Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away support 18:10 - May 16 with 3761 viewsPaddyhoops

14th best travelling support in the championship.
I usually take in 3 or 4 away games a season but I take my hat off the fans that travel on our a regular basis . You’re all legends. We take on average 1300 which when you consider it’s a Northern league is a very decent numbers.
I would expect it to rise next season with Southampton and more than likely Leicester coming down.
Mind you not sure how long the faithful will put up with 20% possession.
Away support on 19:40 - May 16 with 3540 viewshantssi

I wonder where we’d be as a %age of home support?
Away support on 20:14 - May 16 with 3453 viewsBoston

Got the link to that away support numbers, mate?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Away support on 20:24 - May 16 with 3437 viewsHunterhoop

Away support on 19:40 - May 16 by hantssi

I wonder where we’d be as a %age of home support?

Exactly. That’s the key stat.
Away support on 20:57 - May 16 with 3350 viewsPaddyhoops

I’m in the lower loft standing and I’m surrounded by a lot young people, relatively speaking so although I agree our support base is on the middle age scale , I’m encouraged by the young kids coming along .
Their attention span is another thing though and lots of disappear five minutes before half time never to be seen again for half an hour!
Away support on 22:25 - May 16 with 3135 viewsNorthernr

The geography of the league this year was brutal for the home and awayers. Multiple long distance trips on the most expensive, most disrupted, least reliable train line of all of them - all to sht places.
Away support on 22:43 - May 16 with 3055 viewsstainrods_elbow

I've said it before and I'll say it again - they don't deserve us.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Away support on 22:47 - May 16 with 3050 viewsLazyFan

Away support on 22:25 - May 16 by Northernr

The geography of the league this year was brutal for the home and awayers. Multiple long distance trips on the most expensive, most disrupted, least reliable train line of all of them - all to sht places.

This ...

If you put that in as a co-efficient, then I suspect we would be much higher.

Now imagine the trips the Southampton fans will have to do, especially last they are likely to be winning most games, so they will want to go.

Lucky I am a lazy fecker and mere keyboard warrior that I can cowardly wimp out of going away.

zzzzzzzzzz

Away support on 23:06 - May 16 with 2991 viewswombat

Away support on 22:47 - May 16 by LazyFan

This ...

Now imagine the trips the Southampton fans will have to do, especially last they are likely to be winning most games, so they will want to go.

Lucky I am a lazy fecker and mere keyboard warrior that I can cowardly wimp out of going away.

I missed a few away games , Swansea cardiff and Preston and still managed 5800 miles last season . It was a brutal league and drove or was driven to all of the away games .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Away support on 23:12 - May 16 with 2977 viewsLblock

First season EVER that I can recall not doing a single away game at all (lockdown season excluded)

That’s in something like 38 years

I’m amazed at myself

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Away support on 12:01 - May 17 with 2725 viewsNorthernr

Away support on 22:47 - May 16 by LazyFan

This ...

Big thing next year is we've lost a few of the Preston Avanti trips - Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan have gone, and been replaced by southern teams Southampton, Plymouth and Ipswich. That's a big improvement.

Reading was a fcking sht trip anyway, would far rather do Peterborough or Barnsley. Bolton would be a big blow, dire awayday.
Away support on 12:10 - May 17 with 2701 viewslosethedrum

Away support on 12:01 - May 17 by Northernr

Big thing next year is we've lost a few of the Preston Avanti trips - Burnley, Blackpool and Wigan have gone, and been replaced by southern teams Southampton, Plymouth and Ipswich. That's a big improvement.

Reading was a fcking sht trip anyway, would far rather do Peterborough or Barnsley. Bolton would be a big blow, dire awayday.

Reading was an awful away day but i wonder if this new station due to open this month may have improved transpot to & from the ground somewhat .

https://www.gwr.com/stations-and-destinations/stations/new-stations/reading-gree
Away support on 12:34 - May 17 with 2634 viewsNorthernr

Away support on 12:10 - May 17 by losethedrum

Reading was an awful away day but i wonder if this new station due to open this month may have improved transpot to & from the ground somewhat .

https://www.gwr.com/stations-and-destinations/stations/new-stations/reading-gree

Three coach trains on a relatively infrequent line - I suspect it'll more likely be added to that uniquely British collection of train stations built to serve football grounds that have to close on matchdays because they can't cope with the number of people using them. See also Stadium of Light, Coventry Arena.
Away support on 13:24 - May 17 with 2520 viewsTGRRRSSS

Isnt Plymouth further than quite a few northern trips? Albeit easier via train (provided they arent on strike obviously.
Away support on 13:28 - May 17 with 2500 viewsstowmarketrange

Away support on 12:01 - May 17 by Northernr

If Peterborough come up via the playoffs I won’t be going this time.After the amount of idiots that went the season before this one,I couldn’t put up with it again.
Barnsley or bolton would be ok I guess.
Away support on 13:31 - May 17 with 2481 viewsterryb

Away support on 13:24 - May 17 by TGRRRSSS

Isnt Plymouth further than quite a few northern trips? Albeit easier via train (provided they arent on strike obviously.

Just over three hours from Paddington, but it is a direct train.

I would strongly advise booking seats on the train, as they are often crowded & Great Western appear to me to reserve more seats than any of the other companies. Not that I use many going notrh!
Away support on 13:59 - May 17 with 2386 viewsNorthernr

Yes, but it's a nice place.
Away support on 19:22 - May 17 with 2123 viewskernowhoop

Fastest train roughly three hours from Paddington. Most trains roughly three and a half hours. I am on one of the latter now... and it is running about 15 minutes late 😞
Away support on 23:59 - May 18 with 1763 viewswombat

Away support on 19:22 - May 17 by kernowhoop

Fastest train roughly three hours from Paddington. Most trains roughly three and a half hours. I am on one of the latter now... and it is running about 15 minutes late 😞

But the trains won’t be running Boxing Day to Plymouth esp for a 1230 ko

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Away support on 07:58 - May 19 with 1615 viewsNortholt_Rs

Away support on 22:25 - May 16 by Northernr

…..and to watch a shít team.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024