Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kakay 11:22 - Sep 3 with 6306 viewsT_Block

Dear Osman-head up lad that was better.You are being targeted.Watch the tapes , listen to the coaches.Listen to the wise old defenders.80% of the time you were very good and are getting better with every game.I think you can do it.Paul Smyth needs to help you in limiting the space they can play in,but if you read these things the fans I know are willing you on.

Paul Smyth: I went with a Middlesbrough mate and they , like me , thought you were a class apart.I wonder what QPR were playing at.Suppose it takes Ga/Holloway link to get you back
Kakay on 11:42 - Sep 3 with 4654 viewsnix

In fairness Smyth was very raw when he last played for us. He’s added some guile and roughness to his game since he left us. And we got him on a free so we can’t complain too much.

Kakay has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons. One thing I noticed was when Middlesbrough had a free kick in a dangerous area, the shot came in (maybe a header?). Begovic palmed it away but Kakay was there at the far post making sure the forward couldn’t reach the rebound. Deffo something they’ve been working at because we’ve lost a lot of points by not following up on rebounds at both ends of the pitch!
Kakay on 11:53 - Sep 3 with 4590 viewsHunterhoop

Kakay on 11:42 - Sep 3 by nix

In fairness Smyth was very raw when he last played for us. He’s added some guile and roughness to his game since he left us. And we got him on a free so we can’t complain too much.

Kakay has improved a lot over the last couple of seasons. One thing I noticed was when Middlesbrough had a free kick in a dangerous area, the shot came in (maybe a header?). Begovic palmed it away but Kakay was there at the far post making sure the forward couldn’t reach the rebound. Deffo something they’ve been working at because we’ve lost a lot of points by not following up on rebounds at both ends of the pitch!

Spot on, Nix. That bit of defending was as important as a goal line block or last ditch tackle. Stopped a goal.
Kakay on 14:24 - Sep 3 with 4366 viewsdistortR

Ainsworth talked about Smyth having matured since he became a father, so maybe there was a bit of an attitude problem. Glad he's back.
As for Kakay, every performance seems to be a bit of a curate's egg, but more good then indifferent this season. He's one I would so much like to see succeed, seems like a nice bloke from a nice family, and local.
Kakay on 14:40 - Sep 3 with 4314 viewsWatford_Ranger

They won’t be targeting him for long if he keeps playing like yesterday.

He embodies a lot of what you want in a QPR player- gives it everything and appreciates the opportunity he has. That hybrid RCB/RB role is perfect for him and he’s the only one in the squad even once Dunne is back I’d trust to do both parts.
Kakay on 15:02 - Sep 3 with 4253 viewsenfieldargh

Having Fox, Cook and a fit JCS Ossie can only learn and improve.

PLaying for S.Leone can only imporove his ability, he's playing against top African attackers much of the time.

He's one of our own.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Kakay on 15:04 - Sep 3 with 4226 viewsted_hendrix

Kakay on 14:24 - Sep 3 by distortR

Ainsworth talked about Smyth having matured since he became a father, so maybe there was a bit of an attitude problem. Glad he's back.
As for Kakay, every performance seems to be a bit of a curate's egg, but more good then indifferent this season. He's one I would so much like to see succeed, seems like a nice bloke from a nice family, and local.

'' He's one I would so much like to see succeed, seems like a nice bloke from a nice family, and local.''

Me too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Kakay on 16:57 - Sep 3 with 3995 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Kakay on 11:42 - Sep 3 by nix

He got up screaming at the ref that he was being held but that was a cruical tackle.We still look suspect from frees to be honest and getting caught upfield a lot is bad for the nerves .
Dozzell made such a critical tackle to prevent almost a certain goal but we have to be way more careful giving the ball away so often.
Kakay is loving the big experienced boys clogging up our D but he gets caught for pace way too much he has to improve there .
Kakay on 17:06 - Sep 3 with 3971 viewsLordPork

But on the upside, if we're winning and doing well then a chance in the 1st team is all the lad needs

I've been uber critical, when we apparently weren't even warming up properly prior to the match etc and getting stuffed ( at Watty ) but hey, ho, give them the credit they deserve.

Someone ( Ainsworth etc ) has pulled it out the bag here. Good luck to the lad, there's nothing finer than a local lad playing for the team...

now just fix that home form....please
Login to get fewer ads

Kakay on 18:58 - Sep 3 with 3809 viewsqprd

If kakay gets targeted it’s bc Paul Smyth pushes much higher up the pitch than Paal on the left

For sotons first goal, they slipped the ball into the space that a rwb would’ve occupied and from there it was 1 on 1 vs a backtracking kakay

If kakay had the likes of a laird in front of him while willock played as a lwb, the conversation re him and fox would probably be reversed…
Kakay on 19:12 - Sep 3 with 3733 viewsqprd

Kakay on 14:40 - Sep 3 by Watford_Ranger

They won’t be targeting him for long if he keeps playing like yesterday.

