Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raising money for Brexit? 16:21 - Mar 16 with 1316 viewsRangersDave

Reported in The Wirral Globe.

Speeding drivers will soon face stricter penalties and much higher fines based on what they earn. On April the 24th, new rules come into effect in the UK which mean that offenders could now be charged up to 175% of their weekly income.

Currently in the UK the minimum penalty for speeding is a £100.00p fine and three penalty points added to your driving licence while the maximum fine is £1000.00p or £2500,00p for motorway offences.

But when the new guidelines are brought in next month those caught driving at more than 101mph in a 70mph speed limit could be disqualified for up to 56 days
and get a fine of between 125and175per cent of their relevant weekly income.

Or if you are caught going between 31mph and 40mph in a 30mph zone you will get three penalty points and a fine of between 25 and 75 per cent of your weekly income.

Currently many drivers get away without points and a fine by paying for a speed awareness course.

It follows tougher penalties being brought in this month for anyone using a mobile phone behind the wheel.

The previous penalty of three points and a £100.00p fine has been doubled to 6 points and £200.00p

The new sentencing structure has been designed to produce a sufficient deterrent to reduce the number of speeding drivers.

How will this affect current drivers? If you are a high earner, your fine could be huge, If a footballer earning £300.000 a week could face a fine £500,000.

Meanwhile an 18 year old driver who works 40 hours a week on the minimum wage could be subject to a fine of less than £400.00p for the same speed.

How much will the ordinary drivers be fined if they are caught speeding?.

The new speeding system is split into three bands which rate the severity of the offence based on the speed limit.

Band A Refers to an offence that is between one and ten MPH over the stated speed limit.

A Band B Offence is 11mph to 21 MPH above the stated speed limit and a band C Offence is 21 MPH above that stated limit.

The starting point for a band A fine is 50% of you weekly wage; Band B is 100% of your weekly wage; Band C starting point is 150% rising to 175% .

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Raising money for Brexit? on 19:39 - Mar 16 with 1181 viewskensalriser

Great news for people between jobs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Raising money for Brexit? on 22:50 - Mar 16 with 1085 viewsLythamR

Brilliant. so travelling safely but nimbly on an empty stretch of motorway can cost someone a shedload of money . significantly more that someone texting on their mobile in a built up area

there is presumably some logic in there somewhere but thats not going to help me get home on a saturday in time for Casualty!
Raising money for Brexit? on 23:19 - Mar 16 with 1060 viewsMrSheen

Nothing new in this. John Major briefly tried it, but abandoned it under pressure from...I'm sure you can guess. Standard in Finland. I can see some merit for it, that it makes for an equal deterrent, though surely that's what points are for, and it protects the public from speeding taxpayers but not from those that don't bother with tax. licences, insurance, etc. Also, it creates an incentive for the police to chase revenue in high-yielding areas, and ignore places where there is is less return, making for different levels of enforcement and road safety.

Top marks for shoehorning in Brexit!

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-
Raising money for Brexit? on 23:50 - Mar 16 with 1042 viewsBoston

Raising money for Brexit? on 23:19 - Mar 16 by MrSheen

Nothing new in this. John Major briefly tried it, but abandoned it under pressure from...I'm sure you can guess. Standard in Finland. I can see some merit for it, that it makes for an equal deterrent, though surely that's what points are for, and it protects the public from speeding taxpayers but not from those that don't bother with tax. licences, insurance, etc. Also, it creates an incentive for the police to chase revenue in high-yielding areas, and ignore places where there is is less return, making for different levels of enforcement and road safety.

Top marks for shoehorning in Brexit!

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/03/finland-home-of-the-103000-

I take it driving is 'Finished' then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024