Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Republic of Ireland shows class 22:41 - Jun 13 with 4254 viewskomradkirk

Well done ROI fans on giving a mark of respect in the 24th minute of their game to the young lad from N.I.who died in an accidental fall in Nice.
A lovely gesture.
Republic of Ireland shows class on 22:42 - Jun 13 with 4249 viewsRangersw12

Fair play to them and great to hear
Republic of Ireland shows class on 23:16 - Jun 13 with 4165 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I normally detest the #bestfansintheworld self-congratulatory rubbish but I saw that earlier on FB and it was classy.

It's only 23 years since the hatred of Landsdowne and Windsor Park - what a transformation in relations between North and South. Unimaginable from back then!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Republic of Ireland shows class on 23:34 - Jun 13 with 4121 viewsIrishR

Republic of Ireland shows class on 23:16 - Jun 13 by BrianMcCarthy

I normally detest the #bestfansintheworld self-congratulatory rubbish but I saw that earlier on FB and it was classy.

It's only 23 years since the hatred of Landsdowne and Windsor Park - what a transformation in relations between North and South. Unimaginable from back then!

Im the same Brian regarding the #bestfansintheworld tag. It makes me cringe.

Without getting into the debate you had recently the complete outrage at any violence when there are fights every weekend up and down the country in every nightclub due to drink and if we were attacked as a group would have no issues in fighting back amazes me. It does seem that tag however does keep aggression down in the Irish camp and chants like the ISIS one would not gained any momentum with us. How the guy who started that in the England camp wasnt given a slap and told stfu confuses me, moreso the clowns who joined in.

The solution to the violence is maybe condemning it within from own fans IF the argument is instigated by one of your own.

Nice touch tonight though. Onwards and upwards.
Republic of Ireland shows class on 02:04 - Jun 14 with 4043 viewsPommyhoop

Republic of Ireland shows class on 23:34 - Jun 13 by IrishR

Without getting into the debate you had recently the complete outrage at any violence when there are fights every weekend up and down the country in every nightclub due to drink and if we were attacked as a group would have no issues in fighting back amazes me. It does seem that tag however does keep aggression down in the Irish camp and chants like the ISIS one would not gained any momentum with us. How the guy who started that in the England camp wasnt given a slap and told stfu confuses me, moreso the clowns who joined in.

The solution to the violence is maybe condemning it within from own fans IF the argument is instigated by one of your own.

''And the man from Cork City is Roy Keano''
Love it !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Republic of Ireland shows class on 09:26 - Jun 14 with 3864 viewsMonahoop

Republic of Ireland shows class on 23:34 - Jun 13 by IrishR

Good post. It seems the Irish fans do deal with potential trouble within their own ranks before things get out of hand. A neighbour of mine is a regular ROI follower and told me that any aggressive fans or fight seekers [and there are some within their ranks don't be fooled by all the jollity and high japes you see on telly] are slapped down quickly before any foreign law upholders are involved. It seems there is a community spirited approach amongst their fans and those of the North and may be some other nations too which is the way it should be. Yes, the self congratulation think is cringeworthy, but surely it is better to be that way than to have a nation which has a bunch of 'fans' carrying a reputation of being mindless thugs, hell bent on violence, having local police and populace on edge, reminding the world of past empires and winning two world wars.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Republic of Ireland shows class on 11:47 - Jun 14 with 3731 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hard to hear the chants during this tournament but I did like the Republic's one last night aimed at the Swedes "Go home - to your sexy wives".

Apparently the Swedes were brilliant over the last two days themselves.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Republic of Ireland shows class on 11:55 - Jun 14 with 3707 viewsDeano19766

As a veteran of 50+ Test matches abroad following England, we 'police' ourselves from within. On the tours where you get people who don't normally follow the cricket away (Ashes tour for instance) you do get a few on the lookout for a fight. However, they are usually quickly brought into line, or cast adrift by the rest if they refuse to behave
Republic of Ireland shows class on 12:16 - Jun 14 with 3658 viewsstowmarketrange

Republic of Ireland shows class on 11:55 - Jun 14 by Deano19766

As a veteran of 50+ Test matches abroad following England, we 'police' ourselves from within. On the tours where you get people who don't normally follow the cricket away (Ashes tour for instance) you do get a few on the lookout for a fight. However, they are usually quickly brought into line, or cast adrift by the rest if they refuse to behave

I think rugby fans do the same.There was a lot more drinking in Rome in February than you'd ever find at a football match,but the fans didn't turn it into a battlefield,or a conquest.

When we got relegated at Wolves in 2001 we were drinking quite happily before and after the game in the main Wolves pub by their ground.About an hour after the game the joint singing suddenly changed to songs about the IRA and other boring issues.We finished our beers and decided to leave.Why do some feel the need to become bores through drink?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024