Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal line technology (n/t) 05:40 - Mar 27 with 3894 viewsmerovingian

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cycledelic

Goal line technology debate... Oh wait under-contruction... on 07:08 - Mar 27 with 3153 viewsmerovingian

http://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Sport_Innovation/Goal-line_Technology/Arguments_a

Among others, it is quite expensive for such equipment. I don't get it, just add chip with arrays of thin fibres wrap around surface ball; then add 4 sensors into each corners of goal post. Some cheap detector like in supermarket entrance way. Probable cost with maintenancing ~less than a hundred of sterling. Much lesser than.

It also mentioned about ball trajectory etc. Doesn't make sense at all. When is in, it is in. Sensory placement just a couple of notch in from actual goal line to compensate whatever those sport/ physics scientist are thinking, validation purpose.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 13:11 - Mar 27 with 3086 viewsJuzzie

Over the course of the season, how many goals are not given compared to how many wrong offsides, fouls that are dives, penalties that shouldn't have been given, penalties that were not given, players feigning injury etc etc.

I'm for goal line technology but the other aspects of the game that are damaging need looking at too, even if it means retropsective bans for players.

Punish them and they'll stop doing it, don't punish them and they'll carry on.

Goal line technology (n/t) on 13:28 - Mar 27 with 3076 viewsFredManRave

Goal line technology (n/t) on 13:11 - Mar 27 by Juzzie

Over the course of the season, how many goals are not given compared to how many wrong offsides, fouls that are dives, penalties that shouldn't have been given, penalties that were not given, players feigning injury etc etc.

I'm for goal line technology but the other aspects of the game that are damaging need looking at too, even if it means retropsective bans for players.

With all the other issues mentioned a resolution will never be achieved as easily as it will with goal line technology and bearing in mind it's the whole point of the game then I'm just pleased that this issue is finally being sorted out. Bearing in mind all the rest are much harder to call (has a penalty decision ever been universally agreed on?) I think it will be along time before any action is taken.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Goal line technology (n/t) on 15:19 - Mar 27 with 3036 viewsmerovingian

I guess so.

Football/ soccer considered as peoples' sport. Add in high tech gadgets it will be rather expensive, cumbersome for less fortunate, inquiry about reliability will spark all over due to quality which is questionable or worst manipulation. If ever the Referee loose their so called veto, certain cases of match result will end up at court.

~Yoda stamp of approval.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 15:41 - Mar 27 with 3023 viewsstowmarketrange

Goal line technology (n/t) on 13:11 - Mar 27 by Juzzie

I totally agree with you.The game is played at a faster pace than the officials can hope to keep up with ,and with upto 22 players trying to con and cheat their way to a result for their team.
The whole FA system of not re-reffing the game is outdated.Would a court of law only rely on a policeman viewing an incident once ,or would they use video footage if it was availible?
Players might affect the outcome of a season by cheating their way to victory in a game,which might change whether a team gets relegated.The Wigan game was a prime example.Would Wigan have beaten Newcastle if they'd been reduced to ten men?Should they have been without him for the next 3 games?

As you say,if the cheats know that they stand a good chance of missing games because of their cheating actions,they might think twice before doing it.
It has to be worth trying at,because the consequences of not doing so will mean cheating becomes even more widespread.
Goal line technology (n/t) on 16:05 - Mar 27 with 3006 viewsmerovingian

Accurately said.

Where's Clive? TheBlob where art thou? Munching cupcakes, again?

Re-reffing a welcome choice, but then what if everyone start demanding it in every incident that comes up?

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 16:10 - Mar 27 with 2999 viewsmerovingian

Oh wait, my question doesn't make sense somehow. Re-reffing major incident only like Maradonna Hands of God, McManaman's unmanly tackle, touchline & similar fashion.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 16:11 - Mar 27 with 2997 viewsTacticalR

merovingian, what is your native language?

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Goal line technology (n/t) on 16:16 - Mar 27 with 2991 viewsmerovingian

Considere myself a school dropout.

That been said, can we move on?

Thanks.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:45 - Mar 27 with 2973 viewsTacticalR

Don't you care if anyone understands your posts or not?

Air hostess clique

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 27 with 2967 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:45 - Mar 27 by TacticalR

Don't you care if anyone understands your posts or not?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Beep.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 27 with 2966 viewsmerovingian

What shall I do?

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:58 - Mar 27 with 2963 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 17:52 - Mar 27 by merovingian

What shall I do?

Have a beer.

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:03 - Mar 27 with 2959 viewsmerovingian

I guess, I'm welcomed to continue then.

