Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes redentor 16:59 - Apr 1 with 8125 viewsdannyblue

From bottom of the relegation 8 (excluding Rotherham) we’re now top. Some change around.
[Post edited 1 Apr 17:03]
Cifuentes redentor on 18:12 - Apr 2 with 790 viewsgazza1

Cifuentes redentor on 17:25 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

I think he'll start the season with us, but I'm not convinced he'll end next season with us, althlough I obviously hope he will. But if we continue to improve I don't think he'll be here long. He's never stayed anywhere long - he's a man (justifiably) in a hurry. The club should be looking now at possible replacements along similar lines.
But let's not get ahead of ourselves: this season is a long way from being over. We could easily lose to SW, and then find a Plymouth remotivated by a new voice in the dressing room, and find ourselves right back in the mix.
As the Wolf sort of said... let's not start sucking each other's sticks yet.

Wow.....first your views were that MC will be leaving when we get relegated!!!! Now your views have changed and he will get poached when we are pushing for promotion from the Championship next year!!!!

You also think that the club should be looking for a replacement Manager. Really - Stupidity!!!
Cifuentes redentor on 18:42 - Apr 2 with 652 viewsessextaxiboy

Cifuentes redentor on 18:12 - Apr 2 by gazza1

Wow.....first your views were that MC will be leaving when we get relegated!!!! Now your views have changed and he will get poached when we are pushing for promotion from the Championship next year!!!!

You also think that the club should be looking for a replacement Manager. Really - Stupidity!!!

No one wants him to go of course. Nest year could be really special IMO, but the best run clubs have a list of potential replacements on file all the time.

To be fair to the Club we went straight to Marti because he had been on our radar for over a year . Hopefully any transition disruption would be then minimised .

I just hope he was watching Beales poor career choices and tries to manage in the Prem with us .
Cifuentes redentor on 18:50 - Apr 2 with 601 viewslassel

Cifuentes redentor on 22:47 - Apr 1 by Lblock

I rarely have praise for those at the top but…..

Maybe they had a plan here?
Don’t forget that Ains kept last season’s bin fire in the Division…. Somehow!!!

Perhaps they knew he was very short term and may have replaced him in summer but had an agreement Saint Marti would not be about until November
They kept the transfer powder dry’ish
Waited and got their number one man ready for a plan to start rolling

Marti said he’d watched all of our games this season
Why would you do that unless you were some sort of machocist???

It matters not
He’s here now and 4 points away from starting to plan for next season
I hope he keeps momentum and achieves that…. If so he’ll also have broken the QPR mould somewhat as well. Fair play.

The other thing I’d like to throw in the mix….. he seems a really nice fella but with an under current of ice cold steel about him.
Like that. I like that a lot

Marti watched all our matches after the deal was done.

Realistically before Blackburn Ainsworth was toast but officially he was done after the Blackburn debacle. Both parties wanted to muddle through to the later international break but the club decided to act sooner rather than later, ironically after we had avoided too brutal a defeat against Leicester.
Cifuentes redentor on 18:59 - Apr 2 with 562 viewsaston_hoop

He´s an excellent coach and clearly an excellent man manager, I genuinely believe he looked at this job and backed himself fully to be honest. There is a lot of dross in this division, he´ll know that. He´d have looked and it and fancied himself to complete the job no problem, he seems very self confident and rightly so. We have never had a bad squad, we´ve had a rotten bunch of individuals who haven´t been properly coached by someone they respect in ages, but he´s worked on that. He´s been strong in casting people out of the squad, big on togetherness and he´s most importantly, been really big on shape and tactics. Good players are much much better when they know what they´re supposed to be doing on the pitch and when they know the other players on the pitch also know what they are doing. We didn´t get close to this with Ainsworth, it was all about 'graft' and 'effort' and whatever which is simply never going to be enough at this level in 2024. He's the best thing about this club now and I'm excited to see where it leads

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024