Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report 21:12 - Aug 13 with 7875 viewsNorthernr

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report 13th Aug 2023 20:36
Kif, QPR have won away from home, inform the men. 13

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 07:53 - Aug 15 with 726 viewsDejR_vu

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 16:30 - Aug 14 by simmo

I definitely think the new shape and way of playing caught them a little cold, but ultimately I think they just didn't expect to have to do anything but turn up. Tbf - you can't blame them impossible to assume we'd improve that much within a week with largely the same personnel.

I'm hoping teams continue assume that of us, at least until we get a chance to settle the squad and add some depth.

The biggest challenge is going to be GA finding a way to get results against teams who’ve done their homework and sussed us out. IMO his ability to read things and make changes that influence the game is one of his biggest weaknesses. It looks to me that he’s spent 10 years in a league where if you just keep bashing at the door long enough, eventually, sometimes, it works. It’s going to need something else against most of the managers we’re coming up against this season. Either he or someone on the coaching staff is going to have to come up with ways to mix the shape and tactics a bit pre-game and within it. He did, at least, change things at half time against Watford, but that was crying out for a change after five minutes.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 16:40 - Aug 15 with 558 viewsCLAREMAN1995

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 07:53 - Aug 15 by DejR_vu

The biggest challenge is going to be GA finding a way to get results against teams who’ve done their homework and sussed us out. IMO his ability to read things and make changes that influence the game is one of his biggest weaknesses. It looks to me that he’s spent 10 years in a league where if you just keep bashing at the door long enough, eventually, sometimes, it works. It’s going to need something else against most of the managers we’re coming up against this season. Either he or someone on the coaching staff is going to have to come up with ways to mix the shape and tactics a bit pre-game and within it. He did, at least, change things at half time against Watford, but that was crying out for a change after five minutes.

The good news is GA, the players or the fans have no idea what system we are playing so the oppoments are going to have trouble figuring it out .
Seriously though its pretty obvious GA and his staff are very slow to read the situation and correct it before we get punished .
Saturday being in total control his use of subs nearly cost us dearly .I know the fatique and dept of bench etc but we cannot afford to make heroic stands like that last 20 minutes any more.
Maybe Cook and some veterans could offer their opinions to GA about staying aggressive with subs and systems.Remember teams trying to save a game can be caught out and we should be ready to exploit that .
An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 18:34 - Aug 15 with 470 viewssimmo

An entirely different kind of flying, altogether – Report on 07:53 - Aug 15 by DejR_vu

I agree to a point, but I remember lots of people saying another manager of ours only plan B was to do plan A better, and that didn't really end up ringing true...

I also really rate Dobson, and Ainsworths ability to accept his deficiencies and defer to others in certain matters - tactical changes being one of them - so I have a little more confidence they'll analyse and figure things out given the time. It seems to me that we'll have to make mistakes to learn from them though, rather than pre-empt things, which will take patience...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024