Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armchair fans 18:53 - Jan 19 with 13032 viewsspiritofshittu

I see a lot of negativity today from the armchair brigade, let's wait and here some valued opinions from those at the game today, rather than those who listened to Sky Sports commentaties or who watched a rubbish stream on a picture the size of a postage stamp.

It's time to back Harry, the players and any team selection for four months and then do the maoning, it is a definite improvement on Hughes that is for sure.

Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for.
Armchair fans on 20:38 - Jan 19 with 1727 viewslongbottom

A point was fair today, we deserved nothing more and fxxk me if that was'nt a penalty then I don't anything about football. Nailed on.
Armchair fans on 21:15 - Jan 19 with 1700 viewsspiritofshittu

Armchair fans on 19:06 - Jan 19 by Toast_R

So if you were unable to get hands on a very limited supply of tickets, that constitutes an arm chair fan does it Shittu you numpty?

Yes that makes you an armchair fan Toast R, sorry to state the obvious.
Armchair fans on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 1685 viewss1cRanger

Totally unfair post. The guys that watched the game via a stream and listened on the radio are no less a fan than those that made the trip.

Its clear that we were outplayed for pretty much the whole game. One chance one goal and Remy took it very very well. Rest of the game WHU were all over us and we were lucky to come away with a point, could hold on to the ball or string a passing move at all in the second half.

I will take a point on that perfomance but we need to be better againt Norwich and take 3.
Armchair fans on 21:35 - Jan 19 with 1665 viewsYorkRanger

Its a shame if we end up back down the route of who is the better supporter and if you can't make a game then your opinion is of no value. I thought this site had moved on from that.

For me it was a hard fought point and a game we would have lost earlier in the season. Hill, Nelson and Cesar looked superb and some of the criticism of the subs I find slightly strange - Tarrabt was ineffective second half, SWP had a calf strain (apparently) and Bothroyd deserved a chance after Wednesday.

3 tough league games in Jan and we are unbeaten - not sure what there is to be unhappy about. Had we held on for 1-0 everyone would be delirious...
Armchair fans on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 1651 viewsHollowayRanger

Armchair fans on 20:18 - Jan 19 by ted_hendrix

I thought we got out of jail free tbh, for the first 15 odd minutes we were good and looked composed etc.
From where I was sat I thought they had a stonewall penalty in the first half.

WHU owned the second half and you could smell their goal coming, thats how I saw It anyway.

that hw i saw it from my labtop

first 20 odd mins very good and a brill pass and classy finish and that was about it for QPR as an attacking force apart from mbia break but by then mackie swp and i think taarabt all off so it was left with mbia to go for it or pass to traore or remy ,he tried for remy and move broke down

entire rest of 2nd half and final 20 mins of first was attack v defence all hands to the pumps ,hill should have been done for a pen and ceaser deserves a medal for some of his work today hill and nelsen must be knackered and sore mbia work very hard fabio and onuaha werent great and i lost count of jarvis and j cole crosses into our box

derry gave 100% but against noble nolan diame he and mbia were over run

taarabt did what he always does a brilliant pass but not much else

remy a classy finish but looks like last seasons cisse ,he's no target man and the ball just kept coming back at us

we went hoping for 3 points and we're lucky to get 1 ,we all know feb/march will decide it one way or the other

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Armchair fans on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 1633 viewsloftboy

Armchair fans on 21:15 - Jan 19 by spiritofshittu

Yes that makes you an armchair fan Toast R, sorry to state the obvious.

Bollocks, a fan is a fan, In the last 30 years I've had seasons where I haven't missed a game, seasons where I've been to 30-40 games, seasons where I've done only 10 and when I got married in 1991 and the kids arrived I didn't go to any for a couple of seasons, I now do all the homes as I have a season ticket and a very limited number of always again due to cost. I was no less passionate in the seasons I didn't attend as I was in the seasons I didn't miss a game.
People's circumstances and priorities change and you don't always have to be in a stadium (especially these days with live feeds) to have a valid opinion. Spiritofshittu is either a wum or one deluded tosser.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Armchair fans on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 1624 viewsspiritofshittu

Armchair fans on 21:24 - Jan 19 by s1cRanger

Totally unfair post. The guys that watched the game via a stream and listened on the radio are no less a fan than those that made the trip.

