Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A peaceful calm has descended 08:24 - Apr 30 with 1218 viewsBlackCrowe

on my karma. The stress and distress of the past 8 months have evapourated in the Spring sun of the the morning.
I now am looking forward to passion, drama and the comparitive honesty of the Championship and the supporters. I am looking forward to plenty of mid-week pints of ale in the pub followed by a matches under floodlights.
Just please HR and TF build us a squad hthis Summer that wants to compete and win and play for each other and us, and one that will hover in and around the top 6 next year. If that can happen, then I'm looking forward to next season already. I'm not asking for automatic promotion, though that of course would be fantastic, but I am asking for an exciting ride where moments of anguish are kept to a minimum.
Thanks in advance.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

A peaceful calm has descended on 08:33 - Apr 30 with 1200 viewsCharlie1

Yep, I'm in a similar place.

It's all about the right players now - attitude and character rather than CV.

Once the inevitable happened on Sunday it felt weirdly like closure. And yesterday's interviews were good; open, honest and frank.

The Premiership isn't what it's cracked up to be. We got the balance wrong squad wise so didn't live the dream. I think we could and can compete in the Prem with TF at the helm. If he's learnt from his mistakes, we've half a chance.

Next season will be tough. We will be favourites and everyone will be after us as a scalp.

Let's win the play offs

2:59 baby!

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:15 - Apr 30 with 1169 viewsMonahoop

I descended into peaceful resignation a few weeks back. Last 3 or 4 results have just produced a cursory shrug of the shoulders.

Who knows what next season will bring. I'm not sure the club will be favourites for promotion. Money and a well known manager aside can't guarantee success, even at that level. A positive attitude, hard work and descent organsation, coupled with a bit of luck now and then as was the case a couple of years back, might see the club through a good season. One thing for sure is the club needs to hit the ground running from the off. The Championship is becoming an ever more competitive division, so anyone thinking the club will breeze it because they came down from the Prem this season, really needs to take a few steps back and think again.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 1147 viewspeejaybee

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:15 - Apr 30 by Monahoop

I descended into peaceful resignation a few weeks back. Last 3 or 4 results have just produced a cursory shrug of the shoulders.

Who knows what next season will bring. I'm not sure the club will be favourites for promotion. Money and a well known manager aside can't guarantee success, even at that level. A positive attitude, hard work and descent organsation, coupled with a bit of luck now and then as was the case a couple of years back, might see the club through a good season. One thing for sure is the club needs to hit the ground running from the off. The Championship is becoming an ever more competitive division, so anyone thinking the club will breeze it because they came down from the Prem this season, really needs to take a few steps back and think again.

I cant stand people with sound common sense,

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:39 - Apr 30 with 1122 viewsadhoc_qpr

Only 1 team from the last 9 relegated have bounced straight back and that was West Ham who had Big Sam and a decent core of a team in place.

Still 2 years in the Prem has sufficiently lowered my expectations to the extent that not getting relegated from the Championship next season would be fine for me - anything better a bonus.
A peaceful calm has descended on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 1113 viewsN12Hoop

Wise words. The Premiership is merely a race to be the best of a mediocre bunch. There's something very wrong with celebrating a goaless draw with Man City or Spurs as if we have won the cup. I hate going to games with no expectation of winning.

So I'm ok with the whole relegation thing and look forward to being in with a shout of the play-offs at least until the last couple of weeks of the season (hopefully!). We have the core of a good team, if we can restore some pride then we have a season to look forward to. I simply don;t believe that we are anything like a Wolves or Blackburn. Roll on August

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:53 - Apr 30 with 1105 viewsJonDoeman

A peaceful calm has descended on 09:15 - Apr 30 by Monahoop

Yeah, but I look at the teams at the top this season, and can't help thinking they ain't all that, and Harry can build us a better one.
If you can't be optimistic before the season has started, when can you be?

It Is What It Is !!

A peaceful calm has descended on 11:56 - Apr 30 with 1067 viewsisawqpratwcity

I'm just happy that we are now mathematically down. In my heart, I've been flogging the dead horse for a few weeks. (I'm one of, if not 'the' "happy-clappy" types Clive's been lamenting.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

A peaceful calm has descended on 11:59 - Apr 30 with 1062 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll be in a gooner pub Saturday not really caring what the result is (staying off bottom would be nice though)

Strangely relaxing being down. Roll on August.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

A peaceful calm has descended on 12:04 - Apr 30 with 1045 viewsJuzzie

I was calm after the Villa game. I knew then we were down.

A peaceful calm has descended on 12:12 - Apr 30 with 1036 viewsQPRski

A peaceful calm has descended on 12:04 - Apr 30 by Juzzie

I was calm after the Villa game. I knew then we were down.

Very true.

I also then realised that it is all over and have been calm ever since.
A peaceful calm has descended on 19:42 - Apr 30 with 974 viewsderbyhoop

I thought we were going down after we lost at home to Southampton. That was before Hughes was sacked and Redknapp arrived. It didn't stop me getting depressed after another feeble defeat. As others have said, "it's the hope that kills you". We now know there is no hope. For 2012/13.

Next season will certainly not be a stroll. There was 1 half decent team, Cardiff. and one poor team, Bristol City. The rest were much of a muchness. There aren't many really poor sides and unless we approach the season with a far better attitude than many of our players have shown this year, we will struggle. Nobody is naming names (in public) but I wouldn't be surprised to see those of questionable character shown the door. Irrespective of contractual obligations.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

A peaceful calm has descended on 20:48 - Apr 30 with 928 viewsPommyhoop

A peaceful calm has descended on 19:42 - Apr 30 by derbyhoop

I thought we were going down after we lost at home to Southampton. That was before Hughes was sacked and Redknapp arrived. It didn't stop me getting depressed after another feeble defeat. As others have said, "it's the hope that kills you". We now know there is no hope. For 2012/13.

Next season will certainly not be a stroll. There was 1 half decent team, Cardiff. and one poor team, Bristol City. The rest were much of a muchness. There aren't many really poor sides and unless we approach the season with a far better attitude than many of our players have shown this year, we will struggle. Nobody is naming names (in public) but I wouldn't be surprised to see those of questionable character shown the door. Irrespective of contractual obligations.

AND we've got The Ashes to relieve the close season boredom.
Happy days!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

A peaceful calm has descended on 21:04 - Apr 30 with 910 viewsBklynRanger

I got 90% of it out of my system the day Wigan equalized. The other 10% still surfaces from time to time but I'm dealing with it.

If you take away the stench of failure and the diminished TV coverage I've no problem being in the Championship. Feels a lot more normal in a strange, hard to describe way.

How many wins did we get in the entire time we were up? Fcuk me, what a chore most of it has been. Next season I want a team that plays with a bit of a hopeful swagger.
A peaceful calm has descended on 21:06 - Apr 30 with 908 viewsqueensparker

It was Wigan for me. That was the "Coventry game".

I was on holiday and on the beach, no internet, no reception, got a the text 1-1 after the game from my Dad an hour later, and just thought "b*llocks to this, that's it we're down". Being away just made me realise how much this season had been pissing me off and I stopped bothering along with the players

Football's about time out from the day-to-day bollox, not another thing to get you down. I don't care about what league we're in, I just want to enjoy going to football and that's not paying a fortune to watch a load of lazy overpaid tw*ts lose again and again
A peaceful calm has descended on 23:05 - Apr 30 with 853 viewsqprissimo

I've been calm since the Wigan equaliser. But the thing still getting me down is that as an expat it's going to be a lot harder to watch the R's next year. Hopefully that will be countered by there being a few more wins to celebrate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024