Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Real Reason 10:53 - Mar 15 with 3577 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

This is the number of players each club has used so far in PL matches

QPR..........35
Man Utd.....31
Blackburn...30
Arsenal......29
Everton.....29
Bolton.......28
Wolves......28
Tottenham..27
Chelsea......26
Swansea.....26
Fulham.......25
Newcastle...25
Norwich......25
Sunderland..25
Aston Villa..24
Man City....24
West Brom..24
Stoke.........23
Wigan........23
Liverpool....22

These days everyone seems to want to find a scapegoat. We live in the age of the blame game. Booing and chanting insults at our own players is idiotic, counter productive behaviour that can only further reduce players confidence, and the connection between the players and fans.

It is not about the players being overpaid or not caring. Things would be exactly the same if they were earning 1% of their current wages. They are competing against players on similar contracts, from the same backgrounds and having gone through the same struggles to get to the top. These players have got to the PL by being highly competitive individuals. Why would they jack it in now? It makes no sense.

Neither do they have a losing mentality. Bolton have lost three more matches than us. Were they suffering from a losing mentality? It's a stupid idea.

Last season we used a total of 24 players, and a core of 17. Various circumstances have resulted in too many changes in the playing personnel over the last year. We have only once fielded the same team two games running, Newcastle at home and Wolves away. Not surprisingly we have struggled to build an effective team. You can't expect players to perform at their best in these circumstances. A high turnover of players is a classic way of failing in any league.

Don't blame the players, in fact don't blame anyone. It's history.

The best thing any QPR supporter can do is get behind all of the team, the manager and the owners. Teams have got out of trickier situations than we are in.

Just my opinion.
The Real Reason on 10:57 - Mar 15 with 3027 viewshoopstilidie

Fact is we had to rebuild the team completely after the season had already begun due to Briatore's interference. No other club had to do this so obviously they won't have had as many changes as us, stands to reason, they did their team changes in the close season.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

The Real Reason on 10:58 - Mar 15 with 3028 viewsblacky200

But Man Utd have used 31 players and are they just above us or leading the league?
The Real Reason on 11:00 - Mar 15 with 3019 viewshoopstilidie

The Real Reason on 10:58 - Mar 15 by blacky200

But Man Utd have used 31 players and are they just above us or leading the league?

and Wigan have used close to the fewest.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

The Real Reason on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 3011 viewsAGEREPC01

Just a part of the recipe. Other ingredients;
-Bernie Ecclestone spent more money on Tamara than QPR AND gave away 2 of our best players ...Routeledge and Gorks PRIOR to the season.
-Ownership issues drove away too many players (Mikhail-Smith Danny Graham)
-Ali Furlin was MR QPR in the middle of the Park...MASSIVE blow to lose him.
-Cerny vs Paddy?

Barton sent off vs Norwich, Cisse vs Wolves...6 point swing.

-Hughes has spent too many games shuffling bad decks of cards. Hopefully he will learn and put SWP on the bench. Diakite AND Derry as defensive Central mid field players, Tarrbs/Akos & Barton in front of them then Cisse and Zam up front.

- Personally, I think Cerny needs to keep goal in front of Paddy. Cerny KEPT us in games by himself while paddy was out.

stainrod81

The Real Reason on 11:06 - Mar 15 with 3010 viewsJamie

The real reason we are where we are, is because we have not been good enough.
The Real Reason on 11:08 - Mar 15 with 3005 viewsNorthernr

If this was the "real reason" rather than just one of a multitude of factors, why are Wigan bottom of the league when only Liverpool have used fewer players?

And why are Man Utd top when they've used the second most?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The Real Reason on 11:09 - Mar 15 with 3003 viewspomanjou

Very good first post Spag. Sums it up nicely.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The Real Reason on 11:17 - Mar 15 with 2984 viewscanary

The Real Reason on 11:04 - Mar 15 by AGEREPC01

Just a part of the recipe. Other ingredients;
-Bernie Ecclestone spent more money on Tamara than QPR AND gave away 2 of our best players ...Routeledge and Gorks PRIOR to the season.
-Ownership issues drove away too many players (Mikhail-Smith Danny Graham)
-Ali Furlin was MR QPR in the middle of the Park...MASSIVE blow to lose him.
-Cerny vs Paddy?

Barton sent off vs Norwich, Cisse vs Wolves...6 point swing.

