Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help needed - Ricoh Arena 22:45 - Jul 29 with 3702 viewsBeds_Ranger

Does anyone have any good suggestions for parking near the Coventry Ricoh Arena. I'm looking for somewhere with a quick get away, as I have a few hours drive after the game (Olympics on Friday).
Cheers.
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 22:47 - Jul 29 with 3701 viewsWatford_Ranger

Probably not much help but I fkin hate the Ricoh Arena.

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 23:27 - Jul 29 with 3658 viewsCHUBBS

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 22:47 - Jul 29 by Watford_Ranger

Probably not much help but I fkin hate the Ricoh Arena.

This^
A souless sh@thole
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 23:44 - Jul 29 with 3637 viewscalders

I normally park in a field just off the m6,on google its the 5th option down. I would have put a link bit I don't now how.
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 00:20 - Jul 30 with 3615 viewsTacticalR

I know it's not everyone's favourite stadium, but it in terms of size the Ricoh looks much more appropriate for women's football than some of the stadiums that have been chosen.

The Colombia - North Korea match at Hampden Park was ridiculous. The attendance must have been about 20 people:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18993294

Air hostess clique

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 01:27 - Jul 30 with 3597 viewsstowmarketrange

There is a car park next to the ground,and judging by the attendances so far,you should be able to get away with no problems.There are also some private firms next to the ground that allow you to park on their land for a fee.
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 06:31 - Jul 30 with 3567 viewsSmartRs

Here is where I parked last time I went to Coventry:

http://www.walktrot.com/new_page_4.htm
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 11:44 - Jul 30 with 3484 viewscollegeranger

Try Park At My House.com have used them loads - basically you park on someone's drive. Far safer than some waste ground!!

http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/index.php?com=search&q=Ricoh+Arena%2C+Phoenix+Way%2
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:07 - Jul 30 with 3470 viewscalders

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 06:31 - Jul 30 by SmartRs

Here is where I parked last time I went to Coventry:

http://www.walktrot.com/new_page_4.htm

That's the one I use, really good forgetting away.
Login to get fewer ads

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 3466 viewsKrakow

Hi,

I have heard that they have banned all parking within about 2 miles of the ground and that you need to park in special olympics car parks, with park and ride. I might be wrong though, but that's what I hard was happening at the Ricoh.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 3465 viewsClive_Anderson

Never been to the Ricoh. Is it really that bad?

It looks a lot better than say Brighton's new one which everyone seems to love.
Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:14 - Jul 30 with 3462 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:12 - Jul 30 by Clive_Anderson

Never been to the Ricoh. Is it really that bad?

It looks a lot better than say Brighton's new one which everyone seems to love.

It's a horrible place. The shopping centre next door is as souless as the ground.

We also lost 3-0 I had such high hopes for Shimmin too

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Help needed - Ricoh Arena on 12:45 - Jul 30 with 3431 viewsMr_Foxy

I went to the Ricoh Arena yesterday for the Mexico v Gabon game followed by Switzerland v South Korea. The official crowd was 30,114 which is at least twice what Coventry get, and it was actually a cracking atmosphere with it so full (though there were only about 18,000 left by the end of the second game!)

As for parking - all the usual places that open up for football are open! The field that is just off the M6 was open but full by the time I got there yesterday (60 mins before the first kick off) but I just followed some other signs for unofficial parking and ended up in massive lorry trailer park which loads of other people used. There were lots of other industrial units opening up as per normal Coventry games. There were signs for "Official Olympic Parking" but I avoided them like the plague. Everyone was charging £10 for parking though so be prepared to be ripped off!

One thing I did find daft about the ground yesterday is that ALL of the signs around the ground have been taped up and covered over by Olympic badges, which includes the massive RICOH sign at the top of the ground thats usually visible from the M6, all the Coventry City badges around the ground, even to the point of the "Coventry Evening Telegraph Stand" signs being removed!

Enjoy the day, can't imagine there will be 30,000 on a weekday but the atmosphere is much better than I've ever seen for a Coventry match there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024