He embodies a lot of what you want in a QPR player- gives it everything and appreciates the opportunity he has. That hybrid RCB/RB role is perfect for him and he’s the only one in the squad even once Dunne is back I’d trust to do both parts.

Exactly…. He embodies everything we’d want in a squad player

He is limited. He is likely not good enough to be a consistent starter in the division …. But he is very versatile as a utility defender who can play as a Cb, rb and rwb when we need someone to fill in… every team needs players like this in the squad….

Yet for some reason if he has a bad game a large contingent of the fan base is down his throat

He is always availabile. I can’t recall him ever being injured…. He’s always had to deal with someone being the first choice. Yet when players like hall decided they didn’t want to play post covid, when odubajo was consistently getting hurt, when Kane thought he was too good for the club, when laird was feigning injuries, who has consistently been available to play any position, as a starter or as a sub?

He’s clearly trying his hardest and cares for the club and is through the academy … shouldn’t be getting the abuse he gets
Kakay on 20:05 - Sep 3 with 3591 viewsnumptydumpty

Kakay on 19:12 - Sep 3 by qprd

He is limited. He is likely not good enough to be a consistent starter in the division …. But he is very versatile as a utility defender who can play as a Cb, rb and rwb when we need someone to fill in… every team needs players like this in the squad….

Yet for some reason if he has a bad game a large contingent of the fan base is down his throat

He is always availabile. I can’t recall him ever being injured…. He’s always had to deal with someone being the first choice. Yet when players like hall decided they didn’t want to play post covid, when odubajo was consistently getting hurt, when Kane thought he was too good for the club, when laird was feigning injuries, who has consistently been available to play any position, as a starter or as a sub?

He’s clearly trying his hardest and cares for the club and is through the academy … shouldn’t be getting the abuse he gets

Absolutely this.

I find it hard to read fans criticising Ossie even after a game like this.

He is as they say "one of our own" and he been here since he was eight years old.

So many of his peers disappeared, didn't perform, failed to live up to early promise.

Ossie tries every game , is always available, he has throughout improved his game and is a consistent performer. He is never going to be world class and will make the odd shank but he puts in 💯 and tries to learn always

He has been consistently selected as back up, sub or starter by many managers and has never been offered for sale like so many of his counterparts.

And it's clear he loves playing for our team.

He certainly had at least one tackle in this game that was a potential goal saving challenge, supports Smyth in attack, lasts the 90 minutes and still some of our fans pick up on so called failings

Find it very bizarre myself.

He is a good guy and plays at his 💯 which has also improved.

What more can people want !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Kakay on 22:57 - Sep 4 with 3062 viewsVancouverHoop

I agree with the two posts above. He's no prima donna just a regular everyday player who does his job, a journeyman if you like. Every team ideally needs one or two of them and we're lucky we have him.

What's more if he's off to AFCON with Sierra Leone after Christmas, and we don't have a back-up for him, we're all likely to notice just how important he is. But not in a good way.
Kakay on 06:52 - Sep 5 with 2925 viewsQPROslo

Kakay on 19:12 - Sep 3 by qprd

Kakay hasn't been constantly available, he was out injured for a few games just at the end of last season from a bang he got on his knee I think, had to be subbed, and his start to pre-season was delayed. As I recall he's been out injured before too. But injuries happen like sh*t so no criticism of him intended from me there. They do need to work on the gaps between him and our central CB which Boro exploited repeatedly. We'd have lost that game against a side with better finishing and if Begovic hadn't been on top form and saved us many times. It should be possible to improve that in training.

Have you got proof Laird was "feigning injuries" as you state so categorically?
Kakay on 07:59 - Sep 5 with 2810 viewsWatford_Ranger

Kakay on 06:52 - Sep 5 by QPROslo

Kakay hasn't been constantly available, he was out injured for a few games just at the end of last season from a bang he got on his knee I think, had to be subbed, and his start to pre-season was delayed. As I recall he's been out injured before too. But injuries happen like sh*t so no criticism of him intended from me there. They do need to work on the gaps between him and our central CB which Boro exploited repeatedly. We'd have lost that game against a side with better finishing and if Begovic hadn't been on top form and saved us many times. It should be possible to improve that in training.

He’s injured already this season. As is Tyler. Some footballers just don’t like playing football if they can avoid it.
Kakay on 08:41 - Sep 5 with 2730 viewsdmm

It's nice to see a thread appreciating Kakay. He's been invaluable to us so far this season. Where would we have been without him at RCB? And, of course, he can also play RB/RWB but seems to be best suited to his current role.

If, for any reason, he's out for a while, we'd be without the cover he provides in all three positions.

