Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lawn mowers 09:01 - Jul 10 with 11884 viewsCharlie1

A LFW first.

I'm not much of an expert on these things. Having recently just bought a house with the wife (behave westBerks R ), the turf on the new build is bedding down. Problem is, the garden is two tiered ie steps to the back garden. So a petrol mower is out of the question unless so one has invented something light and movable.

Anyone got any good tips on mowers ie ones to avoid etc. I want a fkcing lawn like the Lords outfield

2:59 baby!

Lawn mowers on 09:11 - Jul 10 with 9026 viewsKonk

Being a Fulham fan, can I suggest that you take on a gardener — there must be a keen young boy from the village eager to earn himself £10 a week working up at the “Big House”?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Lawn mowers on 09:27 - Jul 10 with 9005 viewssmegma

Buy a goat Charlie
Lawn mowers on 09:28 - Jul 10 with 9002 viewsdanehoop

Charlie,

just had same issue last year. Can depend on size of the lawn, but used Which? as a starting point for their best buys and then went and compared with reviews and feedback on Homebase and Argos etc. Ended up with a nice priced electric Flymo hover mower.

Generally look at cutting blade width, power and grass storage capacity. The bigger the lawn then the bigger and more powerful mower you need (unless you like mowing the lawn as a hobby for a whole afternoon). Having a larger grass collecter means less topping and starting to empty the mower.

If you PM me your email I will send you the current Which? Best buys as a starter (I tried to post it, but formatting seems to lose a lot of the details.

Never knowingly understood

Lawn mowers on 09:40 - Jul 10 with 8993 viewstoboboly

Just tarmac over the whole fcuking lot.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Lawn mowers on 09:43 - Jul 10 with 8983 viewspeejaybee

Then Paint Green.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Lawn mowers on 09:50 - Jul 10 with 8968 viewsBlackCrowe

Astroturf and buy a hoover.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lawn mowers on 09:50 - Jul 10 with 8966 viewswestberksr

Lawn mowers on 09:11 - Jul 10 by Konk

Being a Fulham fan, can I suggest that you take on a gardener — there must be a keen young boy from the village eager to earn himself £10 a week working up at the “Big House”?

This....

problem is that Charlie though the NHBC warranty including the lawn being maintained for the first 10 years too

oh the life in the burbs, comparing best buy lists for lawnmowers and discussing the merits of petunias over Hydrangea for the flower beds!
Lawn mowers on 10:49 - Jul 10 with 8908 viewsCharlie1

Lawn mowers on 09:50 - Jul 10 by westberksr

This....

problem is that Charlie though the NHBC warranty including the lawn being maintained for the first 10 years too

oh the life in the burbs, comparing best buy lists for lawnmowers and discussing the merits of petunias over Hydrangea for the flower beds!

I can't afford a gardener Konk, have you seen the ST prices down at the bush?!!!

Dane - you have a PM.

I'm just cutting the lawn mate, just cutting the lawn. None of these fancy flowers!

Login to get fewer ads

Lawn mowers on 10:50 - Jul 10 with 8905 viewsCharlie1

and where is Neil with a rating / lawn mower system analysis?

Lawn mowers on 10:56 - Jul 10 with 8894 viewsMetallica_Hoop

What about that thing they advertise on TV for edges of beds? Looks like an angle grinder on a pole but much less dangerous (I f'kin HATE using angle grinders) you can go around curves and shit.

Forget what it's called.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lawn mowers on 10:56 - Jul 10 with 8892 viewsAunt_Nelly

Get a Bosch Rotak.
Lawn mowers on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 8886 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beware the mower cult though. On the rise in Suburbia stand firm don't let them on the lawn.

Lawn mowers on 10:59 - Jul 10 with 8885 viewsade_qpr

Lawn mowers on 10:56 - Jul 10 by Metallica_Hoop

What about that thing they advertise on TV for edges of beds? Looks like an angle grinder on a pole but much less dangerous (I f'kin HATE using angle grinders) you can go around curves and shit.

Forget what it's called.

Whipper Sniper

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Lawn mowers on 11:03 - Jul 10 with 8874 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lawn mowers on 10:59 - Jul 10 by ade_qpr

Whipper Sniper

Yes! thanks ade, just googled it that's the fella.

Lawn mowers on 11:12 - Jul 10 with 8843 viewsloftboy

Dont get one with plastic blades they are shit.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lawn mowers on 11:21 - Jul 10 with 8830 viewsTheBlob

Don't get the one Scottybought from Argos.Being a girlie she had it because it was cheap and thought a 2ft electric cord was ample.

I got a V Twin 21hp 46" cut Murray lawn tractor.......when it breaks down oy borrers some sheep.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Lawn mowers on 12:12 - Jul 10 with 8793 viewswestberksr

just a thought; I've got a spare racehorse for sale....

probably better at eating grass than his main job description.
Lawn mowers on 12:14 - Jul 10 with 8788 viewsTonto

depends on how big the lawn in and how much you want to spend.

Spending £40-50 on a push mower will give a far better cut than a £40-50 electric one. if your lawn isnt very big, then its a no brainer. they are harder to push, you are are fit enough to cope

If you are going powered, hover movers do not cut as well as rotary mowers.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Lawn mowers on 12:43 - Jul 10 with 8772 viewsCanadaRanger

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/grass-not-require-mowing-52979.html

You are welcome...
Lawn mowers on 12:45 - Jul 10 with 8765 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Charlie, dont forget to get some of these fellas too.

Lawn mowers on 13:09 - Jul 10 with 8736 viewsCanadaRanger

Lawn mowers on 12:45 - Jul 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Are they from Bay City?
Lawn mowers on 13:12 - Jul 10 with 8728 viewsCharlie1

Lawn mowers on 12:45 - Jul 10 by Metallica_Hoop

maybe that's the solution!

Lawn mowers on 13:34 - Jul 10 with 8705 viewskingsburyR

Second the goat!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Lawn mowers on 13:37 - Jul 10 with 8699 viewsR_from_afar

I just bought one of these after getting over 10 years faithful service from its bigger brother, the 35 cm cut model:

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&st

I have only used it once so far but it cuts well, is quiet and easy to lift. Oh, and very cheap at the moment!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lawn mowers on 14:21 - Jul 10 with 8678 viewsGetMeRangers

If you are wanting it to look like Lords, then a cylinder mower is you only option, with perhaps a rotary as back up to remove any bents (flowering stems) that develop at this time of year. On top of that, you will have a lot of other jobs, such as scarifying, spiking, rolling, feeding, watering etc. Aim for a lower standard and certainly dont have children who litter the place with toys and damage the turf with whatever sport they choose to play on it.

Other than that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024