Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is your Non-League side? 21:31 - Feb 28 with 12014 viewsSpaceman_P

Okay, we're all Rangers through and through, but if you had to choose a Non-League outfit as your 2nd club who would it be.

Me, I grew up in West London, but moved to West Sussex in my late-teens. lived most of my life their til moving to Spain in 2018.

So my non-league sides are Horsham and Dorking Wanderers. If push came to shove though, would love to see Dorking enter the football league one day.

Who is your Non-League side? on 00:42 - Mar 1 with 1809 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:50 - Feb 29 by ngbqpr

Agree about the pricing, I was in Glasgow last weekend so went to see Pollok FC vs Gartcairn - it was a cup game but both are midtable in the West of Scotland League. It was fun, the standard wasn't bad, but for Scotland's 7th tier, I was surprised it was £9. £30 at the King Power this Sat to see Rangers play a team of, let's face it, Prem standard suddenly looks quite reasonable.

Nine quid, POLLOKS!
[Post edited 1 Mar 0:43]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who is your Non-League side? on 01:05 - Mar 1 with 1785 viewsBoston

Who is your Non-League side? on 20:28 - Feb 29 by VancouverHoop

When was that? IIRC Hitchin were never in same division as Wembley. Cup match perhaps?

Indeed, after much rummaging, I am wrong, my Hitchin recollections were incorrect.

The match in question was the Herts Charity Cup Final, on Tuesday 27th of April 1976 at Top Field Hitchin, where Hitchin FC hosted Hemel Hempstead and ran out easy 4-0 winners.

Godfrey
Pratt
Hammond
Howkins
Martin
Brothers
Archibald
Thrussell
Hodge
Bunker
Giggle
Brown(sub).

The programme is rare and in almost mint condition, yours for a ton.

Who is your Non-League side? on 01:08 - Mar 1 with 1780 viewsBoston

Oh yeah, how come I was there? Mate of a mate(QPR man as it goes), had recently moved to what we considered 'the wilderness' of Hertfordshire.

Who is your Non-League side? on 02:02 - Mar 1 with 1744 viewsVancouverHoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 00:28 - Mar 1 by OregonQPR

Dulwich Hamlet……Our school (Willam Penn) playing fields (Greendale) backed onto their stadium and a few of us would also climb into their ground and play games some Sundays.

The old Champion Hill was an amazing ground. The envy of many FL clubs. Here's a clip from the 1933 Amateur Cup Final between Kingstonian and Stockton played there. Almost 21,000 in attendance.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/1933-amateur-cup-final--king
Who is your Non-League side? on 06:23 - Mar 1 with 1677 viewsVancouverHoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 01:05 - Mar 1 by Boston

Indeed, after much rummaging, I am wrong, my Hitchin recollections were incorrect.

The match in question was the Herts Charity Cup Final, on Tuesday 27th of April 1976 at Top Field Hitchin, where Hitchin FC hosted Hemel Hempstead and ran out easy 4-0 winners.

Godfrey
Pratt
Hammond
Howkins
Martin
Brothers
Archibald
Thrussell
Hodge
Bunker
Giggle
Brown(sub).

The programme is rare and in almost mint condition, yours for a ton.

Wow! a few of those names I watched over ten years previous to that match. Jeff Brothers, Paul Hammond and Paul Giggle, who I think still holds the club record for appearances.
Who is your Non-League side? on 07:16 - Mar 1 with 1632 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Who is your Non-League side? on 02:02 - Mar 1 by VancouverHoop

The old Champion Hill was an amazing ground. The envy of many FL clubs. Here's a clip from the 1933 Amateur Cup Final between Kingstonian and Stockton played there. Almost 21,000 in attendance.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/videos/1933-amateur-cup-final--king

Go Kingston! I kept expecting to see Harry Enfield appear into the shot.
Who is your Non-League side? on 07:26 - Mar 1 with 1625 viewsWestonsuperR

Weston-s-Mare. Play some really decent football, NLS is a good standard these days, always plenty of action and a very competitive league. We have had Yeovil in the league this year, incredible to think last time I was a Huish Park it was to watch QPR.
Who is your Non-League side? on 08:44 - Mar 1 with 1586 viewsRebalhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 07:26 - Mar 1 by WestonsuperR

Weston-s-Mare. Play some really decent football, NLS is a good standard these days, always plenty of action and a very competitive league. We have had Yeovil in the league this year, incredible to think last time I was a Huish Park it was to watch QPR.

Good game against Weston a few weeks back,Slough got a 2 -0,Weston were unlucky and hit the bar twice,crowd of 900+.
Playing Yeovil in a couple of weeks,they are bringing 600+ fans,brilliant support.
I don’t mind paying the £15 admission,so long as it gets put back into the club,which I believe is happening at Slough,because the squad is getting better,even when we have lost 2 or 3 of our better players,they are replaced with like for like ,this never happened in the past,there is a lot of good things going on for the community,fund raising for the homeless,hospices,food banks etc..
so at the moment all is good for the Rebels
Login to get fewer ads

Who is your Non-League side? on 08:56 - Mar 1 with 1573 viewsdmm

Who is your Non-League side? on 17:28 - Feb 29 by ngbqpr

I used to' follow' Cray Wanderers as a kid in the 70s, tho primarily via the back page of the Orpington Times!

Gotta say after they were crap most of my life, it's been good to see Bromley establish themselves as a National League mainstay - would love to see them get at least a couple of years in League 2.