Its clear that we were outplayed for pretty much the whole game. One chance one goal and Remy took it very very well. Rest of the game WHU were all over us and we were lucky to come away with a point, could hold on to the ball or string a passing move at all in the second half.

I will take a point on that perfomance but we need to be better againt Norwich and take 3.

I'm sorry man, but all i'm saying is that you can't really have an opinion on a game that you were not at. Too many do. Nothing unfair about that is there? The live streams and the radio do not portray the real picture.

Nothing to do with you not being a real fan, just don't have an opinion on a game that you didn't go to if it is negative.. Look at Watford for FFS, read the posts.

So we were outplayed for the match and took a point, that constitutes a good result right?

We will beat Norwich for sure

Armchair fans on 22:03 - Jan 19 with 1613 viewsqprmick

Armchair fans on 21:52 - Jan 19 by loftboy

Bollocks, a fan is a fan, In the last 30 years I've had seasons where I haven't missed a game, seasons where I've been to 30-40 games, seasons where I've done only 10 and when I got married in 1991 and the kids arrived I didn't go to any for a couple of seasons, I now do all the homes as I have a season ticket and a very limited number of always again due to cost. I was no less passionate in the seasons I didn't attend as I was in the seasons I didn't miss a game.
People's circumstances and priorities change and you don't always have to be in a stadium (especially these days with live feeds) to have a valid opinion. Spiritofshittu is either a wum or one deluded tosser.

Everyone to their opinion. Where does all the money come from that pays most of the costs of the team? Why TV of course. We all like to attend for the atmosphere,the camaraderie etc, I appreciate the average fan pays out lots in terms of tickets, food and travel and you are appreciated. But the armchair fan makes a contribution and has a place. We buy shirts and other merchandise from the club plus our TV contributions. So we all have a place in this great game of football. Don't forget we have all done some time on the terraces and those dreadful seats.

Qprmick

Login to get fewer ads

Armchair fans on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 1609 viewsJamie

Armchair fans on 21:59 - Jan 19 by spiritofshittu

I'm sorry man, but all i'm saying is that you can't really have an opinion on a game that you were not at. Too many do. Nothing unfair about that is there? The live streams and the radio do not portray the real picture.

Nothing to do with you not being a real fan, just don't have an opinion on a game that you didn't go to if it is negative.. Look at Watford for FFS, read the posts.

So we were outplayed for the match and took a point, that constitutes a good result right?

Glad you've said that as I had been thinking to myself that the West Brom v Villa game earlier was quite entertaining but as I wasnt at the Hawthorns I've now admonished myself for such an outrageous transgression.

Equally I thought the South Africa ACON game earlier was a load of shit but as I wasn't in S.Africa it would appear that infact in person it was a rip roaring end to end 8 goal thriller rather than the 0-0 snoozefest it appeared on tv.
Armchair fans on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 1607 viewsTheBlob

So the equation being if you don't witness an event you have no right to comment?

You're an idiot.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Armchair fans on 22:09 - Jan 19 with 1599 viewsHollowayRanger

off course we can have an opinion on the game we got to see more off the game than any fan at the game! we see all the build up play we have the so called experts and all the replays off inncidents like hill hauling down their striker

we were poor and lucky to get a point a point earned by our players working their socks off and fighting for everything but as an attacking force non existant 2nd half apart from 1 break

dont get me wrong under hughes we would be talking about a 0-4 loss instead now ,we have came a massive way but it just feels as if we have gone from shite under hughes to poor/average under harry and we need to get to very good to get out off this mess

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Armchair fans on 22:14 - Jan 19 with 1592 viewsessextaxiboy

So all the pundits who comment on the game no matter how experienced who have watched it on screen have no valid opinion? .
So watching the opposition on a dvd from a scouting point of view is a waste of time .
We had an allocation of 1500 .That quite a few of our 12000 hardcore that you are discounting .
I was at Heathrow working so you wont find a comment from me about individual performances but if I had watched a stream I would have an opinion .

Have you never sat in the ground seething over a decision only to get a text at halftime telling you that you are wrong .

The BBC London radio commentary was by Phil Parry a big Rangers fan , when he says we scraped a point you are getting a fans point of view .
Armchair fans on 22:20 - Jan 19 with 1576 viewsHollowayRanger

no point watching motd then is there

damm might as well throw all those QPR videos and dvd's away as well sigh!

Listen to the band play!