Beer here.

Care to toast?

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:07 - Mar 27 with 2953 viewsmerovingian

blup!

Ooopps... is that your belly? Sorry I missed your beer glass.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:07 - Mar 27 with 2952 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:03 - Mar 27 by merovingian

I guess, I'm welcomed to continue then.

Beer here.

Care to toast?

Not allowed to drink anymore.

But skoal anyway.

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:20 - Mar 27 with 2947 viewsmerovingian

Okay. New chapter.

Herewith, I Merovingian the keeper of Keymaster of the Matrix promised to write better English grammar, punctuation & so forth in the name of Greater English Langguage out of respect & love...

Dang I'm doing it again, sorry.

I Merovigian... Okay I'll try best.

And there's another thing I would like to share. People tend to think the words I used have double meaning so & so. Well it is not. What you see is purely of my understanding in English vocabulary & nothing else, no hidden agenda nor code whatsoever.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:22 - Mar 27 with 2945 viewsmerovingian

It's been fun though.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:25 - Mar 27 with 2941 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 18:20 - Mar 27 by merovingian

Okay. New chapter.

Herewith, I Merovingian the keeper of Keymaster of the Matrix promised to write better English grammar, punctuation & so forth in the name of Greater English Langguage out of respect & love...

Dang I'm doing it again, sorry.

I Merovigian... Okay I'll try best.

And there's another thing I would like to share. People tend to think the words I used have double meaning so & so. Well it is not. What you see is purely of my understanding in English vocabulary & nothing else, no hidden agenda nor code whatsoever.

Go for it.

What can we lose.

Your grammar is already better than some on here.

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:00 - Mar 27 with 2932 viewsmerovingian

I got scared sometimes when people start to accuse/ portray/ relate me with undesirable effigy, this is when I start disappearing from boards.

Why LFW, I was a state school football captain back then, my position forward midfield, my favourite football team Brazil 1990 ~ 1998 & aftwerwards wherever Zidane go but he's technical director now so what next? QPR, it have greater Malaysian essence in it compared with AVilla or even Cardiff. ManU/ Arsenal/ THotspur have great following so why not? I'm no herd instinct type guy, nothing wrong being that I'm sure. Clive & Co. endevour is breath taking, I would be honored to affiliate myself here as one of forum member. Last but not least, my wife left coz I sux, I lacked social skill in real life, poor body langguage Beserker et-al, very bad listener I tend to blurt out during conversation, no eye contact etc, I'm sometimes think myself a walking bipedal cro-magnon. Frankly speaking I haven't have sex like in nearly 2 years... Not that I'm looking for it.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:02 - Mar 27 with 2926 viewsmerovingian

Damn shame.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:30 - Mar 27 with 2915 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:00 - Mar 27 by merovingian

I got scared sometimes when people start to accuse/ portray/ relate me with undesirable effigy, this is when I start disappearing from boards.

Why LFW, I was a state school football captain back then, my position forward midfield, my favourite football team Brazil 1990 ~ 1998 & aftwerwards wherever Zidane go but he's technical director now so what next? QPR, it have greater Malaysian essence in it compared with AVilla or even Cardiff. ManU/ Arsenal/ THotspur have great following so why not? I'm no herd instinct type guy, nothing wrong being that I'm sure. Clive & Co. endevour is breath taking, I would be honored to affiliate myself here as one of forum member. Last but not least, my wife left coz I sux, I lacked social skill in real life, poor body langguage Beserker et-al, very bad listener I tend to blurt out during conversation, no eye contact etc, I'm sometimes think myself a walking bipedal cro-magnon. Frankly speaking I haven't have sex like in nearly 2 years... Not that I'm looking for it.

LFW is full of the socially awkward who haven't had their legs over for a number of years.

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:49 - Mar 27 with 2909 viewsmerovingian

We have in common then.

Our subconcious mind is a powerful thing but oftenly disregard by most. What I'm trying to say is, our affinity propels the pathways & not the other way around.

Back to topic. Goaline tech, video replays & similarly are generally good. Problem lies in implementation also monitoring it that will require utmost diligence which is kind of impossible simply because we are only human. Given chance, we human tend to be "naughty."

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:56 - Mar 27 with 2901 viewsmerovingian

Okay, that is straight-english there. Nothing else.

Cycledelic

Goal line technology (n/t) on 20:00 - Mar 27 with 2897 viewsTheBlob

Goal line technology (n/t) on 19:56 - Mar 27 by merovingian

Okay, that is straight-english there. Nothing else.

A bird in the hand is worth two in Shepherd's Bush.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024