I occasionally get along to watch Bromley. They've been knocking on the League 2 door for a few seasons now and will do so again this year. Their bar and eatery is large and quite well stocked with much better beers than the slop served at LR.
Who is your Non-League side? on 08:57 - Mar 1 with 1575 viewsLetchR

Who is your Non-League side? on 22:07 - Feb 28 by Whip_It

Lewes FC

Another one for 'The Dripping Pan'
Who is your Non-League side? on 09:44 - Mar 1 with 1497 viewscorse

Clapton CFC.
Who is your Non-League side? on 10:02 - Mar 1 with 1484 viewskernowhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 07:26 - Mar 1 by WestonsuperR

Was that when Yeovil out-played us but we won with a Charlie Austin penalty?
If so, I was there.
Oh, by the way... favourite non-league team? Probably Yeovil.
Who is your Non-League side? on 10:19 - Mar 1 with 1467 viewskingsburyR

St Albans City FC.

A proper day out. My two girls (11 & 13) absolutely love going to watch the saints.

I really enjoy the whole experience when I visit Clartence Park, the football is decent, the Chicken George kiosk is pukka and they sell Mad Squirrel (various) on tap. No idea what they put in that stuff but its bloody rocket fuel.

Up the Saints!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who is your Non-League side? on 10:38 - Mar 1 with 1431 viewsstowmarketrange

Who is your Non-League side? on 08:56 - Mar 1 by dmm

I occasionally get along to watch Bromley. They've been knocking on the League 2 door for a few seasons now and will do so again this year. Their bar and eatery is large and quite well stocked with much better beers than the slop served at LR.

Have you seen the snake there looking for his next job?
Who is your Non-League side? on 11:15 - Mar 1 with 1388 viewsdmm

Who is your Non-League side? on 10:38 - Mar 1 by stowmarketrange

Have you seen the snake there looking for his next job?

Ha! No, but if I did...
Who is your Non-League side? on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 1289 viewsWestonsuperR

Who is your Non-League side? on 10:02 - Mar 1 by kernowhoop

Was that when Yeovil out-played us but we won with a Charlie Austin penalty?
If so, I was there.
Oh, by the way... favourite non-league team? Probably Yeovil.

That’s the one! We were lucky that day, outplayed (hard to believe now but we were).
Who is your Non-League side? on 14:21 - Mar 1 with 1287 viewsWestonsuperR

Who is your Non-League side? on 08:44 - Mar 1 by Rebalhoop

Good game against Weston a few weeks back,Slough got a 2 -0,Weston were unlucky and hit the bar twice,crowd of 900+.
Playing Yeovil in a couple of weeks,they are bringing 600+ fans,brilliant support.
I don’t mind paying the £15 admission,so long as it gets put back into the club,which I believe is happening at Slough,because the squad is getting better,even when we have lost 2 or 3 of our better players,they are replaced with like for like ,this never happened in the past,there is a lot of good things going on for the community,fund raising for the homeless,hospices,food banks etc..
so at the moment all is good for the Rebels

Think Yeovil took around 900 to Weston and we capped it at that, could have been more. We only lost to Yeovil 2v1 at their place recently and were unlucky not to get a point, good luck 👍
Who is your Non-League side? on 14:58 - Mar 1 with 1227 viewsBathRanger

Perhaps no surprise but Bath City for me. Live within walking distance but only usually go once or twice per season.

Doing a bit better this season than recent years but doubt they will get promoted to the NL. Always seem to go out of the F.A. Cup in the final qualifying round before the first round proper too.
Who is your Non-League side? on 18:33 - Mar 1 with 1113 viewsterryb

A little off subject, but Truro are now moving their home games to Gloucester!

After groundsharing at Plymouth Parkway & Taunton in which many of their games were postponed as the grounds being waterlogged.

Consequently, the same ground be used for National League North & South games!
Who is your Non-League side? on 18:49 - Mar 1 with 1098 viewsGloucs_R

Who is your Non-League side? on 18:33 - Mar 1 by terryb

A little off subject, but Truro are now moving their home games to Gloucester!

After groundsharing at Plymouth Parkway & Taunton in which many of their games were postponed as the grounds being waterlogged.

Consequently, the same ground be used for National League North & South games!

I think it's just the one game, this Saturday

Poll: Are we staying up?

Who is your Non-League side? on 19:14 - Mar 1 with 1077 viewsHanwellianhoop

Hanwell Town
Who is your Non-League side? on 21:03 - Mar 1 with 1023 viewsSteveB

Slough Town. Anyone remember Millwall at home & Leyton Orient away....? Carnage.
Who is your Non-League side? on 08:33 - Mar 2 with 868 viewsRebalhoop

Who is your Non-League side? on 21:03 - Mar 1 by SteveB

Slough Town. Anyone remember Millwall at home & Leyton Orient away....? Carnage.

Millwall,1982 as you say…carnage on and off the pitch,fighting before and during the game and after the match a full on riot
Millwall had 2 sent off,Dean Neal was the first one,Slough had one sent off.
Slough scored the winner in the 88th minute,cue pitch invasion and Slough fans running away through surrounding fields.
On a side note,Millwall had a local Slough boy playing for them,Dean Horrix,who I went to school with,tragically he was killed in a car accident years later when he was at Bristol City.
Who is your Non-League side? on 09:55 - Mar 2 with 816 viewsterryb

Who is your Non-League side? on 18:49 - Mar 1 by Gloucs_R

I think it's just the one game, this Saturday

Thanks Gloucs.

I thought it was for the rest of the season, but you're a not more likely to know about the agreement than I am.
Who is your Non-League side? on 20:04 - Mar 2 with 742 viewsQPsyR

Sort of between Cray Valley Paper Mils and Cray Wanderers for a few years. Even though CVPM are 12 mins nearer walking I'm looking forward to Wanderers getting the new ground.

Probably Welling when i was younger....though I'm more SE than Kent
:-) W12
[Post edited 2 Mar 20:07]

FKA AcidPixie

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024