Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free 16:25 - Aug 21 with 8241 viewsFDC

Funny old world.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 16:46 - Aug 21 with 5250 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

And c8nts like Obama, Bush and Blair get away with genocide.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 16:52 - Aug 21 with 5223 viewsBklynRanger

35 years? FFS.

Make an example out of the boy, that'll teach anyone thinking of taking America's precious secret things! - oh hold on, it already didn't...
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 17:19 - Aug 21 with 5147 viewsscot1963

what is quite scary is that the US said that they wouldn't be looking at the death penalty for the other chap who leaked secrets when they were trying to get him extradited - as if they think that is in some way benevolent
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 17:31 - Aug 21 with 5125 viewsWesty75

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 17:19 - Aug 21 by scot1963

what is quite scary is that the US said that they wouldn't be looking at the death penalty for the other chap who leaked secrets when they were trying to get him extradited - as if they think that is in some way benevolent

And our govt ain't much better, trying to intimidate journalists using terror legislation. Shows what a b*llshit smokescreen the "war on terror" is for population control half the time. Just call any dissent "terror" and the police/security services have a quite frightening level of power at their disposal.
....and the depressing thing is that Labour would have done exactly the same thing, and were masters of it when they were in office. I'm just glad the people involved this time are kicking up a major stink - its backfiring on the govt/security services big time.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 19:18 - Aug 21 with 4985 viewsBromleyHoop

Now that there seems to be compelling evidence of the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria it'll be interesting to see how the US deals with this. If they're going to be consistant then get set for another war on Terror against the Assad regime with the support of the Free Syrian Army/Jihadists/Al Qaeda who are currently trying to get rid of him......oh.....hang on a minute....how's that gonna work?? By the way does Syria have any oil??

#feckinhypocrites.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 19:18 - Aug 21 with 4984 viewsTheBlob

We're getting Mubarek on a free?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 21:03 - Aug 21 with 4885 viewsbosh67

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 19:18 - Aug 21 by TheBlob

We're getting Mubarek on a free?

HR says we need proven leaders with experience. He's a free agent these days. Over 30. Perfect. Another midfield general. Well, we didn't get Parker so he's the next natural choice. If Fulham don't step in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 21:10 - Aug 21 with 4868 viewssoupandhoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 21:03 - Aug 21 by bosh67

HR says we need proven leaders with experience. He's a free agent these days. Over 30. Perfect. Another midfield general. Well, we didn't get Parker so he's the next natural choice. If Fulham don't step in.

He will only come for the money
Login to get fewer ads

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 21:13 - Aug 21 with 4862 viewssoupandhoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 17:19 - Aug 21 by scot1963

Thats scary ??
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 22:25 - Aug 21 with 4789 viewsShotKneesHoop

Any chance we can swop SWP for Mubarek now he's on a free?

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 23:00 - Aug 21 with 4738 viewscjc

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 22:25 - Aug 21 by ShotKneesHoop

Any chance we can swop SWP for Mubarek now he's on a free?

Its a f&cking disgrace.

The world is really so f&cked up.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 23:04 - Aug 21 with 4729 viewsTheBlob

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 23:00 - Aug 21 by cjc

Its a f&cking disgrace.

The world is really so f&cked up.

Agree 100%,never once slung over a decent ball.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 4719 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 19:18 - Aug 21 by BromleyHoop

Now that there seems to be compelling evidence of the use of weapons of mass destruction in Syria it'll be interesting to see how the US deals with this. If they're going to be consistant then get set for another war on Terror against the Assad regime with the support of the Free Syrian Army/Jihadists/Al Qaeda who are currently trying to get rid of him......oh.....hang on a minute....how's that gonna work?? By the way does Syria have any oil??

#feckinhypocrites.

Compelling evidence? looks like the rebels gassing their own which coincides with the UN (c8nts) being there. They way the BBC have reported it is embarrassing.

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 00:52 - Aug 22 with 4686 viewsSomersetHoops

The US and our government have been illegaly obtaining information for many years and for exposing this and other illegal actions by these governments and members of their armed forces, the whistle blower gets a ridiculous prison sentence. Obama was supposed to be the peoples champion against corruption, but he has been remarkably quiet about some of these despicable actions carried out in his name. I don't expect he will comment on the sentence and I don't know how he can live with himself.

This just underlines what dishonourable lying hypochrites even the best of politicians are. None of them are worth a pint of p1ss and by this excessive sentence, although we don't really know his motives, Bradley Manning becomes a martyr for truth and honesty.

Who's Next?

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 05:02 - Aug 22 with 4660 viewsWesty75

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 00:52 - Aug 22 by SomersetHoops

The US and our government have been illegaly obtaining information for many years and for exposing this and other illegal actions by these governments and members of their armed forces, the whistle blower gets a ridiculous prison sentence. Obama was supposed to be the peoples champion against corruption, but he has been remarkably quiet about some of these despicable actions carried out in his name. I don't expect he will comment on the sentence and I don't know how he can live with himself.