-Hughes has spent too many games shuffling bad decks of cards. Hopefully he will learn and put SWP on the bench. Diakite AND Derry as defensive Central mid field players, Tarrbs/Akos & Barton in front of them then Cisse and Zam up front.

- Personally, I think Cerny needs to keep goal in front of Paddy. Cerny KEPT us in games by himself while paddy was out.

TBF I'd spend more on Tamara than QPR ;)
Login to get fewer ads

The Real Reason on 11:18 - Mar 15 with 2984 viewscanaryfan

The Real Reason on 11:08 - Mar 15 by Northernr

If this was the "real reason" rather than just one of a multitude of factors, why are Wigan bottom of the league when only Liverpool have used fewer players?

And why are Man Utd top when they've used the second most?

Perhaps they have too few players. I think a balance has to be struck where a few players are able to be brought in to freshen things up and give an option (Wigan don't have much variety when Moses and Rodallega are off their game etc), but too much chopping and changing undermines stability.

A few years ago when Norwich went down to League One, Roeder had a scattergun approach where he'd keep choosing a team in the home he stumbled upon a winning formula, rather than give a core group the confidence that they wouldn't be dropped etc.

And as someone who genuinely likes QPR, I really hope that MH knows what his best side is now, that they stay free from injury and suspension, get a small dose of Lady Luck and build up the confidence to stay up.
The Real Reason on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 2935 viewsadhoc_qpr

It's definately a factor - but it's clearly not the decisive factor IMO.

And as for 'Don't blame the players' - i couldn't agree less!

If there was one factor which weighs more heavily than any other, i reckon it's the players consistently poor performances. The league table, our points total and our goals for and against are all concrete proof of this!
The Real Reason on 12:03 - Mar 15 with 2917 viewsDANRANGER

there are a number of reasons why we are where we are but I don't want to hear the excuses of ownership changes/new players time to gel/red cards/poor officials as no-one cares outside of LR. Simply if we get relegated we just weren't good enough as a club to get the points needed. We won't be the first team who were supposedly too good to go down.

We have 10 games to put it right and the greater majority on this MB are going to support the team in the right way and try to give them a base to go and get the points needed.

No. of players used shows we are not exacty sure what our best 11 is and what formation they can perform at their best. Hughes has wasted a few games IMO altering starting line ups and should just stick to 1 formation and keep the game simple to give us the best chance.
The Real Reason on 12:25 - Mar 15 with 2895 viewsQPunkR

Hang on, hang on.. So is it OUR fault that we're where we are in the league???

Nope sorry, still reckon it's mainly the players' fault, along with a couple of mitigating factors.

QPR - "shit but local"

The Real Reason on 12:53 - Mar 15 with 2868 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The Real Reason on 10:58 - Mar 15 by blacky200

Knew some would be superficial enough to write that sort of comment. But in giving the whole table, rather than just the average 26, it illustrates how far out on a limb we are, especially when compared with similar clubs.

Of course, the point I was making is the instability of our club, the constant changes and their effect on the players ability to produce their best.

Man Utd have had the same manager for 25 years. The squad plays to systems which all but the very latest recruits have been playing for years. They have to rotate and use their whole squad because they will play 60 fixtures, and sometimes they can afford to put out weaker teams.

The Real Reason on 13:02 - Mar 15 with 2842 viewsQPunkR

To be fair, all our players play to the same system an all- sh1t!!!

QPR - "shit but local"

The Real Reason on 13:02 - Mar 15 with 2842 viewsblacky200

The Real Reason on 12:53 - Mar 15 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Knew some would be superficial enough to write that sort of comment. But in giving the whole table, rather than just the average 26, it illustrates how far out on a limb we are, especially when compared with similar clubs.

Of course, the point I was making is the instability of our club, the constant changes and their effect on the players ability to produce their best.

Man Utd have had the same manager for 25 years. The squad plays to systems which all but the very latest recruits have been playing for years. They have to rotate and use their whole squad because they will play 60 fixtures, and sometimes they can afford to put out weaker teams.

But in your original post you merely pointed out that the reason we are struggling is the amount of players we have used. I, and others, pointed out this was not the case. There is no single factor that can be attributed to our league position. There are a multitude of reasons.
The Real Reason on 13:43 - Mar 15 with 2805 viewsR_from_afar

When you are for the most part incapable of putting the football in the net when presented with the opportunity, you are going to struggle to win football matches.

