Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 10:58 - Jan 7 with 2990 viewskingo

I went yesterday, not too many others did, and I didn’t come away angry. We played ok, didn’t look threatened by them at all. The goal was a massive mistake by Scowen but I will let off one of our most consistent performers for one error of judgement. The ref was useless and their keeper had the ball hit him, rather than saved on several occasions, plus we had an equaliser ruled out ( not sure what for). It could easily have been 2 or 3 to us but it just wasn’t to be, football results don’t always reflect a match. So we are out of a competition that we don’t stand a chance of winning, not the end of the World in my books.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 11:01]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 7 with 2870 viewsRs_Holy

thanks for that kingo... sounds similar to what other (attending fans) have been saying.
Yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 7 with 2868 viewsFrankRightguard

Ruled out as it was thrown straight in to the net
Yesterday on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 2828 viewskingo

Yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 7 by FrankRightguard

Ok, couldn’t see as even in C block I had a post in my way. Back to HU where I only miss who’s taking a corner.

Yesterday on 11:45 - Jan 7 with 2817 viewsFrankRightguard

I don’t know how people sit up there. No room, can’t see any of the near touch line and posts absolutely everywhere.
Yesterday on 11:52 - Jan 7 with 2789 viewskingo

Yesterday on 11:45 - Jan 7 by FrankRightguard

I don’t know how people sit up there. No room, can’t see any of the near touch line and posts absolutely everywhere.

It is what you get used to I suppose. I can see everything apart from SA/School corner. The atmosphere and banter is good. There was no atmosphere at all yesterday from us and MK had about 50 kids taking a pop at a girl and her boyfriend for the entire match.

Yesterday on 12:10 - Jan 7 with 2720 viewsozranger

Yesterday on 11:52 - Jan 7 by kingo

It is what you get used to I suppose. I can see everything apart from SA/School corner. The atmosphere and banter is good. There was no atmosphere at all yesterday from us and MK had about 50 kids taking a pop at a girl and her boyfriend for the entire match.

I chose to sit in the front row of B block. Trouble was that the QPR web pages didn't warn me straight out that the seat I had was directly behind a pillar and so the whole of the middle of the park was not visible. As has been said, I wonder how anyone can sit in these seats for the whole season. I am sure they are empty every game. The atmosphere was null until late in the game. There was no upper loft or other blocks where the general vocal fans are. By altering the formation of the seating the club also eliminated any real chance of some vocal fan support. It reminds me of the Charlton v Truro game in Rd 1 of the Cup where the Charlton fans were sitting quietly. These games where the home fans are herded into smaller areas minimise the atmosphere altogether.

Also, it's about time someone said something else about the goal. While Scowen made a horrendous error, there is a little bit of blame on two of the defenders (I think Hall and Robinson). They. together were cutting off any possible shot by Cisse and then both, in the same movement, stepped to their right opening up the chance for the shot, and the goal. What happened there I do not know. You cannot see this in the highlights, but from where I was sitting in direct line of the shot it was very visible.
Yesterday on 12:22 - Jan 7 with 2684 viewsactonman

About spot on from what I saw aswel . Massive highlight that we need someone who knows where the goal is though.
Ref was an absolute c u next Tuesday ! Let mk players constantly foul , push and pull smith all game.
Wtf scowen was doing for their goal is anybody's guess but once they went 1 up we had no chance with 10 men behind the ball and to be fair they defended the lead well.
Oh well another cup game beaten at home by lower league opposition, nothing new there
What does worry me is that was pretty much our first eleven

Oh and I don't know how much money they save by not opening ER but please stop as it stops any atmosphere being generated and looks fking tin pot with half the ground empty.
Yesterday on 12:53 - Jan 7 with 2566 viewsRangersw12

Yesterday on 11:34 - Jan 7 by FrankRightguard

From my view in NL it clearly took a deflection before it went in I thought it was disalowed for alleged foul on the keeper

As the OP said I thought we played ok and should have won easily
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 13:09 - Jan 7 with 2497 viewssmegma

The ball went straight in having seen the Sky replay immediately. (From Sky tv above press box) . It also appeared to be a foul by Smith on the keeper. But then the keeper feigned injury every time he caught the ball so it's hard to be sure.
Yesterday on 13:11 - Jan 7 with 2487 viewskingo

I don’t know what anyone else thought but their No. 8 was awkwardly effective, a bit like Nzonzie when he was at Blackburn. Took the chance well too.

Yesterday on 13:21 - Jan 7 with 2457 viewsThGrimRanger

I was there yesterday and I disagree with this. Apart from the goal they had the only other golden opportunity of the game which came off the inside of the post and somehow didn't fall to the MK dons player standing alone and unmarked in front of goal.

Normally when teams get beaten by a lower division one then the losers have had a right go but just can't convert but that def wasn't the case yesterday. We could have played for another 90 minutes and we wouldn't have scored against them.

The 'highlights' back that up. Virtually nothing worth showing in terms of QPR efforts.

Also thought they had the outstanding players on the pitch, especially their no 10 (Aneke)

...we're at home and they are fighting relegation to Div 2 - very worrying!!!

TheGrimRanger

Yesterday on 13:39 - Jan 7 with 2399 viewskingo

Yesterday on 13:21 - Jan 7 by ThGrimRanger

I was there yesterday and I disagree with this. Apart from the goal they had the only other golden opportunity of the game which came off the inside of the post and somehow didn't fall to the MK dons player standing alone and unmarked in front of goal.

Normally when teams get beaten by a lower division one then the losers have had a right go but just can't convert but that def wasn't the case yesterday. We could have played for another 90 minutes and we wouldn't have scored against them.

The 'highlights' back that up. Virtually nothing worth showing in terms of QPR efforts.

Also thought they had the outstanding players on the pitch, especially their no 10 (Aneke)

...we're at home and they are fighting relegation to Div 2 - very worrying!!!

Christ you really are a grim ranger. Not sure what match you were watching but their 10 and their other forward were awful, simply just fouled every time they were near the ball. Yes they did hit the post but that was due to Smithies leaving a shot that possibly he should not have. The highlights want to show a giant killing, the match stats are very different. We had numerous chances that should have ended up in the net but didn’t. Also should have had a penalty at the beginning which would’ve put a whole different complexion on the match. Bottom line is we lost but I for one am not going to go overboard about being out of the cup.

Yesterday on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 2316 viewsEsox_Lucius

Could be worse, you could be a dirty Leeds fan this afternoon. LOL

The grass is always greener.

Yesterday on 14:28 - Jan 7 with 2252 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Yesterday on 11:45 - Jan 7 by FrankRightguard

Given how we have played, by and large the last few seasons. It sounds like only seeing part of the pitch and being stuck behind posts, is the best place to watch us from!
Yesterday on 14:32 - Jan 7 with 2230 viewsdaveB

The ball looked like it went straight in from the throw but the ref seemed to give a foul when Smith jumped with the keeper, he'd blown before the ball went in
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 14:32]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024