At RB/RWB I don't think Drewe is going to quite make Championship grade and Adomah sadly seems unable to play at a decent level any longer. At CB Kakay continues to be pretty adequate and will continue playing there for a while yet with Dunne and now Cook injured.

I don't think there's any player in the Dev Squad capable of stepping up into any of these positions at the moment so I hope we are looking for a free agent player we can sign for a season.
Kakay on 08:51 - Sep 5 with 2699 viewsQPROslo

Kakay on 07:59 - Sep 5 by Watford_Ranger

He’s injured already this season. As is Tyler. Some footballers just don’t like playing football if they can avoid it.

Laird made 33 appearances for us last season, not too shabby, and looked like he enjoyed playing more than most.
Kakay on 09:18 - Sep 5 with 2627 viewsEsox_Lucius

Kakay on 08:51 - Sep 5 by QPROslo

Laird made 33 appearances for us last season, not too shabby, and looked like he enjoyed playing more than most.

Mostly when we got off to a flyer at the start of the season, when things went nipples north he definitely looked a lot less interested from where I sit.

The grass is always greener.

Kakay on 09:20 - Sep 5 with 2625 viewsnix

Kakay on 06:52 - Sep 5 by QPROslo

I do think it's a bit harder on the right hand side than the left from the way we're set up with Chair tending to be more on the left and Dozzell, Field and Colback through the middle.

Paal, although a LWB doesn't tend to go quite so far forward as Smyth, who often goes to the by-line so is more out of position to track back. It's relatively rare for Paal to be on his own against a forward, like Kakay regularly is.

We need our midfield to help plug the gaps if Smyth is pushing so far forward, and not just leaving it to Kakay. How often do we see Chair having to just beat one defender when going down that left hand side. Never happens. Always doubled up against him.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 10:32]
Kakay on 09:30 - Sep 5 with 2593 viewsdmm

Kakay on 09:20 - Sep 5 by nix

I do think it's a bit harder on the right hand side than the left from the way we're set up with Chair tending to be more on the left and Dozzell, Field and Colback through the middle.

Paal, although a LWB doesn't tend to go quite so far forward as Smyth, who often goes to the by-line so is more out of position to track back. It's relatively rare for Paal to be on his own against a forward, like Kakay regularly is.

We need our midfield to help plug the gaps if Smyth is pushing so far forward, and not just leaving it to Kakay. How often do we see Chair having to just beat one defender when going down that left hand side. Never happens. Always doubled up against him.

That's a good insight, nix. The issues down the right you highlight were particularly evident v Boro when Kakay really had his hands full and needed support. I wonder if the fact that all 3 CMs were left footed in that game exacerbated the problem a bit and perhaps also that Dozzell played further up the field?
Kakay (n/t) on 09:39 - Sep 5 with 2549 viewsQPROslo

Kakay on 09:20 - Sep 5 by nix

Yes, I think you are right about Smith playing high up a lot which leaves Kakay getting pulled out wide to try to cover space left behind him.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2023 9:43]
Kakay on 09:40 - Sep 5 with 2544 viewsbosh67

The way for Kakay to get better is to play more games. I like that Ainsworth, for all his faults, seems to believe in players. Most of the reason these players never make it is because they never get a run. I feel Kakay can make the position his but he will need a proper run of games to gain the fitness and awareness needed.

Smyth looks like he could be Sinton like for us. Very comfortable at this level and the pace is frightening on him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kakay on 09:51 - Sep 5 with 2514 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Kakay on 09:40 - Sep 5 by bosh67

The way for Kakay to get better is to play more games. I like that Ainsworth, for all his faults, seems to believe in players. Most of the reason these players never make it is because they never get a run. I feel Kakay can make the position his but he will need a proper run of games to gain the fitness and awareness needed.

Smyth looks like he could be Sinton like for us. Very comfortable at this level and the pace is frightening on him.

It is really good to have some pace in the team with him and Sinclair. It is something we have sorely lacked in recent seasons.
Kakay on 09:58 - Sep 5 with 2502 viewsCamberleyR

For Ossie Kakay read Mick Leach. Micky Leach was another that loved playing for QPR, knew he was a squad player but always put in 100% and didn't always get the appreciation he should have.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kakay on 20:50 - Sep 5 with 2165 viewsbosh67

Kakay on 09:58 - Sep 5 by CamberleyR

For Ossie Kakay read Mick Leach. Micky Leach was another that loved playing for QPR, knew he was a squad player but always put in 100% and didn't always get the appreciation he should have.

Mick Leach. One of my all time favourite players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kakay on 20:58 - Sep 5 with 2137 viewsQPRSteve

Kakay on 20:50 - Sep 5 by bosh67

Mick Leach. One of my all time favourite players.

Same here, vastly underrated player. When he dropped back into midfield in later years I thought he was outstanding and deserved to play for England,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024