Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andros Townsend......... 02:23 - Feb 1 with 2044 viewsSonofNorfolt

must admit, don't know much about him, 21, & already on the way to becoming the World loanee Champ.
6 feet tall, but behind Bale & Lennon, it can't be easy, but Spuds obviously think he's got it.

C'mon son, your time is now. Merge in seamlessly like Kyle Walker two seasons ago, and prompt us to comment to the always superior Yids that we can't believe he's not in their first XI, like Adel.
Andros Townsend......... on 06:43 - Feb 1 with 1939 viewssmegma

Walker couldn't get in the Spurs team because their manager at the time reckoned Hutton was a better right back ? Whats Hutton doing now ? And what happened to that Spurs manager ?
Andros Townsend......... on 08:47 - Feb 1 with 1732 viewskitkev

Andros was with us for a season, fast has lots of tricks, scores as well, similar mould to bale but still raw, cant see swp getting near andros, if you buy him at the end of the loan, i have no doubt you will, deffo one for the future.
Andros Townsend......... on 09:36 - Feb 1 with 1646 viewssimmo

Whenever I have seen him I think he has looked really good, lively and direct. Similar player to swp when he was a little more swashbuckling and a little less meek.... He has pace which will suit our counter attacking style especially against the big teams and can beat a man on the outside which in theory spreads the play and free's up space for Taarabt etc. With him, Hoilett and Remy ahead of Taarabt we could really do some damage to teams when we break. Not to mention Harry will know huim better than anyone. Good signing for both sides.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Andros Townsend......... on 10:04 - Feb 1 with 1578 viewsSomersetHoops

Andros Townsend......... on 06:43 - Feb 1 by smegma

Walker couldn't get in the Spurs team because their manager at the time reckoned Hutton was a better right back ? Whats Hutton doing now ? And what happened to that Spurs manager ?

Harry played Walker when he was ready and he gave some good performances. Maybe Hutton was better at the time 3 years ago. Since Harry left Spurs Walker seems to have lost his edge a bit.

Who's Next?

Andros Townsend......... on 10:10 - Feb 1 with 1539 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sounds good, I confess (like the victim in Witchfinder general) I know nothing about him.

"Take them to the tree"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Andros Townsend......... on 10:12 - Feb 1 with 1526 viewsfakekerby

I suspect he's here to add some pace and direct play off the bench which tbh we need as we're so clueless in that final third.

I think we'll start seeing a lot more of Hoilett as well given Fernandes' tweet and our refusal to loan him out.
Andros Townsend......... on 10:33 - Feb 1 with 1462 viewsW7Ranger

Spuds fan in the office rates him. Bags of potential and deffo one for the future.
Andros Townsend......... on 10:41 - Feb 1 with 1433 viewsTHEBUSH

Andros Townsend......... on 10:33 - Feb 1 by W7Ranger

Spuds fan in the office rates him. Bags of potential and deffo one for the future.

Not too much in the future, we need him now !!

I saw him come on as a sub for Spurs and he played on the right wing, seems a very tricky player.
Login to get fewer ads

Andros Townsend......... on 11:01 - Feb 1 with 1369 viewsLblock

Didnt he score against us in a Tuesday night game at the new den a few years back.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Andros Townsend......... on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 1350 viewsMarc

Andros Townsend......... on 11:01 - Feb 1 by Lblock

Didnt he score against us in a Tuesday night game at the new den a few years back.

Made his debut that game but think Morrison got both goals
Andros Townsend......... on 15:25 - Feb 2 with 1065 viewskitkev

looks like he had a good game for you mom on sky, once he settles in he will be a handful, for any defence.
Andros Townsend......... on 11:17 - Feb 3 with 880 viewsstevec

Very impressed with Townsend yesterday, one for the future, at last.
Andros Townsend......... on 11:27 - Feb 3 with 848 viewsSharpy

Wont be our future though he is only on loan.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Andros Townsend......... on 11:29 - Feb 3 with 839 views18StoneOfHoop

Andros Townsend......... on 15:25 - Feb 2 by kitkev

looks like he had a good game for you mom on sky, once he settles in he will be a handful, for any defence.

kitkev..you were right on this one and Northernr was wrong.Clive casually wrote AT off twice over in pre-match previews.
Result.
Wallboy 1 KnowItAll 0

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Andros Townsend......... on 11:43 - Feb 3 with 811 viewsBumdaR

He was definite MOM yesterday, lets just hope he can maintain it as unless my aging memory is letting me down, didn't SWP get off to a flyer in his 1st 2 games!
Andros Townsend......... on 11:55 - Feb 3 with 785 viewsNeil_SI

Yeah I think he was probably the pick of the bunch yesterday as well.

I liked how direct he was and he showed some decent feet and good angles when he turned inside, which opens up some threatening opportunities.

He did have a little tendency not to release the ball quickly enough, so that's definitely an area of his game that he can improve, but it's nice to see a natural wide man who is confident and willing to try and beat a man. And in the future I think I'd like to see him put more balls into the box and early.

I thought he tracked back well too.
Andros Townsend......... on 11:58 - Feb 3 with 776 viewsngbqpr

Andros Townsend......... on 11:55 - Feb 3 by Neil_SI

Yeah I think he was probably the pick of the bunch yesterday as well.

I liked how direct he was and he showed some decent feet and good angles when he turned inside, which opens up some threatening opportunities.

He did have a little tendency not to release the ball quickly enough, so that's definitely an area of his game that he can improve, but it's nice to see a natural wide man who is confident and willing to try and beat a man. And in the future I think I'd like to see him put more balls into the box and early.

I thought he tracked back well too.

Agree with that - touch of the Andy Sinton's, I felt

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Andros Townsend......... on 12:01 - Feb 3 with 766 viewsSharpy

"And in the future I think I'd like to see him put more balls into the box and early"

Only if we can get people in their to get on the end of them, but going on yesterday, not any time soon.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Andros Townsend......... on 12:12 - Feb 3 with 743 viewsNeil_SI

Andros Townsend......... on 12:01 - Feb 3 by Sharpy

"And in the future I think I'd like to see him put more balls into the box and early"

Only if we can get people in their to get on the end of them, but going on yesterday, not any time soon.

Yeah indeed, it's an area we need to work on. The players need to gamble a bit more and it's better to be in a position to miss and miss, rather than pass up the opportunity altogether. But it's something that can be worked on.

Yesterday Tal Ben-Haim flashed a ball across the face of the box and we had three players lurking on the edge. It's there that they can seize the moment, one sticks and the other two go. It needs to be sorted on the training ground.

Of course, if you have players willing to put the ball in early then the strikers will understand and know they've got to get in there as well. Sometimes we've messed about too much and not got the ball in the box when we should have, so they've had to check their runs, or maybe they just don't believe it's going to be put in there or put in there with any quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024