Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defence 16:42 - Nov 16 with 1574 viewsHeadington

Has Onouha been given a fair crack in central defence, his main position? Maybe him and Ryan Nelson could be best partnership, with Dyer and Fabio full backs. Something needs to change
Defence on 16:47 - Nov 16 with 1554 viewsNorthernr

No he hasn't and I'd prefer him there to Ferdinand, but you won't find much support for Onuoha on here I sense.
Defence on 16:48 - Nov 16 with 1549 viewsfakekerby

Something needs to change, but it's not the defence.

It's been changing all season, it needs to be a unit - the four individuals aren't the issue, it's how they work as a unit.

The same four need to play week in week out - so the only change that should get made is M'Bia (next game) for Ferdinand and then stick with it.
Defence on 16:49 - Nov 16 with 1543 viewsGloucs_R

What is it with managers buying players to do one job and then playing them out of position for every game?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Defence on 16:49 - Nov 16 with 1542 viewsTacticalR

Wasn't he renamed Neddy Ohnohoof?

Air hostess clique

Defence on 16:50 - Nov 16 with 1541 viewsHeadington

Defence on 16:47 - Nov 16 by Northernr

No he hasn't and I'd prefer him there to Ferdinand, but you won't find much support for Onuoha on here I sense.

I think he played there in first match away at Aston Villa which was one of few points we have won away under Hughes
Defence on 16:55 - Nov 16 with 1529 viewssheppetonrs

Defence on 16:47 - Nov 16 by Northernr

I would pick him. I am convinced he is better than he has shown so far.
Defence on 16:57 - Nov 16 with 1524 viewsjamois

Support from me. Any three from him M'Bia and Nelson generally. With no M'Bia I'd pick him.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Defence on 16:59 - Nov 16 with 1522 viewsHeadington

would be interested to know how many games he's actually played for us in that position
Login to get fewer ads

Defence on 17:01 - Nov 16 with 1515 viewspomanjou

Defence on 16:55 - Nov 16 by sheppetonrs

I would pick him. I am convinced he is better than he has shown so far.

Me too. Until M'Bia as a brain transplant.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Defence on 17:15 - Nov 16 with 1486 viewsderbyhoop

I remain unconvinced about Onouha as a central defender. But Nelsen is too old, Ferdinand too casual, Hill too slow, Mbia too undisciplined and Bosingwa doesn't care.
So it's the lesser of all evils for me. And, as I don't think the defence were that bad at Stoke, I'd leave it unchanged.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Defence on 18:18 - Nov 16 with 1411 viewsHunterhoop

Certainly be my choice at Centre back alongside Nelson.

Definitely not been given a fair crack. And the once or twice he did play there he had to play with Ferdinand...

He won Players' and Fans' Player of the Year at Sunderland playing CB when they finished 10th.

However, a few moronic Rangers' fans who think because he can't cross he must be sh*t, coupled with Hughes' brand of 'man management' have ruined his confidence.

Christ, he's also only 26. Why would we want to give a go to the one CB not tried at CB this year, who's been acclaimed in that position before, is young and has got more pace than the rest of the players available??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Defence on 18:22 - Nov 16 with 1401 viewsDesertBoot

Onouha is better than Fedinand but recently he looks like someone who's never seen a football before.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Defence on 18:33 - Nov 16 with 1390 viewsMedwayR

I'd like to see Onouha given a go at CB, can't believe he's 26 though, I still think of him as a young player with potential to be very good, he should be established as a premier league player by now which makes me think maybe he never will if he hasn't by now...

Poll: Who’s better?

Defence on 18:39 - Nov 16 with 1377 viewswombat

Nelson to old ? How many goals has been responsible for this season ? He's a solid centre half and most of the goals we have let in so far have been down to crap full backs I'm sorry to say

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Defence on 18:50 - Nov 16 with 1366 viewsHunterhoop

Defence on 18:33 - Nov 16 by MedwayR

I'd like to see Onouha given a go at CB, can't believe he's 26 though, I still think of him as a young player with potential to be very good, he should be established as a premier league player by now which makes me think maybe he never will if he hasn't by now...

I think he's 26. Bit of a guess but I thought we signed him when he was 25 and now, a yr later, would be 26.

Wiki confirms he turned 26 on Monday this week.
Defence on 18:51 - Nov 16 with 1365 viewssheppetonrs

Defence on 18:18 - Nov 16 by Hunterhoop

Certainly be my choice at Centre back alongside Nelson.

Definitely not been given a fair crack. And the once or twice he did play there he had to play with Ferdinand...

He won Players' and Fans' Player of the Year at Sunderland playing CB when they finished 10th.

However, a few moronic Rangers' fans who think because he can't cross he must be sh*t, coupled with Hughes' brand of 'man management' have ruined his confidence.

Christ, he's also only 26. Why would we want to give a go to the one CB not tried at CB this year, who's been acclaimed in that position before, is young and has got more pace than the rest of the players available??
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024