale esq. I initially dismissed it a “expectation management” but revisited it as a result of Clive referring to it more than once, and the numbers agreeing to it readily fell into place.

Yesssssss BUT none of that changes the fact that the £4M per year for allowable FFP costs IS an estimate.

As we've said many times over the years, never a wise move to believe most of what managers say - whoever they are and whatever they are talking about - bit when its Beale, the P & L and FFP allowable costs, I'm upping that % to 100%!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024