Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry on that penalty miss. 14:15 - Jun 3 with 2036 viewsBluce_Ree

Saw a bit of this interview with John Terry talking to Stephen Hendry. At about 17m30s he starts talking about the effect that miss had on him.

Apparently, it still haunts him to this day and he wakes up in the middle of the night because of it. It's clear to see what a profound effect that one moment had on him and how it genuinely affected him. It's etched in his face.

You know, it's easy to hate someone like John Terry but we all have to remember that moments like that in football can have a massive impact on a person's wellbeing and sense of self and we should strive to be a bit more mindful of that.

But then I think, haha f**k you, c*nt! You ate absolute shit and it remains one of the greatest moments of all time. Hilarious falling over tw@t!

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

John Terry on that penalty miss. on 17:25 - Jun 3 with 1784 viewstraininvain

One of my favourite moments watching football. Rewatched it recently. Easy to forget that if he’d scored the penalty it would’ve won Chelsea the champions league. Doesn’t bear thinking about.
John Terry on that penalty miss. on 17:42 - Jun 3 with 1751 viewsthemodfather

does he still claim wayne bridge tripped him up on his run up lol!!
cry baby cry!
John Terry on that penalty miss. on 19:19 - Jun 3 with 1623 viewsBluce_Ree

John Terry on that penalty miss. on 17:25 - Jun 3 by traininvain

One of my favourite moments watching football. Rewatched it recently. Easy to forget that if he’d scored the penalty it would’ve won Chelsea the champions league. Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Even though Chelsea allegedly went on to win it a few years later, thus ruining football forever and actually making me going from really hating to Chelsea (in a borderline unhealthy way) to basically not caring about them (although still hoping a meteor lands on Stamford Bridge on match day because, you know, f*ck them), I still take it as a massive win that we've got the John Terry moment.

It's like look, Chelsea bummed us all in the gob, and you can't have your gob unbummed, but to see the pain in John's eyes as he relives that night, it takes my pain away. I'll remember 2008 a lot more than whatever year they won it. I can't even remember who the c**ts were that they beat that night.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

John Terry on that penalty miss. on 16:22 - Jun 4 with 1266 viewsterryb

It's strange how this still haunts him & obviously thinks everyone should feel sorry for him, but he won't accept that he caused psychological damage to Anton Ferdinand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024