We have been guilty of that all season. That is not our only problem, far from it, but if you put everything else to one side and still can't do this right, you are in deep, deep trouble.

We are like a test cricket team which persistently bowls wide of leg stump.

Before each match, I would like to see the players each take 10 shots at an empty net. I'm not sure many of them would get more than 5/10. Some of them might not even face in the right direction....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Real Reason on 13:49 - Mar 15 with 2795 viewsNorthernr

The Real Reason on 13:02 - Mar 15 by blacky200

But in your original post you merely pointed out that the reason we are struggling is the amount of players we have used. I, and others, pointed out this was not the case. There is no single factor that can be attributed to our league position. There are a multitude of reasons.

No, I think you'll find you're being superficial blacky.

Just like three weeks ago anybody who said QPR would be relegated this year was not "making sense" and "As usual the journalists and bloggers tend to exaggerate and extrapolate poor short-term form and see a spiral of doom."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1611
The Real Reason on 14:05 - Mar 15 with 2765 viewsadhoc_qpr

The Real Reason on 13:43 - Mar 15 by R_from_afar

When you are for the most part incapable of putting the football in the net when presented with the opportunity, you are going to struggle to win football matches.

We have been guilty of that all season. That is not our only problem, far from it, but if you put everything else to one side and still can't do this right, you are in deep, deep trouble.

We are like a test cricket team which persistently bowls wide of leg stump.

Before each match, I would like to see the players each take 10 shots at an empty net. I'm not sure many of them would get more than 5/10. Some of them might not even face in the right direction....

RFA

Yup agreed - we have the worst (or it might be second worst above Stoke) shooting accuracy in the premiership!

If you don't score a 0-0 draw is the best you can hope for - but with our defence that's a pretty forlorn hope!

Apparently none of those 35 players can shoot...
The Real Reason on 16:00 - Mar 15 with 2725 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The Real Reason on 13:49 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Just like three weeks ago anybody who said QPR would be relegated this year was not "making sense" and "As usual the journalists and bloggers tend to exaggerate and extrapolate poor short-term form and see a spiral of doom."

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1611

Well it could be that you have got something right. Well done!!

On this weeks straw poll of who thinks we will avoid relegation I had to say No because the odds turned against us on Saturday. Credit to you for knowing that a goal which would have changed the game in our favour was going to be disallowed. How did you do that?
The Real Reason on 16:07 - Mar 15 with 2716 viewsadhoc_qpr

The Real Reason on 16:00 - Mar 15 by Spaghetti_Hoops

On this weeks straw poll of who thinks we will avoid relegation I had to say No because the odds turned against us on Saturday. Credit to you for knowing that a goal which would have changed the game in our favour was going to be disallowed. How did you do that?

Experience of the previous 27 games gave a pretty fair and accurate indication of how the Bolton game turned out - you didn't exactly need to be psychic!
The Real Reason on 16:18 - Mar 15 with 2703 viewsNorthernr

The Real Reason on 16:00 - Mar 15 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Well as I said when Mark Bowen trotted out all his pro-zone stuff that said how well we were doing luckily there is a very definitive way to see whether a team is or isn't performing, it's called the league table, and we've been sliding down it alarmingly.

Some indications that not only we would lose at Bolton, but that we'll be relegated this season
- One win in 15 matches (now one in 16)
- No clean sheet kept in 18 matches (now none in 19)
- Most points lost from leading positions in the league this season (15) showing that even when they do get an early goal to give them confidence they still find a way to bolox it up.
- A recent away record of played seven, won none (0) drawn two lost five.
- A recent series of games against the rest of the bottom five that produced one win and two defeats (now one win and three defeats).

These are the cold hard facts pre and post Bolton, without even getting into a debate about whether the players are good enough, whether they're making the effort, whether they're just unlucky etc etc.

We were very unfortunate at Bolton, very unfortunate indeed. But we're not unfortunate across an entire season. I don't buy into the "players aren't good enough" argument because I've seen all of these players play better than this for somebody else. Your original post is part of the reason, personally I think 95% of everything that's wrong this season can be put down to a lousy summer of preparation, but there are other reasons too including, IMO, lack of effort and commitment on the part of some players.