This just underlines what dishonourable lying hypochrites even the best of politicians are. None of them are worth a pint of p1ss and by this excessive sentence, although we don't really know his motives, Bradley Manning becomes a martyr for truth and honesty.

There are a lot of things Obama (and our govt) should be losing sleep over, this is another (sorry about the Mail link but shows this isn't just a 'loony left' preoccupation):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2312284/Shaker-Aamer-Hes-cleared--devast

http://www.reprieve.org.uk/cases/shakeraamer
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 06:32 - Aug 22 with 4618 viewscjc

Hmmm not a word on injustice please, that would not be towing the line.

I see hunger striking seems to be in fashion in the US at the moment, with 30,000 prisoners in California actively supporting over 400 hunger strikers recently.

If you don't like the system, lock em up.

With nearly 3 million adults in the prison system in the US , Its not getting better and prison investment to cope with another million in the next 5 o 10 years, you can see where US policy lies.

Control the masses at all costs. Actually higher percentage of adults than the gulags during Stalin and 600,000 more than China.

Hohum lets bang up another fella for 35 years because he told the truth.

Wake up people, to what is going on around you because you will be next.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 09:59 - Aug 22 with 4549 viewsWarfieldHoop

Manning leaked classified military documents to Wikileaks. He knew what he was doing and quite rightly so will now pay for it. No sympathy.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 11:08 - Aug 22 with 4523 viewsNW5Hoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 09:59 - Aug 22 by WarfieldHoop

Manning leaked classified military documents to Wikileaks. He knew what he was doing and quite rightly so will now pay for it. No sympathy.

Even as a fully paid-up, sandal-wearing liberal, I feel the same. Serving member of the military who leaked documents. Millions of them. Many of which even the media organisations who published them had to redact, because they were going to endanger lives.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 11:48 - Aug 22 with 4492 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

He exposed war crimes and got more time than a murderer. Explain that away.

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 12:21 - Aug 22 with 4464 viewsWarfieldHoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 11:48 - Aug 22 by Kendo_Nagasaki

He was a serving soldier by his own choice and he chose to put at risk not just the security of the middle east (which we're spending countless amounts on regardless) but the security of our home countries (not to mention any other western targets around the world) to reprisals. This is not just a simple case of whistleblowing at work, he deliberately passed on highly classified details regardless of the consequences.

If we've all read them, then so have every extremist individual, group, affiliates and would be jihadists in the world and this is the sort of material they crave. It's classified for a reason.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:05 - Aug 22 with 4443 viewsFDC

If you're ok with political sentencing I think you need to acknowledge what that means for the kind of society you want to live in.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:07 - Aug 22 with 4441 viewsNW5Hoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 11:48 - Aug 22 by Kendo_Nagasaki

Also Manning and Mubarak were charged under different legal systems in different countries. Comparing them is pointless.

The crucial thing is that he was a serving member of the military, who leaked documents. He was not a whistleblower in the sense that he saw something and felt he could not keep quiet. He simply leaked millions of documents - very little of which he could physically have known the contents of - because of his own personal problems rather than because of principle.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 4439 viewsNW5Hoop

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:05 - Aug 22 by FDC

If you're ok with political sentencing I think you need to acknowledge what that means for the kind of society you want to live in.

You could argue, by that logic, that all punishment for espionage is political sentencing.

Manning was not sentenced for why he did it, but for what he did.

I'm not cheering his imprisonment, and I'm certainly not cheering on US foreign policy. But I don't see how the US government could be expected to treat him as a hero or martyr, rather than as someone who threatened the interests of the US.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 4425 viewsgueRRilla

Because of the documents Manning released, the Iraq Body Count project added another 11,000 deaths to its total.

If making the world aware of the deaths of 11,000 people isn't the right thing to do then I just don't know what is.
Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 4420 viewsFDC

Manning = 35 years; Mubarek = free on 13:10 - Aug 22 by NW5Hoop

You could argue, by that logic, that all punishment for espionage is political sentencing.

Manning was not sentenced for why he did it, but for what he did.

I'm not cheering his imprisonment, and I'm certainly not cheering on US foreign policy. But I don't see how the US government could be expected to treat him as a hero or martyr, rather than as someone who threatened the interests of the US.

It's the political content of the sentencing that I'm talking about. The prosecutors openly pressed for 60 years, with the stated aim of making an example of him. That's not - supposedly - what the legal system is for, in the US or here. Yet crimes which embarrass the state are punished much more punitively than crimes that harm the general public - corporate crimes for example rarely result in prison sentences. And apparently overseeing the murders of hundreds of protestors is not worthy of a prison sentence in Egypt. Yes it's a different legal system, but we're not talking about Mars.

Similarly the sentencing of the August rioters was absurdly disproportionate to the crimes - stealing shoes for example - but were *explicitly* about making an example of the defendants - courts were instructed to sentence as harshly as possible.

My point is simply that these kinds of court cases expose the political nature of the legal system. I'm not saying I'm surprised the judge didn't sing his praises and paint him up as a martyr.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 13:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024