Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland 21:28 - Jun 4 with 1987 viewsDWQPR

Getting a drubbing from the French but have managed an attempt on goal, albeit not on target in 60 minutes of play whilst the French have had 16 attempts. This after only having one attempt against the Italians earlier this week. Looking at their team only Matt Ritchie is a PL regular which shows you what a state they are in. And worse still they have that 'orrible little git Gordon Strachan in charge. Can't see them qualifying for a tournament even if the World Cup Finals were increased to 160 teams. Think they ought to merge with the Faroe Islands if they get independence.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Scotland on 21:45 - Jun 4 with 1957 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

No money in the domestic game is their biggest problem in my opinion, as well as their small population.

Would love to see a merger of the Scottish, English, Welsh, and NI leagues with money spread evenly. After a long settling in period of ground and academy development all home nations would be better off.
Scotland on 22:51 - Jun 4 with 1884 viewsloftboy

Scotland on 21:45 - Jun 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

No money in the domestic game is their biggest problem in my opinion, as well as their small population.

Would love to see a merger of the Scottish, English, Welsh, and NI leagues with money spread evenly. After a long settling in period of ground and academy development all home nations would be better off.

Wouldn't that put the Scottish 3rd division teams .into the ryman league or similar, old firm.apart what level do you reckon Aberdeen and the like would play at, and which teams soul drop down to.accommodate them, as for the welsh league conference at the best.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Scotland on 23:16 - Jun 4 with 1851 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scotland on 22:51 - Jun 4 by loftboy

Wouldn't that put the Scottish 3rd division teams .into the ryman league or similar, old firm.apart what level do you reckon Aberdeen and the like would play at, and which teams soul drop down to.accommodate them, as for the welsh league conference at the best.

Not a complete merger, just the top one or two divisions.

Then the rest can be regional . Not sure how promotion and relegation would work, but i'd sort it out.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2016 23:21]
Scotland on 00:33 - Jun 5 with 1801 viewskarl

Scotland on 23:16 - Jun 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Not a complete merger, just the top one or two divisions.

Then the rest can be regional . Not sure how promotion and relegation would work, but i'd sort it out.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2016 23:21]

Total crap Baz!
If we're sh8t we're sh8t no problem, i'm not pro independence but if they start f8cking about with the football look out.
What if they said QPR are pointless lets lump in with Fulham? Been tried you say, wasn't popular, i wonder why?
Didnt see the game andthe last two games don't bode well but competitive games will hopefully paint a better picture.
And thankfully Hull getting promoted ( i know that doesn't sound good) now gives us another 3 regulars in EPL
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 0:37]
Scotland on 07:44 - Jun 5 with 1718 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Scotland on 00:33 - Jun 5 by karl

Total crap Baz!
If we're sh8t we're sh8t no problem, i'm not pro independence but if they start f8cking about with the football look out.
What if they said QPR are pointless lets lump in with Fulham? Been tried you say, wasn't popular, i wonder why?
Didnt see the game andthe last two games don't bode well but competitive games will hopefully paint a better picture.
And thankfully Hull getting promoted ( i know that doesn't sound good) now gives us another 3 regulars in EPL
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 0:37]

I wouldn't merge any teams Karl!

Hibs would still be Hibs and Falkirk would still be Falkirk etc but the sickening amount of money sloshing in the English game would be shared amongst all Briish teams. Imagine Hibs away at United or Liverpool twice a season, except you've got proper financial backing. An away day at Belfast v Linfield? Lovely.

But if it isn't popular I'll leave it alone when I'm PM!
Scotland on 08:57 - Jun 5 with 1655 viewsHonkytonks

Think there is a serious shout to ban all scottish national teams from sporting events due to their rubbishness!
Scotland on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 1609 viewsDWQPR

Scotland on 08:57 - Jun 5 by Honkytonks

Think there is a serious shout to ban all scottish national teams from sporting events due to their rubbishness!

Except for that *fantastic Brit, Andy Murray

* Please note that this may be altered to useless miserable Scotch git later this afternoon!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Scotland on 10:34 - Jun 5 with 1567 viewsderbyhoop

Didn't see it but what were the French like? They will be one of the favourites for the Euros (in their own country).

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Scotland on 11:35 - Jun 5 with 1515 viewsmacclesfieldman

What a load of baloney, look at Belgium, similar population, poor domestic league and yet a superb national team. Scotland are crap because they are not producing good players anymore and don't have the benefit of the top English clubs helping them develop.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Scotland on 14:28 - Jun 5 with 1439 viewsdistortR

Scotland on 07:44 - Jun 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn't merge any teams Karl!

Hibs would still be Hibs and Falkirk would still be Falkirk etc but the sickening amount of money sloshing in the English game would be shared amongst all Briish teams. Imagine Hibs away at United or Liverpool twice a season, except you've got proper financial backing. An away day at Belfast v Linfield? Lovely.

But if it isn't popular I'll leave it alone when I'm PM!

I would merge hibs and hearts.

'Up the herbs'
Scotland on 16:13 - Jun 5 with 1362 viewsjohncharles

I take you don't live in Edeinburgh

Strong and stable my arse.

Scotland on 17:00 - Jun 5 with 1348 viewsHonkytonks

Scotland on 16:13 - Jun 5 by johncharles

Murray getting his usual nicak bashing!
Scotland on 01:08 - Jun 6 with 1242 viewsBoston

Scotland on 16:13 - Jun 5 by johncharles