Armchair fans on 23:05 - Jan 19 with 1545 viewsRangersw12

I went today thought we were poor , sat too deep and allowed West Ham to dictate from the first min

If it wasn't for Cesar we would of lost by 4/5

Positives all the players gave 100% so happy with that

Armchair fans on 23:12 - Jan 19 with 1536 viewsBklynRanger

'SpiritofShittu' is an unfortunate addition to this board in recent months. Comes across as a very smug and condescending individual. Lording it over other supporters when he thinks there's an opportunity.

Other people have made all the other valid points about the game and their viewing/listening of it.

Out of interest, if you ignore a poster does it also ignore their threads?
Armchair fans on 23:20 - Jan 19 with 1368 viewsFDC

Armchair fans on 23:12 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

'SpiritofShittu' is an unfortunate addition to this board in recent months. Comes across as a very smug and condescending individual. Lording it over other supporters when he thinks there's an opportunity.

Other people have made all the other valid points about the game and their viewing/listening of it.

Out of interest, if you ignore a poster does it also ignore their threads?

"Out of interest, if you ignore a poster does it also ignore their threads? "

Not really, you see responses and threads, just not the content.
Armchair fans on 23:22 - Jan 19 with 1366 viewsBklynRanger

Armchair fans on 23:20 - Jan 19 by FDC

"Out of interest, if you ignore a poster does it also ignore their threads? "

Not really, you see responses and threads, just not the content.

Cheers Fish, I'll continue to view his circus act for now I suppose.

The only poster I've ignored in the last year or two has been done by accident and I can't see how to undo it :)
Armchair fans on 23:27 - Jan 19 with 1357 viewsqprmick

Armchair fans on 23:22 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

The only poster I've ignored in the last year or two has been done by accident and I can't see how to undo it :)

You undo it on the edit profile thingy.

Qprmick

Armchair fans on 23:28 - Jan 19 with 1355 viewsBklynRanger

Armchair fans on 23:27 - Jan 19 by qprmick

You undo it on the edit profile thingy.

Ah cheers. Stubad - you're back in the game!
Armchair fans on 23:35 - Jan 19 with 1347 viewsFDC

Armchair fans on 23:22 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

"this poster is ignored"

What did he say?
Armchair fans on 23:35 - Jan 19 with 1346 viewsnoauthority

Armchair fans on 23:28 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

The more I read his posts the more I think spiritofshittu is either Clint Hill or Sean Derry trying to court favour for retaining their place in the team.

Then again I am David Icke ;-)

We have become more solid since Derry regained his place and there is no better option that Hill at present.

On this particular post the idea you can't assess a match from an internet stream is just beyond nonsense. You might miss the odd bigger picture as in off the ball movement but you get a fair representation.

Two clear penalties for Wet Spam - Hills clear pull back and Derry's intentional (yet clever) hand ball shortly before.

Armchair fans on 23:38 - Jan 19 with 1340 viewsspiritofshittu

Armchair fans on 23:28 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

Every comment from an armchair fan.

My point very simple what you see on your postage stamp streams and what you see if you attend the match are very different. When you go to a match you don't follow what the camera is following, you see a much bigger picture.

Brooklyn Ranger you've probably never been to a match so I will give you the benefit of the doubt / naievety.

No one who has gone to the match today has posted negatively on this thread.

Armchair fans on 23:42 - Jan 19 with 1326 viewsFDC

@ noauthority

Funny you should say that, I'm totally convinced that the poster cjc is either Tony Fernandes, one of his buddies, or an internet 'bot. He turned up at around the same time as Tony and is mega partisan, and his/her post never really make any sense but always blow smoke up the club's arse. But then again I'm a lizard, so, you know.

@ SoS

Don't be a cvnt.
Armchair fans on 23:45 - Jan 19 with 1316 viewsQPR1882

Armchair fans on 23:38 - Jan 19 by spiritofshittu

Every comment from an armchair fan.

My point very simple what you see on your postage stamp streams and what you see if you attend the match are very different. When you go to a match you don't follow what the camera is following, you see a much bigger picture.

Brooklyn Ranger you've probably never been to a match so I will give you the benefit of the doubt / naievety.

No one who has gone to the match today has posted negatively on this thread.

The only negatively i have seen so far on here is regarding 'Arrys use of subs,or have i missed something ?

did you have to be there to have an opinion on subs ?
Armchair fans on 23:50 - Jan 19 with 1299 viewsHollowayRanger

when did shittu die?

Listen to the band play!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024