But then I'm just some hysterical journalist prone to getting carried away and exaggerating everything.
The Real Reason on 16:28 - Mar 15 with 2689 viewsblacky200

The Real Reason on 13:49 - Mar 15 by Northernr

So my comment was superficial yet your comment of "And why are Man Utd top when they've used the second most? " wasn't?
The Real Reason on 20:48 - Mar 15 with 2645 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The Real Reason on 16:18 - Mar 15 by Northernr

Well as I said when Mark Bowen trotted out all his pro-zone stuff that said how well we were doing luckily there is a very definitive way to see whether a team is or isn't performing, it's called the league table, and we've been sliding down it alarmingly.

Some indications that not only we would lose at Bolton, but that we'll be relegated this season
- One win in 15 matches (now one in 16)
- No clean sheet kept in 18 matches (now none in 19)
- Most points lost from leading positions in the league this season (15) showing that even when they do get an early goal to give them confidence they still find a way to bolox it up.
- A recent away record of played seven, won none (0) drawn two lost five.
- A recent series of games against the rest of the bottom five that produced one win and two defeats (now one win and three defeats).

These are the cold hard facts pre and post Bolton, without even getting into a debate about whether the players are good enough, whether they're making the effort, whether they're just unlucky etc etc.

We were very unfortunate at Bolton, very unfortunate indeed. But we're not unfortunate across an entire season. I don't buy into the "players aren't good enough" argument because I've seen all of these players play better than this for somebody else. Your original post is part of the reason, personally I think 95% of everything that's wrong this season can be put down to a lousy summer of preparation, but there are other reasons too including, IMO, lack of effort and commitment on the part of some players.

But then I'm just some hysterical journalist prone to getting carried away and exaggerating everything.

True.

Like I have been saying - what has happened is not necessarily what is about to happen. In fact, in the crazy world of football, the exact opposite will sometimes happen. A turning point starts somewhere. Even Torres will score again.

If your cold hard facts are extrapolated into the future relegation is a certainty and annihilation will quickly follow. Why don't you turn your hand to disaster movie writing.
The Real Reason on 21:17 - Mar 15 with 2615 viewsNorthernr

The Real Reason on 20:48 - Mar 15 by Spaghetti_Hoops

True.

Like I have been saying - what has happened is not necessarily what is about to happen. In fact, in the crazy world of football, the exact opposite will sometimes happen. A turning point starts somewhere. Even Torres will score again.

If your cold hard facts are extrapolated into the future relegation is a certainty and annihilation will quickly follow. Why don't you turn your hand to disaster movie writing.

well annihilation isn't inevitable and the reason you and I keep going rather than writing disaster movie scripts is because nobody stays crap forever. even teams you hear about that haven't won a game for eight years win one eventually, usually against QPR. You're right, something will happen, a goal will go in off somebody's arse, we'll win 1-0 and that will start us off. It's happened before under John Gregory when we were down for all money and suddenly stuck five unlikely wins together with Marc Nygaard scoring from 35 yards out.

What's gone before won't necessarily continue to happen as you say. Problem is, then we hit upon another cold hard fact.

next four games - liverpool h, sunderland a, arsenal h, man utd a

Last four games - spurs h, chelsea a, stoke h, man city a.

I've said for sometime, looking at what hughes has done previously at Blackburn and fulham, that suddenly after three or four months or so the players will suddenly get it and start performing. the problem is it will then be too late for this season. If we had 12 more points now I'd still be slightly nervous because of this run in.
The Real Reason on 09:49 - Mar 16 with 2534 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

The Real Reason on 21:17 - Mar 15 by Northernr

well annihilation isn't inevitable and the reason you and I keep going rather than writing disaster movie scripts is because nobody stays crap forever. even teams you hear about that haven't won a game for eight years win one eventually, usually against QPR. You're right, something will happen, a goal will go in off somebody's arse, we'll win 1-0 and that will start us off. It's happened before under John Gregory when we were down for all money and suddenly stuck five unlikely wins together with Marc Nygaard scoring from 35 yards out.

What's gone before won't necessarily continue to happen as you say. Problem is, then we hit upon another cold hard fact.

next four games - liverpool h, sunderland a, arsenal h, man utd a

Last four games - spurs h, chelsea a, stoke h, man city a.

I've said for sometime, looking at what hughes has done previously at Blackburn and fulham, that suddenly after three or four months or so the players will suddenly get it and start performing. the problem is it will then be too late for this season. If we had 12 more points now I'd still be slightly nervous because of this run in.

Funnily enough I see weaknesses in all the teams you mention.

Nygaard's goal at Leicester had me almost speechless. Did we enjoy singing that day?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024