Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Wegerle 01:00 - Sep 9 with 1995 viewshamptonhillhoop

Right,
I think I'm losing my marbles. I have a distinct memory of Roy Wegerle scoring the winning goal for Chelsea against us in the late 80's at Stamford Bridge. I've googled it and can't find any record of it. Have I just imagined this? Maybe he just set up a goal against us. I have particularly dour memories of our away games at chelsea at that time. We always seemed to lose at that barren bowl with that huge terrace
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 1:00]
Roy Wegerle on 01:21 - Sep 9 with 1943 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I don't even remember him playing for Chelsea?
Roy Wegerle on 01:57 - Sep 9 with 1917 viewsaston_hoop

Scored in a 3-1 win on New Years day 1987 by the looks of it

http://www.stamford-bridge.com/player.php?id=575&surname=Wegerle&firstna

Apologies for the link to a C*****a site

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Roy Wegerle on 03:47 - Sep 9 with 1853 viewsSydneyRs

Roy Wegerle on 01:57 - Sep 9 by aston_hoop

Scored in a 3-1 win on New Years day 1987 by the looks of it

http://www.stamford-bridge.com/player.php?id=575&surname=Wegerle&firstna

Apologies for the link to a C*****a site

Yes I was there and remember it. Got kicked out of the away end by police for "making w@nker signs" (that was the official reason I was given!) and watched the last part of the game from the Shed as the gates were open there. Obvs had to get de loused afterwards.

Found some highlights, notable for the appalling pronunciation of Wegerle's name by the commentator:

[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 3:52]
Roy Wegerle on 08:42 - Sep 9 with 1611 viewshamptonhillhoop

Cheers everyone, that'll be it then. Saw the 3-1 but couldn't find any more details of scorers etc. I had an awful record at that ground. Think the only time I've ever seen us win there was the SWP game.
All this was inspired by drunkenly watching a Big Match revisited last night. Chelsea v Man U with super Ray scoring a cracker. Wicks, Langley and Walker also playing for the scum, with Gordon Hill playing for united.
Roy Wegerle on 09:55 - Sep 9 with 1474 viewsbosh67

He was however one of our best ever players and certainly one of the most gifted.

The goal against Leeds still is a work of art!

The only time I’ve ever heard an entire opposition crowd applaud a goal it was that good.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 9:57]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Roy Wegerle on 18:03 - Sep 9 with 1258 viewsqpr_1968

Roy Wegerle on 09:55 - Sep 9 by bosh67

He was however one of our best ever players and certainly one of the most gifted.

The goal against Leeds still is a work of art!

The only time I’ve ever heard an entire opposition crowd applaud a goal it was that good.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2023 9:57]

you can hear that applause go on forever after he scored.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024